Remote engine start up 10 min timer

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Is anyone able to extend the initial 10 min timer??
The lights are suposed to blink 6 times but I get nothing...
Sponsored

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Is anyone able to extend the initial 10 min timer??
The lights are suposed to blink 6 times but I get nothing...
I do remember seeing that there is a way to double it but I'm about to leave and can't look it up for you right now. Hope it helps send you in the right direction though.

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
You have to use it twice. I typically do it walk away for a second to continue with what I'm doing (getting dressed or what have you) then come back and do it again and get 20 minutes out of it.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
You have to use it twice. I typically do it walk away for a second to continue with what I'm doing (getting dressed or what have you) then come back and do it again and get 20 minutes out of it.
Yes I know you have to do it twice
But you are suposed to get six light blinks once you extend it to 20 min
I get nothing
It wont extend

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Yes I know you have to do it twice
But you are suposed to get six light blinks once you extend it to 20 min
I get nothing
It wont extend
Probably just 6 lights total you get 3 lights each time.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get 6 flashes every time I remote start my car. Should be 3 flashes but I don't know... doesn't really bother me so I couldn't care enough to research upon on this issue.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get 6 flashes every time I remote start my car. Should be 3 flashes but I don't know... doesn't really bother me so I couldn't care enough to research upon on this issue.
Its pretty cold where I live so I would like to be able to extend the remote start to 20 min...thats it...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Its pretty cold where I live so I would like to be able to extend the remote start to 20 min...thats it...
Its not gonna get any warmer.. The car is turbocharged/intercooled.. It wants to stay as cold as possible without load.. As stated above.. Ur doing it more harm than anything.. And after 10 min it should warm up as you start driving pretty quickly.. There is alot of threads on this same exact question... If i go out with my car today for example. It is about 20f outside.. The car will get to the middle on the temp gauge as im getting to the first light.. If the light is red and i just missed it.. I will be sitting there about 100 seconds.. By the time it turns green again my car temp will drop from half to about a quarter in that time.. As the only thing heated up is the coolant and not the oil at that point.. Sitting in the driveway ur oil is staying cold and very thick.. Therefore not lubricating properly

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its not gonna get any warmer.. The car is turbocharged/intercooled.. It wants to stay as cold as possible without load.. As stated above.. Ur doing it more harm than anything.. And after 10 min it should warm up as you start driving pretty quickly.. There is alot of threads on this same exact question... If i go out with my car today for example. It is about 20f outside.. The car will get to the middle on the temp gauge as im getting to the first light.. If the light is red and i just missed it.. I will be sitting there about 100 seconds.. By the time it turns green again my car temp will drop from half to about a quarter in that time.. As the only thing heated up is the coolant and not the oil at that point.. Sitting in the driveway ur oil is staying cold and very thick.. Therefore not lubricating properly
Got it. Thanks.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On most days, at this time of year, its like 5f here, without the wind chill...

How long should I warm it up then ?

I guess 2-5 minutes max...

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On most days, at this time of year, its like 5f here, without the wind chill...

How long should I warm it up then ?

I guess 2-5 minutes max...
I would recommend no more than 5 minutes. I usually remote start before putting on my shoes to get out the house. Then I get in the car and wait for all the chimes to go off and start driving off. Keep it under 2000 RPMs until the engine temperature level is warm.