Regret buying an Si instead of a Type R?

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Had an '87 CRX Si, and then went to a '96 Prelude Si. Still sometimes regret getting rid of that car; it was a looker for sure.
The other day, I was reminiscing about the time I was looking at a yellow 1991 CRX Si . . . . wasn't it like 2,200 pounds and only 108 hp? That was a fun car to drive, even though it made no sense from a practical point of view. I ended up buying a 1991 Sentra SE-R, which to this day is one of my favorite cars despite being so fugly. God, I feel so old talking about cars from 25 years ago . . . .
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
The other day, I was reminiscing about the time I was looking at a yellow 1991 CRX Si . . . . wasn't it like 2,200 pounds and only 108 hp? That was a fun car to drive, even though it made no sense from a practical point of view. I ended up buying a 1991 Sentra SE-R, which to this day is one of my favorite cars despite being so fugly. God, I feel so old talking about cars from 25 years ago . . . .
I had an SE-R as well. That motor was so smooth....Really fun car.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
The '87 CRX Si had a whopping 91 HP and only weighed ~1,978 lbs (according to Wikipedia), hence the reason why it went like stink. I put 100k miles on that car in about 6 years and drove the hell out of it... it never, ever let me down. What a great car. Fun to drive, and even used to carry a friend around in the hatchback area, lol. Traded it for about $800 in 1996 for my Prelude, if my memory is correct...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Nah. As far as I can tell the SI hits all the sweet spots for me - four doors for family, honda reliability, fun with great handling, decent sound system, not too expensive, not too garish.

If anything, 4. Sunroof may be a problem with the SI - cuz I'm 6'4 and won't know how the head room is until I get in and drive it. Here's hoping my clear and obvious genetic superiority ( ;) ) isn't my downfall, yet again.
I'm 5'11 and with the drivers seat all the way down, I do not feel the roof touching my hair (short hair)
As a Passenger, with it's not adjustable height seat, the seat must be a little higher than the driver's seat at lowest setting, as I do feel the roof touch my hair at times.
Reclining the seat helps a little, but the seat is more comfortable (for me) in a more upright position.
Bucket seat is firm, maybe it will soften up with age. I find it does not pinch too much, provide you have empty pockets. For those with a "bigger lower frame padding" , that might be an issue.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Well I am 6'1 and I had to crank my seat all the way down in the coupe and I had maybe half an inch or so with the shade closed. It seemed like the shade took away an inch or 2 while closed. I havent sat in a sedan yet so I am not sure if there is any difference in that regard.
i think you must be sitting on a booster chair, im 6'2 and have zero issues with the sunroof in my sedan.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
that sentra is not ugly. it reminds me of an e30 bwm. some of the prettiest cars of all time.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Yea same, im 6'4 and have plenty of headroom...
im 6'4 in the coupe and I have to sit right for my head not to hit the roof. Sometimes when I go over bumps I hit the roof. Its not uncomfortable at all though.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
im 6'4 in the coupe and I have to sit right for my head not to hit the roof. Sometimes when I go over bumps I hit the roof. Its not uncomfortable at all though.
Oh I have the sedan, coupe has less headspace which is why I didn't get it

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I personally love my Si sedan, Ive only had it for a week though. I do feel it has some unlocked potential that can be waking up also.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Oh I have the sedan, coupe has less headspace which is why I didn't get it
A 1inch difference wasn't enough for me to get four doors. But I hate four doors with a passion. 2dr manual or nothing at this point in my life.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I do t regret it at all, the CTR is hideous. Also, I don't want a station wagon.