Remote Start on the Manual?

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
No OEM honda remote start will work on a manual trans, and no, it's not illegal in any state to put a remote start on a manual trans. You just need to get one that is designed for manual trans. The clutch switch for starting the car is not variable and doesn't have anything to do with the clutch position as a percentage, that's a difference sensor. The switch to allow the car to start is a simple on/off switch. Any reputable car electronics install shop should have manual trans compatible remote starts and can install them. If they try to offer to let you use it in auto trans mode, don't do it. It's not worth it. No matter how many people say they are the only ones that drive their car or that they never leave it in gear, it will eventually get started in gear. I have had friends' mechanic remote start his car and it drove into another customer's car. It's just not worth it to skip the reservation mode and do it safely and properly.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a remote start in my 17 Sport Hatch MT. Have had it for 3 years now, no problem. I do have to do a sequence before I can use it.
Sequence:
Press brake.
Pull the E-Park.
Press remote start on my controller. (Dash will start blinking for a few seconds.)
Pull out the car key. (Car will stay running.)
Step out, shut the door, lock the car. (Car will then turn off. Remote Start is activated.)

I have to do this sequence before every use.
I had the same done to my 2013 Civic Si in the past. Having remote start in a manual is old news.