Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

I like to civic

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
The small wing option may be not available in the US. I dont think there will be two trims. Europe already has two trims, wouldnt be harder to push another trim there.
Thanks for the insight
Sponsored

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
A guy in the main civic forum got a small wing from overseas to put on his hatch. It doesn’t come in CW, which makes me think it was never intended for the CTR after all.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A guy in the main civic forum got a small wing from overseas to put on his hatch. It doesn’t come in CW, which makes me think it was never intended for the CTR after all.
Would you mind providing a link to the post or a picture please?

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
Honestly hoping I can grab a boost blue near MSRP within “reason”. I know I’m going to get fucked a little, but will upload my progress when summer hits and I can find one.

Woot woot.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I don’t know if this was asked or mentioned yet, but does anyone know or have any guess as to what the first MY20 number will be?

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
You won't see this model a lot in Europe (and not at all in Norway).
After they introduced the WLTP standard, the import and registration of this car is way to high!.

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This is not a matter of hate, or dislike of change, but it does mark the end of what will become the classic FK8 CTR, that will be the 2017 through 2019 models. Honda is a great marketing company, and they are simply pandering to the complaints that they’ve heard over the last several years to pick up those last few buyers at the end of the four-year model cycle, who will perhaps be willing to pay a higher price for the things that they say have been holding them off from buying. I liked the right-side camera on my former Si, and really would’ve liked one on the left side as well with a split screen, so would welcome that again. Additional functional vents, probably good. Changes to the variable suspension, maybe good, but you can’t tell until you drive it. Notice that one significant change they didn’t make, despite myriad complaints, was any kind of move away from the 20” wheels with low-profile tires, as that is part of the basic design concept of the suspension, whether you like it or not.

The slow processing of the ‘infotainment’ system is a disgrace. It’s necessary to interact with the car’s systems. It should never have been in a performance vehicle in its current form, but it’s still there. They have done nothing about that. Response is so slow that it’s a distraction rather than an aid. I find myself looking back to the center of the car to find out whether the last thing I pushed a button for has happened yet so I can push the next one, and that is a distraction. Sometimes I push the button again thinking that I missed it on the first shot, and it goes back though the whole thing again.

But the nanny stuff, not really. Most automobiles are now mechanically excellent and reliable. If not abused, 100,000 to 200,000 miles without a lot of trouble. Problems in the midterm future will come with servicing and finding parts for the electronics as they fail over time. The more of that that you have the bigger the problem is going to become, and you really don’t need that stuff if you are an alert and competent driver as you should be.

If you really want an FK8 CTR, you should be looking for left over 2019 models, or low mileage, gently used prior years. There appear to be many of those in the market perhaps originally bought by people that didn’t understand the responsibilities, financial and otherwise, of owning a high-performance automobile. Might even be some older ones out there in dealer inventory, who knows? I still don’t think you should be paying over MSRP but given the price increase for the junk that they’re adding to the car, it still could be a better deal to get the real thing.

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
This is not a matter of hate, or dislike of change, but it does mark the end of what will become the classic FK8 CTR, that will be the 2017 through 2019 models. Honda is a great marketing company, and they are simply pandering to the complaints that they’ve heard over the last several years to pick up those last few buyers at the end of the four-year model cycle, who will perhaps be willing to pay a higher price for the things that they say have been holding them off from buying. I liked the right-side camera on my former Si, and really would’ve liked one on the left side as well with a split screen, so would welcome that again. Additional functional vents, probably good. Changes to the variable suspension, maybe good, but you can’t tell until you drive it. Notice that one significant change they didn’t make, despite myriad complaints, was any kind of move away from the 20” wheels with low-profile tires, as that is part of the basic design concept of the suspension, whether you like it or not.

The slow processing of the ‘infotainment’ system is a disgrace. It’s necessary to interact with the car’s systems. It should never have been in a performance vehicle in its current form, but it’s still there. They have done nothing about that. Response is so slow that it’s a distraction rather than an aid. I find myself looking back to the center of the car to find out whether the last thing I pushed a button for has happened yet so I can push the next one, and that is a distraction. Sometimes I push the button again thinking that I missed it on the first shot, and it goes back though the whole thing again.

But the nanny stuff, not really. Most automobiles are now mechanically excellent and reliable. If not abused, 100,000 to 200,000 miles without a lot of trouble. Problems in the midterm future will come with servicing and finding parts for the electronics as they fail over time. The more of that that you have the bigger the problem is going to become, and you really don’t need that stuff if you are an alert and competent driver as you should be.

If you really want an FK8 CTR, you should be looking for left over 2019 models, or low mileage, gently used prior years. There appear to be many of those in the market perhaps originally bought by people that didn’t understand the responsibilities, financial and otherwise, of owning a high-performance automobile. Might even be some older ones out there in dealer inventory, who knows? I still don’t think you should be paying over MSRP but given the price increase for the junk that they’re adding to the car, it still could be a better deal to get the real thing.

I completely agree. I share the same opinion that many of you do. I'm not really a fan of all the "bells and whistles". What appeals to me the most about the FK8 is the drive. I hear all about how much fun it is from friends ,and those of you who have the car. I'm currently leasing a 2019 Si.. and it's a great car. But it's not like my old EBP Si. Yes, it's nice to have the heated seats and all that but in essence I want a car that is fun to drive.

Now if by some miracle, the dealer tells me that they will sell me the 2020 FK8 at MSRP, I might cave... but a 2019 is more than enough to keep me happy for at least 1.5 decades. (My EBP Si lasted 19 years.. RIP).

And boo to 20"s.. that's prolly the biggest complaint that people have!

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
And boo to 20"s.. that's prolly the biggest complaint that people have!
Well to be honest it was the biggest complain the hard core had which did not represent the majority of owners. The internet is a funny place what we see is the very vocal minority not the opinion of the masses. The happy people don't say much. The unhappy what everyone to be unhappy with them and therefore that's typically all you see posted and then it looks like everyone thinks that it must be that way because it is all you see. I either saw or knew the people who owned 30 type Rs and all but 2 had the factory 20s on. 2 of these people also bought second sets of 20s as spares. I myself also was very happy with the 20s. I would believe if you could (outside of a enthusiasts forum) take a poll. The number of people who kept and liked the 20s far outnumber those who did not. We have what a thousand or so owners here and maybe couple hundred that post alot. Even if half of those posts all put on 19s (which would seem like alot) thats nothing to the nearly 35k or so Type Rs that were sold. But in the scope of the forum it looks like it's what everyone is doing when in reality it is not. Now I can agree that Honda should of had a 19 factory option. As you should never cater to the minority and forsake your masses. You should at least give an option to those who did want a 19 as offering a wheel size option really doesn't cost the factory much and nothing but a few digits in ecu need to be changed. But I liked my 20s and I know for fact lots of others did too. The hate for 20s is and was not universal.

DarkRs

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I found this pic of the interior on the FK8 creator's IG page : @hide._.kaki

If you scroll down on his page you'll find this picture from January 2018 of a similar shift knob which He claims to be original on a reply in the comments ... :hmm:

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 60897423-74BA-44E4-88CF-2773BD00872A

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! A09E51EF-10D8-4EFD-8227-4FBEC3EC9743

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! C9EE4CE7-DC8A-476B-8FC0-2FE6EA385E78

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I don’t know if this was asked or mentioned yet, but does anyone know or have any guess as to what the first MY20 number will be?
they are sequential since day one. so the first 2020 im sure will be the next number after the last 2019. What that might be... anybody's guess as Im sure no one here has any idea what the last 2019s number is. IM sure it will be somewhere in the mid to high 30k area

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Well to be honest it was the biggest complain the hard core had which did not represent the majority of owners. The internet is a funny place what we see is the very vocal minority not the opinion of the masses. The happy people don't say much. The unhappy what everyone to be unhappy with them and therefore that's typically all you see posted and then it looks like everyone thinks that it must be that way because it is all you see. I either saw or knew the people who owned 30 type Rs and all but 2 had the factory 20s on. 2 of these people also bought second sets of 20s as spares. I myself also was very happy with the 20s. I would believe if you could (outside of a enthusiasts forum) take a poll. The number of people who kept and liked the 20s far outnumber those who did not. We have what a thousand or so owners here and maybe couple hundred that post alot. Even if half of those posts all put on 19s (which would seem like alot) thats nothing to the nearly 35k or so Type Rs that were sold. But in the scope of the forum it looks like it's what everyone is doing when in reality it is not. Now I can agree that Honda should of had a 19 factory option. As you should never cater to the minority and forsake your masses. You should at least give an option to those who did want a 19 as offering a wheel size option really doesn't cost the factory much and nothing but a few digits in ecu need to be changed. But I liked my 20s and I know for fact lots of others did too. The hate for 20s is and was not universal.
That's a really good point. Thank you! In the grand scheme of things, it is the vocal minority (not saying that they are incorrect), that has issues with the rims. I spoke to a dealer rep a few months ago and he was telling me that he has an FK8 himself and that he has never had any issues with the stock rims. If anything, I'll stick with the stock and change out the tires to something abit more robust aka thick.
Sponsored