erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I had a compustar t9 installed today, and it requires the 2 step thing to use the remote start (put on parking break, press remote start, exit car). But when I remote start it as I open the door to enter it kills the engine and requires to be started again. Is there anyway to change that, is it possible to remove the 2 step safe guard?
Sponsored

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a compustar t9 installed today, and it requires the 2 step thing to use the remote start (put on parking break, press remote start, exit car). But when I remote start it as I open the door to enter it kills the engine and requires to be started again. Is there anyway to change that, is it possible to remove the 2 step safe guard?
Sorry I am not familiar with that system, I’d recommend asking your installer.

erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Sorry I am not familiar with that system, I’d recommend asking your installer.
Does the viper system you use turn off the engine when you enter the car after using the remote start?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the viper system you use turn off the engine when you enter the car after using the remote start?
I use a Fortin, but no that definitely defeats the purpose.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that I would pass this along. Fortin now has a t-harness for use with push button start on their website, thar-one-hon6. I can't find anywhere online to purchase it yet, but instructions show compatability with manual transmission. I love Fortin, I have them installed on 2 other vehicles we have.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Bad idea as leaving your car in gear is a backup for the e-brake failing. Never heard of anyone who didn't leave the car in gear on a manual when parking until today. Also it helps if someone is trying to steal your car by towing. Just think of it this way, Park is a gear on an auto trans and you wouldn't leave an auto trans in neutral when you got out right?
Back when I worked at six flags(many large parking lots) we used to mess with co-workers who left their cars out of gear with the parking brake. The rear end of a front wheel drive compact car is easy to pick up with a few people. Cars would get moved a few spaces often. Once in a while they would get moved to a different parking lot.

gametime

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Im trying to installer my viper remote start and alarm system with fortin in my honda civic 2017, its a manual. I dont find the tachometer wire. Can you tell me where is it and wich color is it ?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored