GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I have heard from some people that the 2021 Type R comes with remote start, No one can figure out how to enable it. Do I need the remote start keyfob from Honda? Is it not a feature? all info would greatly help.

If it does not come with remote start what remote starts if any do yall use?
Sponsored

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Unfortunately Civic Manual Transmission does not have remote start option. You will need to go aftermarket and somehow bypass the clutch safety system.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's usually quite a pain to get a remote start setup on a stickshift. Would just pass on that and modify something else imo.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I used a Fortin unit on my Si and plan on moving that over to the R soon. Plug and play, only had to tap the clutch wire and key sense in the steering column. Everything else and was plug and play with the harness.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I have heard from some people that the 2021 Type R comes with remote start, No one can figure out how to enable it. Do I need the remote start keyfob from Honda? Is it not a feature? all info would greatly help.

If it does not come with remote start what remote starts if any do yall use?
Does not come with a remote start. I have a Viper installed on my car which is nice to have, but also a PITA. There's a small dance you have to do when exiting the car involving putting up the parking brake, pressing the remote start button, then exit the car with it running. The car will shut off on its own. Entering the car at any point will disarm the remote start (it will no longer work) until you repeat the dance again. Although it's not common to only Honda, the car shuts off when you open any of the doors when the remote start has been used.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Manual transmission vehicles do not come with remote start for safety reasons, and there's no OEM remote start accessory available. As others have said, you can go aftermarket and bypass the clutch safety, but the one time the car is parked in 1st without the brake on, you'll wish you hadn't.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I previously had the Compustar alarm / remote start installed and it's the same process as @tinyman392 said with his Viper system when remote starting. Main reason I bought it was for the alarm actually, since I had Volks on the car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I previously had the Compustar alarm / remote start installed and it's the same process as @tinyman392 said with his Viper system when remote starting. Main reason I bought it was for the alarm actually, since I had Volks on the car.
Having the alarm system notifications is nice. Viper also has GPS, though you have to pay for that. I like having the ability to use my phone/watch to start the car. Useful for the winter (Chicagoland has had temps where Celsius is equal to fahrenheit) and summer when the cabin can be a tad bit uncomfortable. It destroys my gas mileage when I do it though (for obvious reasons).

I did learn one thing though, if I lower the windows and lock my doors with the fob then start the car, the alarm goes off.

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Does not come with a remote start. I have a Viper installed on my car which is nice to have, but also a PITA. There's a small dance you have to do when exiting the car involving putting up the parking brake, pressing the remote start button, then exit the car with it running. The car will shut off on its own. Entering the car at any point will disarm the remote start (it will no longer work) until you repeat the dance again. Although it's not common to only Honda, the car shuts off when you open any of the doors when the remote start has been used.
yeah I'm aware of the steps I used to have a stick shift 4x4 chevrolet with the viper on it and I used to have to apply brake hit clutch hop out then the truck shut off but yeah it was a pain

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I used a Fortin unit on my Si and plan on moving that over to the R soon. Plug and play, only had to tap the clutch wire and key sense in the steering column. Everything else and was plug and play with the harness.
they do not make one for the Type R's I actually checked and emailed them they said its not available on anything over 2019 yet

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
yeah I'm aware of the steps I used to have a stick shift 4x4 chevrolet with the viper on it and I used to have to apply brake hit clutch hop out then the truck shut off but yeah it was a pain
The only thing I found really annoying with my system is that you have to hit the remote start button pretty quickly after putting up the parking brake. Though once I figured that out I stopped getting failures. That and the fact that you can't get into your car (or hatch) again or it'll disarm :/

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
The only thing I found really annoying with my system is that you have to hit the remote start button pretty quickly after putting up the parking brake. Though once I figured that out I stopped getting failures. That and the fact that you can't get into your car (or hatch) again or it'll disarm :/
yeah that's why I think with PTS systems it would be a pain =( well sad day I guess thank you for the info guys.

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I usually leave the car in 1st or reverse when parked. I can’t imagine having a remote start. It probably will kill someone……

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I usually leave the car in 1st or reverse when parked. I can’t imagine having a remote start. It probably will kill someone……
With the way it works, it would be impossible for that to happen. You actually leave the vehicle with it running before it shuts off on its own (with no one else in the vehicle). Opening the doors at any point will cause the remote start to disarm it self until you do the dance again.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag