Reminder: Si/CTR Wheel Locks

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey All -

Since the CTR, Si, and Hatch Sport all have more coveted wheels, I thought I would send a quick reminder about wheel locks.
  • McGard and Gorilla primarily offer a cone-seated wheel lock nut. (aka tapered)
  • Honda uses a ball-seated lug nut. (aka shank)
Cone style on the left, ball style on the right.

Honda Civic 10th gen Reminder: Si/CTR Wheel Locks taper3_500x375

If wanting to add wheel locks, make sure to get ball-seated ones to ensure the locking nut is properly seated against the OEM wheel. Failure to do so can strip the lug and/or cause vibration in the wheels.

I believe McGard supplies the Honda branded wheel locks. Here are the part IDs:
  • Si/Hatch Sport Black: 08W42-S2A-100
  • Si/Hatch Sport Chrome/polished: 08W42-SCV-101
  • CTR chrome/polished: 08W42-TK4-100 (please confirm with seller first)

Finally here's a simple (albeit boring) video on the difference.

Further discussion can be found in this thread among others. Feel free to add/correct anything I may have missed. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Amazon has 08W42-SCV-101 for $40 and change, Prime eligible. Mine just showed up today. The ad shows the old clamshell package, but you'll get the set with the storage bag.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had the Honda wheel locks on my '15. Before trading it in, I put the regular lug nuts back on, and now have the wheel locks on my '17 coupe. I wasn't about to pay for them again...and i'm sure the dealer would have stripped them off and not sold them with the car anyway. I also kept the all season mats & trunk liner. I'll most likely sell them on CL to help fund the ones I need for the '17.
Sponsored