Regarding LEDs from TypeRLEDs.

pham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Hey all, hope this is the correct section. I believe this to be important information and want to save others some money.

Let's get right into it.

I have found that forum sponsor @TypeRLEDs is just selling Chinese LEDs at double / triple the prices they sell for on Aliexpress. Let's see some examples:

Their Ultra Bright LED Turn Signals go for $45 a pair
Honda Civic 10th gen Regarding LEDs from TypeRLEDs. Attach326_20180420_004542

while the same exact ones I found on Aliexpress

Honda Civic 10th gen Regarding LEDs from TypeRLEDs. JSTOP-JAC-car-Turn-Signal-12V-yellow-led-turn-bulbs-W21W-T20-7440-Canbus-No-Hyper

are just $12.01.

Their side marker LEDS? $10, while it's $2.72 on the same site above. Their $45 Ultra Bright Brake LEDs? Found them for $20, etc. Basically, all of their expensive LEDs can be found on Aliexpress for a fraction of their prices.

I'm mad at myself for dropping $45 for a pair of turn signals from them and I wished I would've looked this up before. I only looked into it now because I saw that another forum member installed an LED roof spoiler that looked suspiciously the same as the one TypeRLEDs is planning on selling.

Save your money. Hope this helps.

SlyDraco

SlyDraco
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i personally use luyed for all my interior exterior bulbs others than headlights and fog lamps i highly recommend them quality is super nice

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, hope this is the correct section. I believe this to be important information and want to save others some money.

Let's get right into it.

I have found that forum sponsor @TypeRLEDs is just selling Chinese LEDs at double / triple the prices they sell for on Aliexpress. Let's see some examples:

Their Ultra Bright LED Turn Signals go for $45 a pair
Attach326_20180420_004542.jpg

while the same exact ones I found on Aliexpress

JSTOP-JAC-car-Turn-Signal-12V-yellow-led-turn-bulbs-W21W-T20-7440-Canbus-No-Hyper.jpg

are just $12.01.

Their side marker LEDS? $10, while it's $2.72 on the same site above. Their $45 Ultra Bright Brake LEDs? Found them for $20, etc. Basically, all of their expensive LEDs can be found on Aliexpress for a fraction of their prices.

I'm mad at myself for dropping $45 for a pair of turn signals from them and I wished I would've looked this up before. I only looked into it now because I saw that another forum member installed an LED roof spoiler that looked suspiciously the same as the one TypeRLEDs is planning on selling.

Save your money. Hope this helps.
ok so let me get this straight - you have an issue with capitalism and something you don't understand: testing, warranty, logistics, and customer support.

AND do you know what MOQ is? minimum order qty....means you better be ready to buy 50+ of each bulb and find 49 of your buddies to pay you for the ones you don't use. btw you need to test them to make sure they're ALL good...provide a warranty if they don't and answer support calls and emails and pm's etc.

now before you get to that point, wait for a month for that slow boat from china to deliver to you.

i've seen a couple of these posts before and always seem to be gunning for this typerled guy who's been nothing but highly supportive of the community, does business the right way, and always takes care of the customers.

are you going to call some chinese seller and speak chinese when your slow boat from china bulbs failed on you (1 of 50 that you bought as MOQ) and wait for them to get back to you?

what is wrong with guys like you??? learn value...not bottom feeding price shopping.

ps - i've met him in person and spent hours with him. he's a good and decent human being, bottomline.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
So because they look alike, your assuming they are from the same place ? I’ve seen copy cats of all types of things in this world but that doesn’t mean anything other then they look the same.

Before you put someone through the ringer , make sure you have solid proof other then “ hey I’m gonna accuse them of looking alike.!

And you can definitely get them cheaper but blow one and try to claim a warranty or get someone to listen to ur complaint , I like to see that through Ali express

Last edited:
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Sure you can get the same bulbs for cheaper but be prepared to be on your own when it comes to customer service or any kind of follow up. With typerleds if you need help you can shoot an email over and you will get step by step help on any issues installing. If your bulbs burn out prematurely you’ll get quick turnaround on replacement, and not only that he works to make it right. You will not find any of that with Aliexpress. Good luck getting any kind of correspondence. And the research and testing has been done for you so you know these specific bulbs are good to go. I know I’m paying more but I also know I’m getting more.

OP
OP
pham

pham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
ok so let me get this straight - you have an issue with capitalism and something you don't understand: testing, warranty, logistics, and customer support.

AND do you know what MOQ is? minimum order qty....means you better be ready to buy 50+ of each bulb and find 49 of your buddies to pay you for the ones you don't use. btw you need to test them to make sure they're ALL good...provide a warranty if they don't and answer support calls and emails and pm's etc.

now before you get to that point, wait for a month for that slow boat from china to deliver to you.

i've seen a couple of these posts before and always seem to be gunning for this typerled guy who's been nothing but highly supportive of the community, does business the right way, and always takes care of the customers.

are you going to call some chinese seller and speak chinese when your slow boat from china bulbs failed on you (1 of 50 that you bought as MOQ) and wait for them to get back to you?

what is wrong with guys like you??? learn value...not bottom feeding price shopping.

ps - i've met him in person and spent hours with him. he's a good and decent human being, bottomline.
1- No, I don't have an issue with capitalism, I'm just trying to save people money. Warranty and customer support? If one of my bulbs I bought from him fails, I'm sure he's just going to order another cheap batch of them from China anyways and give me replacements :). I get what you're trying to say though, the higher price includes the easy access to support and warranty and customer service that he provides. That still doesn't change the fact that the bulbs are WAY cheaper and people can save a lot of money buying them.

