grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn it.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/updated-2020-honda-civic-si-priced-msrp-starting-price

Highlights (or, in my case, low points):
  • 6-percent shorter final-drive ratio for more responsive acceleration
  • Si now comes standard with Honda Sensing, which bundles together lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation braking with forward collision warning, road departure mitigation with lane departure warning, and automatic high beams
  • Si coupe and sedan get new multi-element LED lamps with a wider and longer light beam, as well as new LED foglights
  • On the sedan, Honda updated the rear bumper with gloss black trim and body-color crossbars to match the front end.
  • Every Civic Si now sits on new matte black 18-inch wheels.
  • New sport seats with red accents
  • New red trim for the instrument panel

My opinion based on my own 2017 Si:
  • I really like the red added to the seats, and the red trim around the dash
  • Sorta jealous about the LED's
    • However, I am VERY content with my Morimoto Elite HID lows and LED fogs
  • A little jealous about the black wheels from factory
    • However, I like the style of my stock wheels and I've already plastidipped them black, so kind of a wash there
  • Not sure how I feel about the "refreshed" grilles
  • Still jealous about the climate control options without having to dick around with the touchscreen
    • However, I did swap out my dual zone climate control for fan speed, so at least I have that going for me
  • Still Extremely jealous of the audio functions on the 2019+
Overall, I think that if I were getting the itch for a new car I would probably trade my 2017 Si for a 2020 Si, but at this point I'm just going to keep piling the mileage on her (already at 41k), until either a.) I time/mileage out of my extended warranty, finally do a tune, and start enjoying it all over again with 20-30 extra hp; or b.) my wife caves in and lets me trade it in for a new Wrangler (ironic, as I traded a Wrangler to get the Si). I have a pretty good feeling that I'll have 200-300k on it well before option b happens ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
My opinion based on my own 2019 Si:
  • Don’t like the red trim. The red stitching and SI logo on my seats are perfect, the extra red is too much. I also feel that the red on the new seats could clash with other exterior colors.
  • Sorta jealous about the LED'a. (SAME)
  • Love that Honda gave the SI a new set of rims that are only for the SI. Hate that I share a set with the Civic Sport.
  • Not a fan of the new bumper inserts.
  • Love my climate control. :love:
  • Love my volume knob! :headbang:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
im really fucking pissed... why didnt we at least get the LEDs on our 2019s?
I'm pretty pissed too. I've had my 2019 for about 2 weeks with only like 600 miles on it. The salesman told me there were no differences coming for the 2020. Except for optional accessories. I'm thinking he was just BSing to get the car off the lot. I already reached out to him on trading this thing in.

I could care less about those ugly ass bumper inserts and the red seats. But the LEDs, sensing, rims and final drive are a big deal imo. Worst case I might just cop the black rims.. I like the fact they only come on the Si and give it more of a sporty look. Even though the 17-19 are very nice too.

Last edited:

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I'm pretty pissed too. I've had my 2019 for about 2 weeks with only like 600 miles on it. The salesman told me there were no differences coming for the 2020. Except for optional accessories. I'm thinking he was just BSing to get the car off the lot. I already reached out to him on trading this thing in.

I could care less about those ugly ass bumper inserts and the red seats. But the LEDs, sensing, rims and final drive are a big deal imo. Worst case I might just cop the black rims.. I like the fact they only come on the Si and give it more of a sporty look. Even though the 17-19 are very nice too.
of course the salesman was lying to you, he was trying to sell u a car lmao.. and theres also the possibility he didnt know because most idiot car salespeople dont know shit.

i dont like those stupid inserts in the vents, but i do like the red on the seats.

they should have made all these changes in the 2019s (minus the vent inserts).

jbuttke1179

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
meh....don't care for most of the changes.

Things I like:
new style rims, climate controls....yup that's it.

Things I don't like:
the new styling on the bumper honeycombs
the red stitching on the seats and the red accents on the dash

Neutral opinion:
LED headlights. I could take it or leave it, the lights on my '17 work just fine for me.
The shorter gearing. I feel like they should have lengthened the gearing slightly to eliminate the 3rd shift 0-60. This also should have helped mpg's and 0-60 times. I guess I have to wait for a review to see if it was the right choice for them to make.
Same power. This should have been a no brainer, up the boost slightly and it could have made an easy 10-15 hp more. It would have looked good on paper.
Honda sensing and the audio exhaust...I have no need for it and really don't think the Si should have it but for the money it seems worth it. Again we will see how this affects the overall feel of the car.

Things they should have improved (my opinion):
The speed of the infotainment
Bump the power slightly
Gave the exhaust some actual tone instead of using audio to do it
Lengthened the overall gearing slightly to eliminate 3rd shift to 60 mph.
Black out the chrome on the door trim or chrome the whole thing. The half black/half chrome looks silly.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Come on guy, really?

Unless this thread is intending to provide a different discussion entirely, we already have a thread dedicated to this. People will lose out on information if it's only going into one thread and people reading the other don't happen to see it.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I'm pretty pissed too. I've had my 2019 for about 2 weeks with only like 600 miles on it. The salesman told me there were no differences coming for the 2020. Except for optional accessories. I'm thinking he was just BSing to get the car off the lot. I already reached out to him on trading this.
We have a thread on the Subaru forums called "my dealer told me"- dont ever believe anything a dealer says. They want to sell you a car today not tomorrow.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Come on guy, really?

Unless this thread is intending to provide a different discussion entirely, we already have a thread dedicated to this. People will lose out on information if it's only going into one thread and people reading the other don't happen to see it.
4 threads...time for a mod to merge

emount91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
that front and back end vent change is attrocious, they should be painted black from the factory. Body color paint takes away from the sportiness BIG TIME.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Love that Honda gave the SI a new set of rims that are only for the SI. Hate that I share a set with the Civic Sport.
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Honda Civic Si upload_2019-8-22_13-8-47

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Honda Civic Si upload_2019-8-22_13-9-14

They still share the same wheel though...I am happy about that because I really did not like Honda doing that same wheel shit on ours. I would have had a real sour taste in my mouth if the 2020 Si had different wheels then the sports. That was pretty much my biggest complaints. All the other gens had different wheels. Yes still pissed about it.

Well my opinion,
I like the red on the seats
I like the red interior accent
I like the color matched bumper accents (better looking then ours)
I like our wheels better, but jelly they are standard black for 2020
LED headlamps...kiss my ass Honda why not do that from the damn beginning

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
Come on guy, really?

I like this opinion style thread...

Don’t enter the thread if you don’t want to respond :dunno:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I like this opinion style thread...

Don’t enter the thread if you don’t want to respond :dunno:
Gotta read my post better:

"Unless this thread is intending to provide a different discussion entirely..."

The thread title indicates no such thing. Sure, let's have an info thread and discussion thread. The way it stands though, they are just two of the same thing. I wouldn't know which was which from the outside looking in.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Maybe I'll just keep my brand new 2019 and grab the HFP rims

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Honda Civic Si 9c3d349f9263318792eee4347d0a8304

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Honda Civic Si 173591538

It's a toss up between the 2019 and 2020 stock wheels. The stock rims in the sedan above look good for oem. This JO had to know these changes were coming. Typical sales person I guess.

Last edited: