Remote Engine Starter System II Transmitter

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
Honda Civic 10th gen Remote Engine Starter System II Transmitter ima
Is that possible to replace regular engine starter system transmitter with remote engine starter system II transmitter? I mean just to replace with better remote.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I imagine you would be missing the proximity functions (lock, unlock, etc.)

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I have installed it on my 2014 civic ex. I have to always carry two remotes. One for proximity operation and 2nd for remote starter even though the remote starter can also open/close the doors, however, the proximity sensor remote is still required to be carried along with the remote starter.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a similar curiosity about this as well. In the literature for the II system, it states you need to install the components on a car that presumably lacks the remote starter function entirely. This car however has that functionality already, all I'd really like if for an extended range and two-way communication. Could I just add this remote, or would I have to install the accompanying antennas and wiring harnesses as well?

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I'm curious about this too actually, I hate how if I don't have view of the car the fob doesn't let me know if the remote start was successful. It's pretty much just perform the sequence and hope for the best lol.

JTSawyer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Touring Sedan(Orchid Pearl White)
Country flag
So, I've bought the Remote Engine Starter System II Transmitter Key Fob and tried to get my local Honda Dealer to link it and they claimed that the computer wouldn't let them. The process kept failing, so I guess I'm SOL.

They mentioned that I'd have to remove the built in remote start, pay to add on the new harness, and even then it may not work, so they weren't willing to risk it and try anymore. Kinda sucks... I don't get why it couldn't bond with the built in remote starter, but "apparently" they're incompatible. I think the Dealership might just be incompetent, but it looks like I'm out my $65...
Sponsored