Remote Start (Nearly) Every Time?

Do you start your car while you're walking to it?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Yes, some of the time

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Sometimes, but usually not

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • No remote start equipped vehicle

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
Ahh thanks! Dunno why I couldn't understand the symbols lol. My old eyes perhaps. It was the first time. I got in and looked around. Saw no power on the radio etc but the car was running lol.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Does the little LED light up on the starter fob as you hold the start button? It is just above the lock button and I let go when it blinks, works every time. I have the Canadian version so it may be different. Just tried it again and it works.
Never actually noticed the little LED light before. Thanks :)

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
I love the range of the remote. I can start the car without even seeing any part of it. Pretty impressive. The only problem is I don't know whether the timing of hitting the buttons worked as I can't see the car.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX

icekepal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civicx
Observation: it's a bit tricky to find the timing between hit lock/start. It took me and the sale guy several times before we got the car starting remotely. I think I have the timing now!

Question: what range does the remote starter have?
Try this way, press the lock button once and then press(hold) start engine 5sec.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try this way, press the lock button once and then press(hold) start engine 5sec.
I press lock til I see the red light on the fob and then press the start button until the red light comes on again. If I'm close enough to see the car, I'll also confirm it worked if I see the amber turn signal lights blink several times. If the signal lights don't blink, then it didn't work.

And I think remote start works up to 60 yards away.

Here's a video by Honda:

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Potentially silly poll question I thought of today, but those of you with remote start equipped vehicles, do you ever start it on your way to the vehicle (not just to warm it on a cold day)?

I do sometimes but it may just be me having fun with the new feature (first time ever having a car that I can start with the push of a button [well, two]).
same here, I only did it for fun (also the first car I've ever had with push start). Since i'm so use to start the engine with the key, i still have the habit of pulling them out whenever i get in only to realize there is no place to put them lol.

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
The first time I did remote start was the first time I heard that dreadful grinding noise. No more again LOL!

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly i dont use my remote start half the time. I only use it if my car is super hot inside on a hot and humid day (black leather is brutal), or in the winter time.

I dont usually start my car before i get to it. I just start, connect my phone, start my music (approx 30 seconds) and im off.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think I've used that feature a grand total of 3 times since I've had the car and it was to show it to family and once to test it out for myself. I plan on using it in the winter time to warm up the car.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly i dont use my remote start half the time. I only use it if my car is super hot inside on a hot and humid day (black leather is brutal), or in the winter time.

I dont usually start my car before i get to it. I just start, connect my phone, start my music (approx 30 seconds) and im off.
This is my exact same start-up sequence.

I don't use it often because I'll usually drive with the windows open unless its ungodly hot, and it doesn't really cool off enough in the short period of time I'm walking towards the car. Its great for winter though, get it going 5 minutes before I have to leave, car's all nice n toasty, even when its in the single digits.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
I've gotten it to work just about every time by using consistent timing and firm button presses. I have not found the range very great though and you need basically a clear line of site. I don't know what technology it uses but it does not seem to tolerate obstacles well.

Thus, I have found its use somewhat limited unless you look out a window upon your car. Would be a lot more useful if it was wi-fi/satellite enabled or something and you could remote start it from your phone from anywhere.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've gotten it to work just about every time by using consistent timing and firm button presses. I have not found the range very great though and you need basically a clear line of site. I don't know what technology it uses but it does not seem to tolerate obstacles well.

Thus, I have found its use somewhat limited unless you look out a window upon your car. Would be a lot more useful if it was wi-fi/satellite enabled or something and you could remote start it from your phone from anywhere.
I agree with you. I've gone through the same issues. The remotes signal is being blocked off by the walls and insulation that limits the ranges of frequencies. Leaving us a little disappointed when we come out to our car that never started:(
Sponsored