Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Believe me most accidents are Caused by the use of the cel phone , guess those updates on new cars can help with this problem so drivers can be alerted
Stats say 26%. So quite a lot. 99.9% of accidents are caused by driver error. That's why these tech nannies exist. Humans are extremely fallable. Even the ones on here who think they aren't, you are!
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Stats say 26%. So quite a lot. 99.9% of accidents are caused by driver error. That's why these tech nannies exist. Humans are extremely fallable. Even the ones on here who think they aren't, you are!
You can't ever gauge how good of a driver is by what they think it is. 73% of drivers believe they are better than the average driver :p

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
Yes, even pro racers make mistakes on the road but risk is one of the spices of life, risk analysis is beneficial and satisfying, dumbing us down by nannying makes us more prone to mistakes when outside the bubble, and electronics that think they know better when you have things under control are just plain irritating. Risk can't be entirely eliminated but human spirit is being crushed in the attempt.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Newly registered here. I have a deposit down on a 2020 CTR at my local dealer, and I’m second on the list for a Champ White one. I currently have Boost Blue as my second choice and have said no to any black ones they may receive.

I’m almost 50/50 between the White and Blue. I know the White is the traditional Type R colour and is more subtle to stand the test of time more, but I loved the Lapiz Blue on my Golf R and Long Beach Blue on my M2. I’m just iffy about how the blue clashes with all the red accents.

Curious to know how many here are 100% getting the Boost Blue or how many of you with a CW would get the Blue if you had a do-over for a 2020.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Newly registered here. I have a deposit down on a 2020 CTR at my local dealer, and I’m second on the list for a Champ White one. I currently have Boost Blue as my second choice and have said no to any black ones they may receive.

I’m almost 50/50 between the White and Blue. I know the White is the traditional Type R colour and is more subtle to stand the test of time more, but I loved the Lapiz Blue on my Golf R and Long Beach Blue on my M2. I’m just iffy about how the blue clashes with all the red accents.

Curious to know how many here are 100% getting the Boost Blue or how many of you with a CW would get the Blue if you had a do-over for a 2020.
Welcome! I would absolutely select the blue over (assuming you like both equally) the white for a 2020 car as the blue will be more unique and more dramatic which fits the car. Course, what do I know, I bought a new frozen white Focus RS over the Nitrous Blue...

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Welcome! I would absolutely select the blue over (assuming you like both equally) the white for a 2020 car as the blue will be more unique and more dramatic which fits the car. Course, what do I know, I bought a new frozen white Focus RS over the Nitrous Blue...
Thanks! I do like the Focus RS in any colour, so that would've been a tough decision for me in your shoes. Your Type R is in an awesome colour too. I see that your GT3 is in white, so I can understand why you wouldn't choose your Type R in white ;)

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag

I would definitely lean white as I don't think the blue w/ red accents works very well. Too much of a superman vibe for me.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You were way off :lol:
Damn you went right back to find an old post. Lol talk about rent free. A person who had called the boost blue color months in advance was saying that was the number so there was credibility. It's great news so the car will keep selling well!! They were starting to pile up on dealer lots. Anyways, maybe that's gonna be the Phoenix Yellow/limited pricing which would be great!

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Damn you went right back to find an old post. Lol talk about rent free. A person who had called the boost blue color months in advance was saying that was the number so there was credibility.
CNN gets some things right too, but they're FAR from credible. Let this be a lesson.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
CNN gets some things right too, but they're FAR from credible. Let this be a lesson.
I mean this is just price discussion on a Civic, it's not that serious. Lol. That could have been either what the Limited model is going to be or what the regular one was going to be before all the online backlash at that price.

RType

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It's looking like 2019 is the best model year for the FK8 so far. '19s come with volume knob and physical climate controls that the '18s don't have, leaves out the sensing suite and artificial sound feature that the '20s have.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
It's looking like 2019 is the best model year for the FK8 so far. '19s come with volume knob and physical climate controls that the '18s don't have, leaves out the sensing suite and artificial sound feature that the '20s have.
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! IdealSafeIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted
Sponsored