bumbobee

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
Hey people. I am looking at getting a remote engine starter for my 2019 Civic LX base with CVT. I saw on the Honda Canada website a remote engine starter is like $ 900?!?1???? Was wondering if there are any better options for me or is biting the bullet and getting a Honda one the way to go?
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey people. I am looking at getting a remote engine starter for my 2019 Civic LX base with CVT. I saw on the Honda Canada website a remote engine starter is like $ 900?!?1???? Was wondering if there are any better options for me or is biting the bullet and getting a Honda one the way to go?
Following this thread....been thinking this is my next mod.

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just got my 2020 civic ex.. they wanted to sell me the lx because they didn't have the white one that I wanted in stock.. the only reason I said no to the lx was because I'm in Canada and the winters get cold and I needed the remote starter. I had to pay more but that's ok.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There are plenty of aftermarket options at well below half that.

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a compustar remote start with a LCD key fob, with a second fob, and remote start from my phone. Can start my car from up to a mile away (I have yet to test that but no issues from any distance yet). It’s fantastic and with professional installation it cost me $400 and a lifetime warranty on both from the shop I had it done at here in Delaware

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
I got mine aftermarket and saved a lot going that route. Explore other options and take your time finding a reputable shop to do it. It was worth it for my LX!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So installation is not DIY? Dang - that's kind of a bummer. I hate having people touch my car.

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
I could have had a DIY done, there was plenty of resources but given how this involves a lot of wiring I would go the professional route IMO.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I dont know if the civics can do it but I know there was a key fob hack on the accord that gave the Lx remote start with the oem Honda smart key fob

The_Civic_Guy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX (Canadian)
Country flag
I got a aftermarket starter for $450 where I can start it via my phone with unlimited range as long as my car has cell service. It's called Drone mobile.