TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New press release:

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...pe-r-makes-us-debut-at-2020-chicago-auto-show

Refreshed 2020 Honda Civic Type R Makes U.S. Debut at 2020 Chicago Auto Show

February 6, 2020 — CHICAGO
  • U.S. model makes official U.S. debut in new Boost Blue
  • 2020 model-year updates include revised suspension and upgraded brakes
  • Refreshed exterior and interior styling, plus standard Honda Sensing®
Fresh from its world debut at the Tokyo Auto Salon last month, the 2020 Honda Civic Type R made its U.S. debut at the Chicago Auto Show today, appearing for the first time in public in its new Boost Blue exterior color scheme. The 2020 Civic Type R brings a number of changes and improvements to Type R’s winning formula, with revised styling, improved handling and braking, better engine cooling and the addition of standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technologies.

Headlining the changes to the 2020 Civic Type R are numerous improvements to its world-beating driving dynamics. New two-piece brake rotors and brake pads are designed to reduce fade and improve high-speed braking efficiency, while suspension revisions for 2020 include updated dampers for improved ride comfort, stiffer rear bushings for better grip, and revisions to the front suspension and steering for even better steering feel. Additionally, the grille has been redesigned to allow better engine cooling under high demand.

Inside, the 2020 Civic Type R will feature additional refinement that includes a new Alcantara™-wrapped steering wheel, and a new shifter with a restyled knob and shorter shift throws. Every 2020 Civic Type R will be equipped with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, making the Honda Sensing® suite standard equipment on all Civic models and trims when the 2020 Type R it goes on sale.

Under the hood, the 2020 Civic Type R draws power from a race-bred 2.0-liter direct-injected and turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with VTEC™ valvetrain putting out a peak 306 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (both SAE net), with power to the front wheels delivered through a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission and limited-slip differential. As before, drivers can choose between three driving modes – Comfort, Sport and +R – that vary suspension firmness, steering and throttle response. New for 2020 is Active Sound Control, which modifies interior sound in concert with the chosen drive mode. The Type R’s selectable drive modes and sophisticated design make it both a thrilling companion on a mountain road or a racetrack and a remarkably civilized daily driver with a degree of flexibility unmatched in its competitive set, especially at the price.

Additional information about the 2020 Civic Type R, including pricing and all specifications, will be available when it goes on sale later this winter.

Honda Civic 10th gen Release: Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R Makes US Debut at Chicago Auto Show E08F911E-2DCE-4099-A708-603A188860D6
Honda Civic 10th gen Release: Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R Makes US Debut at Chicago Auto Show FE934CB0-B0EE-46CA-B5F1-3BE4886A6245
Honda Civic 10th gen Release: Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R Makes US Debut at Chicago Auto Show C7E9AC16-D18D-4B46-8B78-4C613255E5D0

Honda Civic 10th gen Release: Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R Makes US Debut at Chicago Auto Show preview-928x522

Honda Civic 10th gen Release: Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R Makes US Debut at Chicago Auto Show preview-928x522

Last edited by a moderator:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That blue is crazy! The pictures don't do it justice.

Slightly related: I'm really tired of hearing people aged 40+ jerk themselves off by saying they're "too old" for a car's styling. (See: video in second post) It's fine if you just flat out don't like it, but if you try to justify it by saying you're too old I'm almost certain there's a different problem in your life that's stopping you.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Slightly related: I'm really tired of hearing people aged 40+ jerk themselves off by saying they're "too old" for a car's styling. (See: video in second post) It's fine if you just flat out don't like it, but if you try to justify it by saying you're too old I'm almost certain there's a different problem in your life that's stopping you.
Amen I'm 40+ and love my 17 CW Type R. Couldn't get a Integra Type R in the 90's but dam Right I got a FK8 now.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'll be there Saturday if all goes to plan, hopefully I'll actually have my CTR back by then (body shop :( ). The blue looks a bit bolder in the video then it does in the photos. I was expecting something closer to an electric blue (Focus RS), this one looks a like the saturation is a little stronger, I'll see it in person on Saturday though. I wonder if the 2020 will still have Aegean blue available as that was, and probably still is, my favorite color for the CTR :p

