tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
He is referring to accidentally leaving the car in gear when the car is trying to start.

This has happend to my buddy, he also had to replace his garage door ?
There’s a dance you have to do with the remote start which makes this impossible. The only way to have the car start in gear is by disabling all the safeguards that are required for the installation of the remote start.

The dance involves leaving the car running when you exit the vehicle. It shuts off when you leave. If you enter the vehicle again (open doors or hatch), remote start is disabled (until you do the dance again). With this setup it is impossible to start the car in gear unless you exit the car running with it in gear (in which case you’d have other issues).

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
There’s a dance you have to do with the remote start which makes this impossible. The only way to have the car start in gear is by disabling all the safeguards that are required for the installation of the remote start.

The dance involves leaving the car running when you exit the vehicle. It shuts off when you leave. If you enter the vehicle again (open doors or hatch), remote start is disabled (until you do the dance again). With this setup it is impossible to start the car in gear unless you exit the car running with it in gear (in which case you’d have other issues).

I agree, but this used to happen back in the day early 2000s with older alarms/starters.

This is why they came out with the pedal dance procedure

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My understanding is that all of the currently available aftermarket systems require you to turn the car off and restart it to "take over" and drive away after a remote start. (same for the Si) That was a dealbreaker for me.
Nope
My system is Fortin/Viper
With a relay to manage bypass rev match on startup

My ready mode process is
  1. Put it in neutral
  2. Foot on the brake
  3. Apply parking brake
  4. Get out
My takeover process is:
  1. Get in the car
  2. Press the star/on button
  3. Hit the brake
  4. Drive

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope
My system is Fortin/Viper
With a relay to manage bypass rev match on startup

My ready mode process is
  1. Put it in neutral
  2. Foot on the brake
  3. Apply parking brake
  4. Get out
My takeover process is:
  1. Get in the car
  2. Press the star/on button
  3. Hit the brake
  4. Drive
Please note that the post you are quoting is nearly 3 years old. Hopefully they have made some advancements in that time. :)

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please note that the post you are quoting is nearly 3 years old. Hopefully they have made some advancements in that time. :)
They did I believe viper has a module that does that relay in it.
There’s a module and the remote start system. At the time fortin was the only one around that didn’t have a funky readymode and had takeover.
Also. It’s a civicx Forum they’re all 3 years old! Haha
Sponsored