Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its funny these 2020 CTR threads have brought out out jelous CTR owners that just bought a 2019 or own a 2017-2018. I for one am upgrading my 2018 and dont mind doing it. The market value in my state for a CTR 2018 with low miles is 36-38k so I will get that easily for mine. If the price of the car is 40k I will get it and practically have the same car payment I had before.

I already have a sales manager team that will be calling me when they get the car allocated and will be getting it at MSRP.

either way there is no denying it the 2020 CTR is the best CTR made. The people complaining about the 2020 are just trying to justify their purchases which is fine , but to me it seems these threads are just turning into a therapeutic complainers thread of CTR owners who think they have the best CTR version on the planet. Get with the times because there will always be something newer and better. Now why are we talking about financial when talking about cars , if you have the money get it , dont hate people that want the newest and best CTR out there.
wow....a few upgrades and the 2020 is da beeesssst

View attachment 194016

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 1
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
its funny these 2020 CTR threads have brought out out jelous CTR owners that just bought a 2019 or own a 2017-2018. I for one am upgrading my 2018 and dont mind doing it. The market value in my state for a CTR 2018 with low miles is 36-38k so I will get that easily for mine. If the price of the car is 40k I will get it and practically have the same car payment I had before.

I already have a sales manager team that will be calling me when they get the car allocated and will be getting it at MSRP.

either way there is no denying it the 2020 CTR is the best CTR made. The people complaining about the 2020 are just trying to justify their purchases which is fine , but to me it seems these threads are just turning into a therapeutic complainers thread of CTR owners who think they have the best CTR version on the planet. Get with the times because there will always be something newer and better. Now why are we talking about financial when talking about cars , if you have the money get it , dont hate people that want the newest and best CTR out there.

There will always be a new and better version to upgrade to. I am happy with getting one of the 1st 1000 Type Rs and I will happily keep it stock. If you must have the newest, latest and greatest than you will always be in the chase and youā€™ll never be satisfied. Best of luck and enjoy your Type R, which ever one you have.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There will always be a new and better version to upgrade to. I am happy with getting one of the 1st 1000 Type Rs and I will happily keep it stock. If you must have the newest, latest and greatest than you will always be in the chase and youā€™ll never be satisfied. Best of luck and enjoy your Type R, which ever one you have.
so true. I have friends ask me why I haven't traded in for a newer one or why I didn't tune for more hp...I'm good as is! I guess I show my age :D

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
So if the majority of owners don't track their car, why the need for better cooling and 2 piece rotors as well as higher temp brake pads? (admit the 2 piece rotors will be lighter but also a lot more expensive)

OTOH, for those who DO track their car, is the tiny increase in grill opening going to make any real difference? Also after market 2 piece rotors are readily available (and given the pics, likely lighter) and anyone who does any serious tracking knows that there is no magic out there and getting a brake pad to work well at low temps and also well on the track just doesn't exist, it is just a compromise at both ends of the temperature spectrum. That is why race pad manufacturers exist.

So here is my take on the rest of the 2020 new stuff

Fake sound---- would be fine for a few but not me. Maybe if they piped in the sounds of an open V8 or V 12 . Does this mean that the car is actually quieter in comfort and sport mode or just louder in +R ? Most importantly, can it be turned off easily?

Honda sense------ good for some folks but absolutely HAS to be turned off for track use. It would be crazy dangerous there and I know of some groups (BMW in particular) that won't let cars on the track if they can't turn these features off.

Alcantara wheel----- I really like this stuff but really doubt that it can be kept clean

Shifter knob------- Can't believe the 2020 still uses a metal shifter knob. There is absolutely nothing that makes a metal shifter knob good. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter and potentially slippery if anything gets on it.

Lack of a 19" wheel option------ Yes the 20" rims look good but they are actually a PITA in so many ways. a 19" option should have been added. Would sell out in no time.

No new wing------ Gotta go with the Honda engineers on that one. If they say the big wing works then why change?

Colour (yes, spelled in Canadian)------ don't care. I would likely still pick white.

So are there any compelling reasons to wait for a 2020? For me it has to depend on whether the grill opening makes any difference. Otherwise the 2019 seems just as good.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Looks like the Type R is going the Nissan GT-R R35 route. Have changes here and there over the years with a big price bump to reflect it.
All cars receive mid-cycle updates... The GTR is a poor example because it received substantial updates including chassis changes.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re getting jealous vibes. Also Letā€™s wait and see how much faster it is around the Nurburgring if at all.

If they donā€™t even attempt it, you can guarantee that they just added weight with the refresh.

The car youā€™re trying to get is the best for you but I wouldnā€™t trade mine in for anything, itā€™s why it bought it.

I donā€™t like any of the additions besides the updated suspension options which is an arbitrary upgrade with all the downgrade of performance from added weight/features.

Anything I want added to it, Iā€™ll add because Iā€™m going to have this car until it doesnā€™t run anymore.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fake sound---- would be fine for a few but not me. Maybe if they piped in the sounds of an open V8 or V 12 . Does this mean that the car is actually quieter in comfort and sport mode or just louder in +R ? Most importantly, can it be turned off easily?
where is this coming from? fake sound...lol, I'm lost. Not sure if you got that from the front of this post...but from what I can tell on Honda's page, it's only a few differences...didn't see anything about the sound?

Never mind, I see now
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...-r-pumps-exhaust-sounds-through-its-speakers/

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Which I guess I still donā€™t understand. For the outside and ā€œsafetyā€ than yea but inside itā€™s so dumb to me.
I would imagine they have data that tells them the lack of noise is keeping people from going EV. We always gotta remember that we're not the target demo for everything they do, it's all done so they can sell stuff at scale.

Edit: I forgot to add, I don't think anyone knows the results of the changes Honda made for cooling. I would imagine it does have SOME effect, otherwise why would they bother? I don't know enough to say how much of a difference the changes make, but neither do any of you.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re getting jealous vibes. Also Letā€™s wait and see how much faster it is around the Nurburgring if at all.

If they donā€™t even attempt it, you can guarantee that they just added weight with the refresh.

The car youā€™re trying to get is the best for you but I wouldnā€™t trade mine in for anything, itā€™s why it bought it.

I donā€™t like any of the additions besides the updated suspension options which is an arbitrary upgrade with all the downgrade of performance from added weight/features.

Anything I want added to it, Iā€™ll add because Iā€™m going to have this car until it doesnā€™t run anymore.
Even if I would like some of the updates made, I donā€™t have a problem with my 2018. Sure, sensing and a marginally more comfortable suspension would be nice, but Iā€™m set on not making any more dumb financial decisions given that I already have a diminished value on my CTR and Iā€™m presuming the 2020 model will be close to or at 40K before taxes and title.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
....I for one am upgrading my 2018 and dont mind doing it. The market value in my state for a CTR 2018 with low miles is 36-38k so I will get that easily for mine. If the price of the car is 40k I will get it and practically have the same car payment I had before.

I already have a sales manager team that will be calling me when they get the car allocated and will be getting it at MSRP.......
What state do you live in where people are paying $36-38K for a low mile (7,000 miles?) 2018?

Even though i have no intention of updating to a '20 i filled out the Honda form for info on the new model. The dealer where i bought my car offered me $32K trade value for my '18 with much lower miles than yours. Sure i could negotiate a bit more for my trade but nowhere near $36-38K unless they jacked the price for the '20 through the roof.

Anyway - good luck to you and keep us posted on your upcoming killer deal.
Sponsored