Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I wonder if they will put the HUD to read street signs into the civic type r 2020

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
sweet thanks looks like everyone will be swaping out their side view mirrors next also lol
That's nothing new. there are already people who has done that since they are available on the civic touring models and the right side housing (since the one in the states has lanewatch) can be sourced easily internationally. Everything else can be sourced down here.

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
So the 17 was released June 2017 and then the 2018 released I think february 2018 then the 2019 was released november of 2018 and the 2020 wont be released until winter 2020 which starts december 21st 2020.
spmodel 17s are only around 5 months. 18s 9 months and 19s will be on sale for 2 years and a month before the 2020s? something don't make sense there. I think they meant winter 2019 because winter 19 actually happens in 2020 it just starts the last week of 19 which is why its called winter 2019. I don't see a model run of 2 years before the next year model. I bet we see it before march most likely february like the 18s
no lol
summer 2020 the new type r will be on the lots, geez

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I almost bet we will have an early announcement for the last CTR winter 2020 which will have a carbon fiber roof, no ac , 100lbs less , more boost , better internals lol, no radio , no power windows, making 350hp

all this for 38k

no thanks

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Still in love with my 2018.

The Boost Blue wasn't really doing it for me until someone pointed out that it looks like Spoon blue. Now I can't unsee it and it needs yellow accents.

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
The LED headlights for all 2020 Civics got upgraded as well btw. Better range iirc.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a 18 and the 20 has a few cool upgrades. Honda sensing would be awesome for road trips, fortunately we will be buying another car for with all the new safety features. The R doesn’t get driven that much daily to appreciate it.
If I wasn’t so invested in mine, I would consider trading it in for a new one. Instead, I will be sourcing the new brakes and grill.
The new blue is a bit out there, I would drive it! Although I got black to be a little more stealthy

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Can’t hate on the new 2020 Type R, we will have to just wait for reviews or actually drive one to see if any of these upgrades will actually make the car better or more of the same. I personally got really excited about the grill when it got announced, but I’ve been looking at multiple pictures and I can’t fathom it be much better than the original one. I myself was looking into the EVS grill before this got announced and that grill has so many cut outs it looks like it would let in way more air than this new one. Second thing I got excited for was the two piece brake rotors until I saw them and they seem to just be regular cast iron rotors with an aluminum hat. The purpose of a two piece rotor is to reduce weight and to dispense heat better so if it does that than great, especially for those who track their cars. But I’m as much about the looks as I am about performance so I’m leaning towards going after market for these as well. I already have the Hybrid Racing Short Shifter which I’m almost sure will be better than Honda’s shorter gears option, I have a Carbon Fiber steering wheel that I love. I think I’m good on most of these upgrades. Let’s wait and see until these parts are released and reviews are out. To anyone who purchases a 2020 or has one on order, congrats! I’m glad these cars exist.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
There is debate that the sensing added motors that changed the steering feel, and because of that they had to adjust the front suspension to bring back “steering feel”,. But then they also had to balance out the rear as well. And then it was too stiff, so they had to further soften it.

Between this, and the sound control, the FK8 first release is the purest.

The second dulls the experience.

Thus a first release along with a few choice minor upgrades from the second will in my opinion be sought after in the future over a second release FK8 (MY2020).
I have a 2019 CTR GT trim European edition. With Honda sense. Lane watch uses same electric motor as the assisted steering. It's by default disabled and you can enable it with a button on your left. If you are on a highway with good visible lanes the lane watch does fine. If you are on a twisted road with faded/rain covered lane marks then the system has no clue.

Sensing is ok, I do not find it invasive(you can disable it from the menus). Depending on the driving style it can be useful for:
- adaptive cruise control
- auto braking
- when you change lane you have the dead angle sensor that bips and lights in the mirror
- when you get out of some tight space in reverse it detects through the rear-view camera if there are any approaching things. This is useful.
- you can set sensitivity for these alerts, not that invasive if you drive decently
- high beam assist (not sure if US model has it) - this one is very useful

Take it for what it's worth

Screenshot_20200110-213300_Facebook.jpg
In Europe the GT trim is about 39k euros. Who would think that others would get sensing for free....

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
So the 17 was released June 2017 and then the 2018 released I think february 2018 then the 2019 was released november of 2018 and the 2020 wont be released until winter 2020 which starts december 21st 2020.
spmodel 17s are only around 5 months. 18s 9 months and 19s will be on sale for 2 years and a month before the 2020s? something don't make sense there. I think they meant winter 2019 because winter 19 actually happens in 2020 it just starts the last week of 19 which is why its called winter 2019. I don't see a model run of 2 years before the next year model. I bet we see it before march most likely february like the 18s
The original post says:
2020 Civic Type R for U.S. market launching later this winter

It is winter right now and the year is 2020, but call it whatever year you want. "This winter" would have to mean within the next couple of months.

If you watch hockey, Canada just won the 2020 world junior championship. And it's called 2020 despite it beginning in 2019. The upcoming super bowl is the "Super Bowl LIV 2020", despite most of the season being played in 2019. So I personally would call this current time winter 2020. And if you want to be 100% technical, it's winter 2019-2020. Just like the current NBA season is called 2019-2020, and the winner will be crowned as the 2020 Champs.
Sponsored

Last edited: