Relatively Quiet 3 inch Exhaust Recommendations?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I've been running a Remus exhaust and front pipe for just over a year now. It was decent when I was on the stock downpipe, but since I moved to a aftermarket high-flow catted downpipe, it's become unbearably loud and raspy. Since I find myself running around with the valve completely close most of the time anyway, I've started looking into replacing it.

Unfortunately, the more I read up some of the more quiet exhaust options, the more I realize that none of them seem to have true 3 inch designs. I'm fully custom tuned, so I wouldn't be comfortable scaling back to a smaller diameter exhaust like Fujitsubo. Are there any quiet, fully 3 inch exhausts out there that anyone would recommend? Something that adds a bit of deep growl in the cabin, without adding too much volume or rasp.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I can’t help you with finding an exhaust, but I can tell you that unless you’re running a big turbo, going back down to 2.5 won’t make a single bit of difference. These ECUs aren’t like others, you can put practically any part on it and it’ll run the same. The downpipe makes the mass majority of difference in exhaust back pressure and you’re already tuned for your race cat. I’d probably try to stay at 3 too though.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sequence Manufacturing Titanium valved exhaust would be a good choice if within budget. I think it’s in the $2400 range or so.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Sequence Manufacturing Titanium valved exhaust would be a good choice if within budget. I think it’s in the $2400 range or so.
Would that be significantly different in sound than the Remus? They appear to have similar designs.

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a customized setup on mine which is a cut-out valve. Fully controllable when you want to hear it stock quiet or the natural K20C1 sound. It's setup right after the downpipe. You can check my YT video on the sound differences.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
I can’t help you with finding an exhaust, but I can tell you that unless you’re running a big turbo, going back down to 2.5 won’t make a single bit of difference. These ECUs aren’t like others, you can put practically any part on it and it’ll run the same. The downpipe makes the mass majority of difference in exhaust back pressure and you’re already tuned for your race cat. I’d probably try to stay at 3 too though.
would mhi2 be considered "big turbo"

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I have a customized setup on mine which is a cut-out valve. Fully controllable when you want to hear it stock quiet or the natural K20C1 sound. It's setup right after the downpipe. You can check my YT video on the sound differences.
I think I may go this route -sometime and sell my legamax - I wish the tips were symetrical though... Or the center was bigger than the outside/staggered.
Sponsored