First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Nice! Thanks for the info.

Does that setup require fender cut/roll?

Read that those AR-1s might be better than R888R (track-wise), but probably too extreme for me haha.
Have you ran CR-1s by chance? I have been considering them for 200tw.
I didn't modify my front fender. My rears yes, but I'm running only a 255 so it's not really an issue. AR-1s will be loud if you daily your car lol. I haven't tried the CR1 cause they don't make a 295/30 yet.
Sponsored

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
From experience, running a 200tw summer tire on the street is not necessary. Under normal driving the tires do not come up to temp to take advantage of the traction available. When they are cold they are dangerous if you drive hard and they don't last compared to a regular summer tire. I have spun my car on a warm up lap going out on track with cold 200tw tires. I would go with a more summer oriented tire from any major manufacturer you are comfortable with. I'm running the Yokohama Advan Apex in 265/35r18 on my type R and I really like them. I also have Hankook Ventus RS4 in 225/45r15 on my 99 Integra that is my track car. The hankooks are 200tw and are sketchy when cold...

OP
OP
cbpFK8ctr

cbpFK8ctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
From experience, running a 200tw summer tire on the street is not necessary. Under normal driving the tires do not come up to temp to take advantage of the traction available. When they are cold they are dangerous if you drive hard and they don't last compared to a regular summer tire. I have spun my car on a warm up lap going out on track with cold 200tw tires. I would go with a more summer oriented tire from any major manufacturer you are comfortable with. I'm running the Yokohama Advan Apex in 265/35r18 on my type R and I really like them. I also have Hankook Ventus RS4 in 225/45r15 on my 99 Integra that is my track car. The hankooks are 200tw and are sketchy when cold...
Thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

I mostly drive spiritedly on backroads/canyons (at least since beginning of pandemic lol), with the occasional errand running. This car has never been a daily for me.

From what I've read I think some 200tws warm up faster / have lower "optimal" minimum operating tire temp than others. I do live somewhere that does not have an avg monthly low below 40 degrees F during Fall/Winter.

I only drive about 3K-4K mi a year, so wear isn't a major concern to me.

I plan on tracking the car eventually, but thinking will be a casual thing, just for fun.

Maybe I am overthinking it, still deciding if a 200tw is worth it (to me) vs a "Max Performance Summer" haha. :hmm:

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
What lug nuts are people running with the Desmond Regamasters?

OP
OP
cbpFK8ctr

cbpFK8ctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What lug nuts are people running with the Desmond Regamasters?
I went with the Project Kics R40 Iconix (14x1.5) in black.
Also have the Project Kics 72.5 to 64.1 Hub Centric Rings.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
You needed hubcentric rings for the Regamasters?

I just did some online research and the hub size for the Type R is 64.1 mm and the Desmond Regamasters come in 72.6 mm. That is super annoying. I thought that these rims were specifically made for the Type R. Wouldn't they just machine a smaller hole so you wouldn't need to run the Hubcentric ring?

I'll follow up with Matt at ICB tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbpFK8ctr

cbpFK8ctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am pretty sure, since I saw the center bore was 72.6 for the Regas.

Saw this on ICB's page for the hub centric rings:
Honda Civic 10th gen Regamaster 18x10 +50 Fitment Capture.PNG

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
That's super annoying. I was under the impression that these rims were specifically made for FK8 fitment. Why not adjust manufacturing for the specific hub size? I am not a fan of Hubcentric Rings. They either get stuck on spindles and/or get lost during a tire change. I am assuming this is done to be able to get the rim to support more platforms. You can always size down but tough to size up.

OP
OP
cbpFK8ctr

cbpFK8ctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ah I see, good point... I will add that the rings are made of metal and not plastic.

Honestly I have no frame of reference regarding aftermarket wheel setups as this is my first car that has been "worthy" of aftermarket mods lol.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
That's super annoying. I was under the impression that these rims were specifically made for FK8 fitment. Why not adjust manufacturing for the specific hub size? I am not a fan of Hubcentric Rings. They either get stuck on spindles and/or get lost during a tire change. I am assuming this is done to be able to get the rim to support more platforms. You can always size down but tough to size up.
When wheel companies say they are for the FK8 they are just meaning size and offset, most don't adjust for hubs at all.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
That’s my point... why not adjust for the hubs? I’m going to ask HRE if they do the same.

imsaladman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Does ICB give any sort of indication when they receive the wheels from Japan? I put in a pre-order in September and was quoted a "wheels arrival date" of March 31. I called ICB and they said they would get back to me, but still haven't.

Just wondering when I can expect to receive the wheels or if my order got forgotten.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Does ICB give any sort of indication when they receive the wheels from Japan? I put in a pre-order in September and was quoted a "wheels arrival date" of March 31. I called ICB and they said they would get back to me, but still haven't.

Just wondering when I can expect to receive the wheels or if my order got forgotten.
That's a long time. Matt said he'd be getting a container with my rims within them (Desmond Regamasters 18x10 ET50 - Satin Black) at the end of April. Then when I spoke to him approximately 1 week ago, he said the container was delayed and would be 1.5 months out from the beginning of April so approximately mid-May.

I understand the position he's in with promising people a delivery date and waiting for a container but I do think September to May is a long time to wait for wheels. I'd follow up and have everything in an e-mail.

Omair

Simply_Clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag

Don't feel bad. That's how long I waited as well. I just called them today to get an update but no luck. Waiting for them to call back.
Sponsored