2- I can wait a month for that Chinese shipping if it means I save $30 on the bulbs, that's not a problem for me and I'm sure that isn't a problem for most people.

3- Again, I'm not gunning for him, just pointing out to other forum users that they can get the same exact bulbs for cheaper. I can see he's highly supportive of the community, that's why I bought my turn signal and reverse bulbs from him. My issue is with the fact that they're just cheap Chinese bulbs. I would've bought them from Aliexpress had I known that they were much cheaper.

4- I have bought stuff from China before (interior lights on Amazon), and the sellers depend heavily on customer reviews, and they have been quick to help me (refunded me for defective bulbs after I emailed them, took 2 days), in my experience. I haven't had a bad experience with one Chinese seller, honestly.

5- What's wrong with me? I guess I'm a terrible person for trying to save people some money on some LED bulbs. Learn value? That's what my post is about. Value, saving $30 for some LED bulbs. I think there's a great amount of value in buying the same bulbs for $30 cheaper.

ps - I haven't met him in person but I'm sure he's a splendid guy, never said he was a terrible human being. Just pointing out that there's quite a bit of money to be saved in exchange for some slow shipping.

So because they look alike, your assuming they are from the same place ? I’ve seen copy cats of all types of things in this world but that doesn’t mean anything other then they look the same.

Before you put someone through the ringer , make sure you have solid proof other then “ hey I’m gonna accuse them of looking alike.!

And you can definitely get them cheaper but blow one and try to claim a warranty or get someone to listen to ur complaint , I like to see that through Ali express
They don't just "look alike", they're identical. Anyone with working eyes can see that.

Again, the proof is in the pictures above, the bulbs are IDENTICAL, they don't just "look alike".

I don't think you know how easy it is to get email support from these Chinese sellers, they're quick to replace/refund if it means their reviews are good.

Sure you can get the same bulbs for cheaper but be prepared to be on your own when it comes to customer service or any kind of follow up. With typerleds if you need help you can shoot an email over and you will get step by step help on any issues installing. If your bulbs burn out prematurely you’ll get quick turnaround on replacement, and not only that he works to make it right. You will not find any of that with Aliexpress. Good luck getting any kind of correspondence. And the research and testing has been done for you so you know these specific bulbs are good to go. I know I’m paying more but I also know I’m getting more.
If I buy some of those and get some issues, I'll be sure to show you how easy it is to contact the sellers and get customer service. I mean if you need assistance replacing some bulbs, I'm 100% for him helping you. That's not what my post was about though, it was about saving money by buying the SAME EXACT bulbs through an alternative source. I don't know why, but I get the feeling that you guys decided to come post here because of some Facebook group post asking for you guys to defend his honor. It's great to see you guys defend him and all, but I am just trying to show other forum users how to save some money on LEDs for their cars.

:thumbsup:

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello.

Thanks for the tag.

As you speculate that the bulbs are the same "Chinese" from AliExpress, you are mistaken.

We are working closely with a factory in China to produce these. There are many copy cats in the industry. We are working with a high quality factory to assure our customers high quality products.

We continue to provide and research LEDs for the 10th Gen Civics. The market margins vary per business. Your post is gunning us as you compare our LEDs and prices to some you found on aliexpress and making comments about us.

You could have merely posted a link and didn't have tides with us .

We will continue to provide and operate as we do. Providing to our customers and community to the best of our ability.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hello.

Thanks for the tag.

As you speculate that the bulbs are the same "Chinese" from AliExpress, you are mistaken.

We are working closely with a factory in China to produce these. There are many copy cats in the industry. We are working with a high quality factory to assure our customers high quality products.

We continue to provide and research LEDs for the 10th Gen Civics. The market margins vary per business. Your post is gunning us as you compare our LEDs and prices to some you found on aliexpress and making comments about us.

You could have merely posted a link and didn't have tides with us .

We will continue to provide and operate as we do. Providing to our customers and community to the best of our ability.
you're the best bud, keep it up :headbang:

Blackalpaca1

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
If all youre basing this on is that they look the same then if i took some cardboard and painted it and took some nice pictures so that it looked the same would it be? Let us know theyre the same after you buy both and show us pictures and videos of the light, their brightness, etc. Dont get me wrong im all for saving money but your evidence isnt very conclusive.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
nice response, typerleds.

this thread makes me want to buy from typeRLEDs now.

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every LED inside my car and damn near every one of my exterior one's are from @TypeRLEDs . No Regerts! Now I need to order the brake lights

Polekitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan / 2018 CR-V EX
Country flag
New to the forum and certainly don't mean to offend anyone, but why aren't people buying LED bulbs from the local auto parts stores? They all sell the LED #7440 style bulbs for less then $25. Am I missing something?

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
New to the forum and certainly don't mean to offend anyone, but why aren't people buying LED bulbs from the local auto parts stores? They all sell the LED #7440 style bulbs for less then $25. Am I missing something?
How bright are the ones from the auto parts stores? Do they cause hyper-flashing when used as turn signals?

Polekitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan / 2018 CR-V EX
Country flag
It states 6000K. The bulb diameter is 13/16. Two to a pack. Red or amber. They also offer a resistor which I would presume would be needed for using as turn signals. Not sure if you have the same auto parts store in Canada as we do in north Texas but would be easy to look up. Again, I'm new to this so not sure about what will work and what won't.

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's wrong with the stock OEM bulbs? Am I missing something here? Do the OEM bulbs not last very long? If so, I will consider investing in LED bulbs. I wouldn't mind a brighter reverse light.
Sponsored