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be there Saturday if all goes to plan, hopefully I'll actually have my CTR back by then (body shop :( ). The blue looks a bit bolder in the video then it does in the photos. I was expecting something closer to an electric blue (Focus RS), this one looks a like the saturation is a little stronger, I'll see it in person on Saturday though. I wonder if the 2020 will still have Aegean blue available as that was, and probably still is, my favorite color for the CTR :p
What you do to your car man? I must have missed something.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
What you do to your car man? I must have missed something.
I don't remember if I posted much about it on here, I may have made a post on the "What did you do" thread, but this happened a 2 weeks ago; nothing too major to be honest. But someone came into my lane, drove me off the road into the shoulder. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, I just either pass them or slow down to get behind them depending on where I am in relation to them and their traveling speed (whichever seems safer to do). No such luck in this situation, there was a semi truck parked on the shoulder of the road, maybe about 100 ft ahead of me. Probably won't stop in time, and if I hit the truck, I'm at fault. I'm at his passenger door by the time I'm in the shoulder. I'm honking my horn trying to get his attention so he moves back over, he's slowing down but not moving over (which doesn't help the situation). So it's either him or the truck, I choose him (safer and I'm not at fault). Driver side rear fender flare and bumper make contact. Van decides not to pull over, I chase him down to get his plate number and the company that owns said van (it was a company work van) before pulling over and waiting for the cops to arrive.

For a 50-ish MPH collision damage was very minor and is mainly only cosmetic. Fender flare will be replaced (130-200 dollar part, painted from factory) and the rear bumper needs to be repaired (there is a dent) and repainted. I dropped the car off Wednesday morning, they said to expect it back tomorrow.

Edit: I've had no luck with this car since I got it. Besides the obvious (rock chips) I got backed into 2 weeks after getting the car, a rock chip that cracked the windshield and chipped my A-pillar and roof, now this.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't remember if I posted much about it on here, I may have made a post on the "What did you do" thread, but this happened a 2 weeks ago; nothing too major to be honest. But someone came into my lane, drove me off the road into the shoulder. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, I just either pass them or slow down to get behind them depending on where I am in relation to them and their traveling speed (whichever seems safer to do). No such luck in this situation, there was a semi truck parked on the shoulder of the road, maybe about 100 ft ahead of me. Probably won't stop in time, and if I hit the truck, I'm at fault. I'm at his passenger door by the time I'm in the shoulder. I'm honking my horn trying to get his attention so he moves back over, he's slowing down but not moving over (which doesn't help the situation). So it's either him or the truck, I choose him (safer and I'm not at fault). Driver side rear fender flare and bumper make contact. Van decides not to pull over, I chase him down to get his plate number and the company that owns said van (it was a company work van) before pulling over and waiting for the cops to arrive.

For a 50-ish MPH collision damage was very minor and is mainly only cosmetic. Fender flare will be replaced (130-200 dollar part, painted from factory) and the rear bumper needs to be repaired (there is a dent) and repainted. I dropped the car off Wednesday morning, they said to expect it back tomorrow.

Edit: I've had no luck with this car since I got it. Besides the obvious (rock chips) I got backed into 2 weeks after getting the car, a rock chip that cracked the windshield and chipped my A-pillar and roof, now this.
God damn bro! I'm sorry to hear that but the most important thing is that everyone around is ok. I'm sure you did your research but I hope it comes out perfect and can't even tell you car got banged up.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
God damn bro! I'm sorry to hear that but the most important thing is that everyone around is ok. I'm sure you did your research but I hope it comes out perfect and can't even tell you car got banged up.
Yeah, it could have ended a lot worse, so I am happy no one got hurt. I think my insurance company is going through whoever owns the van to get their money back (and hopefully my deductible, but even if not, it's not huge big deal; I was told my premiums won't be affected).

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
That blue is nice but can’t help to notice a few other car companies have something similar. Can’t really tell unless the cars are next to each other. Would love to see one in person.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

Glad you are ok!

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

The car is silly looking. Being very stereotypical, many older guys don’t like the silly looking, F&F look.

But I bought one because it drives great, and the styling has ‘grown’ on me. But, I had a first gen Ducati Multistrada for a long time. Seen the styling of that bike...?
Sponsored