Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is!

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R/ 2019 Audi A6 45TFSI
Country flag
The 2020 Type R from the Tokyo Auto Show !!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 微信图片_20200109195844

Official press release and photos:

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 2020-honda-civic-type-r-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 2020-honda-civic-type-r-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 2020-honda-civic-type-r-3
Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 2020-honda-civic-type-r-4

January 10, 2020 — TOKYO

• 2020 Civic Type R for U.S. market launching later this winter
    • Refreshed model includes multiple performance improvements, with revised aerodynamics, engine cooling, suspension, and upgraded brakes.
    • Multiple exterior and interior styling enhancements, plus standard Honda Sensing®
The 2020 Honda Civic Type R made its world debut today at the Tokyo Auto Salon. The new model year brings a number of changes and improvements to Type R’s winning formula, including revised styling, improved aerodynamic performance, and the addition of standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology.

The new 2020 Civic Type R incorporates numerous changes to improve its already stellar driving dynamics, including new two-piece brake rotors and new brake pads designed to reduce fade and improve high-speed braking efficiency. Suspension revisions for 2020 will include updated dampers for better ride comfort, stiffer rear bushings for better grip, and modifications to the front suspension to reduce friction and improve steering feel. Exterior design enhancements will also include a new larger front grille opening for improved engine cooling, and the 2020 model will be available in a new, Type R-exclusive Boost Blue.

For the 2020 model year, drivers can also expect added refinement, including a new Alcantara™-wrapped steering wheel and a new shifter with a restyled knob and shorter shift throws. The 2020 Civic Type R also adds the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, marking the first time that Honda Sensing® will be available as standard equipment on all Civic models and trims.

Under the hood, the 2020 Civic Type R continues to draw power from a race-bred 2.0-liter direct-injected and turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with VTEC™ valvetrain putting out a peak 306-horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (both SAE net), with power to the front wheels delivered through a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission and limited-slip differential. As before, drivers can choose between three driving modes – Comfort, Sport and +R – that vary suspension firmness, steering and throttle response. New for 2020 is Active Sound Control, which modifies interior sound in concert with chosen drive mode. The Type R’s selectable drive modes and sophisticated design make it both a thrilling companion on a mountain road or a racetrack and a remarkably civilized daily driver with a degree of flexibility unmatched in its competitive set, especially at the price.

Additional information about the U.S.-spec 2020 Civic Type R will be available closer to its on-sale date later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Retr0JDM

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R/ 2019 Audi A6 45TFSI
Country flag
2020 Honda Civic Type R US Spec Photos! for 2020 Honda Upgraded the brakes, suspension, aerodynamics, shorter shift throws with a new shift know and steering wheel! Now Standard Honda Sensing Coming soon to the U.S with a new Boost Blue color

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Type R, here it is! 微信图片_20200109200247

avariceSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda Civic, Ford Escape
Country flag
Looks sweet but if they jack up the price significantly because of these new features I’ll be happy I got a ‘19

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
So no mention of a different variant with the smaller wing?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Where did they saw winter at? I figured summer.

well US debut is winter of 2020 so you have almost a year to enjoy it before trading it in for a '20 :rofl:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Where did they saw winter at? I figured summer.
trying to find where i read it earlier through my browsing history but i cant find it anymore .... maybe it was edited out.

It's planned to be up for sale in japan over the summer though so maybe summer time might be correct idk.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
trying to find where i read it earlier through my browsing history but i cant find it anymore .... maybe it was edited out.

It's planned to be up for sale in japan over the summer though so maybe summer time might be correct idk.
if this car is built in Japan, they could delay usdm till winter 2020.... with jdm having first exposure

hope not

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Too bad it still has that big fugly wing.

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
No thanks on that alcantara steering wheel.

I kind of hate alcantara on "touch points". It gets gross, white, and flat reminding you of all those dead skin cells, oils, etc. Too much maintenance rather than just a simple scrub of leather to have it brand new again.

Happy with my '19
ill enjoy honda sensing , increase air flow, shorter throws , better tweaked suspension modes for sport and type R modes, better sound on the stock exhaust, stiffer bushings, better brakes not to mention the new bumper is sick on the 2020. Cleaning out your fake vents on the 2017-2019 is a PIA

Hondata will be having fun with this car.

The mid-cycle facelift comes along with quite a few mechanical changes as Honda has installed newly developed two-piece brake rotors coupled to updated brake pads designed to reduce fade and boost the stopping power at high speeds. In addition, the 2020 Civic Type R has a modified suspension with optimized dampers increasing comfort during normal driving.

Honda’s engineers have developed a new set of rear bushings that are stiffer than before to improve grip, while the front suspension has been modified to make the steering feel more direct by reducing friction.

Stepping inside the cabin, the performance hatchback has a new steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara, along with a different shifter featuring a redesigned knob and shorter shift throws. In the United States, the Honda Sensing array of safety and driver assistance systems will come as standard, making the 2020 model year the first time Honda Sensing is offered as standard equipment across the entire Civic lineup.

Underneath the hood you’ll find the same turbocharged 2.0-liter gasoline engine making 306 horsepower and 295 pound-feet (400 Newton-meters) of torque. Output is channeled to the front axle through a six-speed, close-ratio manual transmission and a limited-slip differential. As before, drivers will get to pick between three selectable modes (Comfort, Sport, +R) that change throttle and steering response as well as the firmness of the suspension.

The 2020MY debuts Honda’s Active Sound Control that will modify the sound heard inside the cabin depending on the selected drive mode.

Honda says additional details about its revised hot hatch for the U.S. market will be released closer to the vehicle’s launch programmed for later this year. For the time being, there’s no word about a potential hardcore version to reclaim the title for the fastest front-wheel-drive production car at the Nürburgring, a title currently held by the Renault Megane RS Trophy-R with a time of 7 minutes and 40.1 seconds or nearly four seconds quicker than the Type R.

My 2018 CTR is going up for sale this week
PM im in CO

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Additional information about the U.S.-spec 2020 Civic Type R will be available closer to its on-sale date later this year
Sponsored