Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Technology moves forward each year.....improvements are a constant. I'm glad changes are made to improve on most every product. If there are things that interest you on the 2020 add them to your ride! If you feel it's time for a new CTR trade your car in! You do you.:headbang: With all the time and money I've invested in my 19' I'll definitely be staying with what I have. I absolutely love it but if there are any items that I like when the 2020 actually debuts I'll be sure to add those.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Technology moves forward each year.....improvements are a constant. I'm glad changes are made to improve on most every product. If there are things that interest you on the 2020 add them to your ride! If you feel it's time for a new CTR trade your car in! You do you.:headbang:
Agreed. It's funny to see some of the posts crapping on the latest version because of its technology and how the '17 is better because its rawness like the original.

Oh really? How about that turbo and adaptive damper system? Brake assist, rearview camera, that stupid electronic e brake, VSA, airbags everywhere etc.. The '17 is far from "raw", it was quite modernized and - yes - the '20 even more so.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
i don't get why people think it's hating or trying to justify purchase when someone says they're glad to have a 17-19.
There really isn't anything that you can't get on the older one with the MY20 unless you want Honda sensing which is a hit or miss depending on the person.

corvette and a CTR are two different cars. Corvette will serve no purpose other than just to drive.
The original post says:
2020 Civic Type R for U.S. market launching later this winter

It is winter right now and the year is 2020, but call it whatever year you want. "This winter" would have to mean within the next couple of months.

If you watch hockey, Canada just won the 2020 world junior championship. And it's called 2020 despite it beginning in 2019. The upcoming super bowl is the "Super Bowl LIV 2020", despite most of the season being played in 2019. So I personally would call this current time winter 2020. And if you want to be 100% technical, it's winter 2019-2020. Just like the current NBA season is called 2019-2020, and the winner will be crowned as the 2020 Champs.
IM not an idiot but thanks, I know that this is winter. I was replying to those that were saying we had a year because they said it was gonna be released in winter 2020. And if you read my full post you will see how I said that doesn't make sense and will come out i the next few months most likely feb. Technically winter 2020 starts dec 21st 2020. Even though we are in winter and its 2020 this is technically winter 2019 which started december 21st 2019. Only takes a quick google search . Go ahead google winter 2019 and see when it is :) what you personally feel and what the facts are , are two different things. And just because sports do things that way does not mean they dictate the seasons and their dates.

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IM not an idiot but thanks,
You're welcome? Though I never called you an idiot.

Even though we are in winter and its 2020 this is technically winter 2019 which started december 21st 2019.
No, technically it's winter 2019-20 because it spans over those two calendar years. Next winter will technically be 2020-21.

what you personally feel and what the facts are , are two different things.
You need to heed your own advise on this one.

Proof that it's not just my personal feelings:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/canada-winter-2019-20-outlook/602489

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_North_American_winter

And if you don't trust Canada's or wiki's verbiage, maybe nasa's will do it for you?
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/event/145868/north-american-winter-2019-20

Last edited:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I definitely believe the MSRP will be 40kish.

I think early adopters continue to win with price increases and so-so upgrades adding weight. I don't mind the grill of the '17-19 seems like only auto journalists cared. The new design looks weird to me-- all they had to do was just keep the same design but make it functional.

The 2017 Type R was like 35k MSRP and now we're most likely at 40k. Should help the value of our cars I would think.

One thing I would add to my Type R would be heated seats, which would make it near perfect for me.
Early adopters took it in the behind big time as few people in the US paid MSRP for 2017 models as plenty paid $5k+ markups. You can argue 2019 owners got the best deal as more people get them for MSRP.

deepjazz

First Name
Halldor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r 2018, subaru legacy 2007
Country flag
what a let down.

my 2018 type r gt already have all this except the minor look upgrade and brake upgrade.
nothing big and fancy and honestly I doubth anyone would notice a diffrence on the look between the cars unless you knew what to look for.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what a let down.

my 2018 type r gt already have all this except the minor look upgrade and brake upgrade.
nothing big and fancy and honestly I doubth anyone would notice a diffrence on the look between the cars unless you knew what to look for.
It's not a redesign.. it's a mid cycle refresh. I think your expectations were far too high.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
You think for 40k they should least throw in heated seats. Call me old but heated seats is pretty essential option I just can't live without. Also been spoiled with parking sensors, amazingly convenient living in the city.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will trade up if it comes with heated mirrors (US). ;) How does a Touring trim come without such essential equipment since 2017?

Anyone has a photo of the interior HVAC buttons?