Brix

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan PWM, X3 M40i BSM
Country flag
Hey everyone, new member here. Long time enthusiast. Been doing Bimmer for awhile but happy to be back in an Si. Couple of quick shots. Horrible park job...

So far car feels great! Really fun car. Higher final drive ratio adds a bit of response. Extra safety tech works when needed.. I don’t use much.

Overall, the 20 is a nice tight package but prior years just as nice IMO. Happy to be part of the club. Hope I can contribute to the community.

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si 45EAB597-8C71-48B7-B20A-4715A03D1089

Honda Civic 10th gen Refreshed 2020 Civic Si FB8908F7-D579-4D55-8AAF-E8AA4B3563F4

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could have been a ménage à trois had I not decided on a Miata. :) Too late now, anyway, as the white sedan I was quoted was reallocated to a different dealer while in transit.
Fantastic choice. Every person should drive one in their lifetime. Fun little car.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I hope you know exactly what you're doing because LEDs are tricky bastards to drive because their brightness is proportional to the input current (vs halogen which is proportional to the input voltage). I saw some retro wiring harnesses selling on the web that looks to me like just use load resistors to step down the voltage to drive the LEDs. I hope I'm wrong but that looks like a wrong solution to me.

For reference: https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techzone/2012/mar/driving-automotive-leds

A couple of people have done it here with OEM LEDs. I found a couple pair from the Civic Touring model for around $500. I'm still researching the adapter. Beyond that I'll prob do the 2020 rims or HFP rims.. Ktuner stage 1 and the car is complete. Drive it for the next 3 years and hop in the next gen Si or something better. Thats the plan! I kinda got screwed by the dealer on this refresh. So I'm going to try and get the car where I want it to be. Make the best out of my brand new 2019 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Hey everyone, new member here. Long time enthusiast. Been doing Bimmer for awhile but happy to be back in an Si. Couple of quick shots. Horrible park job...

So far car feels great! Really fun car. Higher final drive ratio adds a bit of response. Extra safety tech works when needed.. I don’t use much.

Overall, the 20 is a nice tight package but prior years just as nice IMO. Happy to be part of the club. Hope I can contribute to the community.

45EAB597-8C71-48B7-B20A-4715A03D1089.jpeg

FB8908F7-D579-4D55-8AAF-E8AA4B3563F4.jpeg
Beautiful!!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Rati's Rides just posted a review of the refreshed Si -- very positive about the revised drive ratio.
Wow, they changed the airbox. It looks like it would flow better now since I have read that the top of the old style airbox was the most restrictive part of the Si intake system.

Edit:

Ok, so they didn't change the airbox. I went out and looked at my car and apparently the angle that they photographed it just made it look like there was more clearance between the grill cover and the intake mouth.

He did say that with the different final gear ratio, that it increased 0-60 to 5.9 sec. I'd like to know where he got that from.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
A couple of people have done it here with OEM LEDs. I found a couple pair from the Civic Touring model for around $500. I'm still researching the adapter. Beyond that I'll prob do the 2020 rims or HFP rims.. Ktuner stage 1 and the car is complete. Drive it for the next 3 years and hop in the next gen Si or something better. Thats the plan! I kinda got screwed by the dealer on this refresh. So I'm going to try and get the car where I want it to be. Make the best out of my brand new 2019 :thumbsup:
According to this guy https://www.civicx.com/threads/modify-halogen-headlights-to-led-headlights-wiring-pdf-included.3577/ (I don't know if he's right or wrong. Just providing some info here). All you do is connect the light assembly to the 12V rail so maybe all the voltage/current regulation is done inside the assembly. If that's the case, then it would be super easy and safe then. Now I wonder what are the big load resistors on some of the wiring are for? Mmmm...

Last edited:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
According to this guy https://www.civicx.com/threads/modify-halogen-headlights-to-led-headlights-wiring-pdf-included.3577/ (I don't know if he's right or wrong. Just providing some info here). All you do is connect the light assembly to the 12V rail so maybe all the voltage/current regulation is done inside the assembly. If that's the case, then it would be super easy and safe then. Now I wonder what are the big load resistors on some of the wiring are for? Mmmm...
I know there was one guy with a silver sedan that did the swap with new OEM headlights. I haven't seen him on here lately. I wanted to try and reach out to him. I also started a thread on it soon as I learned it didn't make sense $$ financially to swap my 19 for a 20. I read the thread you posted though. There's something about the word "splicing" that makes me cringe..lol
I "think" they have converters. Hopefully I can find out more :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
I can't wrap my head around choosing between two very different automobiles based on the response speed of the infotainment system. To me, that's like choosing a hamburger from Red Robin or McDonalds based on how many toilets are in the restrooms!

The Honda will almost certainly have much better reliability, efficiency, and resale value than the Ford and the handling dynamics are completely different. Have you ridden in a Ford and Honda after 50,000 miles and noticed which one has fewer squeaks and rattles and loose interior bits?

Also, there's no such thing as Sync 4. The latest version is still Sync 3 which has been around since 2015. I had it in a 2016 Fiesta and while it looked great and was indeed responsive, it was full of bugs and annoyances. An update along the way which solved some problems only to introduce new ones made it worse. Interestingly, I run in a social circle that consists primarily of Ford owners (there's a story behind that). I'm often hearing them complain about electronic issues with their vehicles - mostly with the Sync 3 infotainment systems.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate Mustangs for their nostalgia and enjoy cruising around in convertible models and hearing the rumble of those equipped with V8 engines. I prefer the handling and feel of rear wheel drive, but I'd never cross-shop any Honda model with a Mustang - particularly based on the infotainment system.

They arent that diff! Both 4cyl turbo both coupes and in manual and both get least 30 mpg with less spirited driving sadly these are the only two cars that meet my specs they dont exactly make 240s anymore less u got a recommendation of another 2020 car.
Honestly the 350hp/trq and rwd makes it a better "platform" for the money and weight difference its impressive I believe. Also the 4cyl makes it close to a 50/50 weight distribution car vs the GT v8's

Sorry I miss typed ment sync3 but with the updates its good for android auto etc. ( much more snappy than hondas)

Also, I realize saying things like that in a Honda forum is blasphemy but don't worry im searching for a 05 civic hx manual as my dd as it was my one true love that 1.7 was the perfect na motor imo for mpg/dd right next to this years civic.

The awful touch screen lag and rev hang are the two things that hang me up and the fact i would have to pay for a tuner and head unit.

Last edited:

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Wow, they changed the airbox. It looks like it would flow better now since I have read that the top of the old style airbox was the most restrictive part of the Si intake system.

Edit:

Ok, so they didn't change the airbox. I went out and looked at my car and apparently the angle that they photographed it just made it look like there was more clearance between the grill cover and the intake mouth.

He did say that with the different final gear ratio, that it increased 0-60 to 5.9 sec. I'd like to know where he got that from.
We ll have to wait for the official testing from car magazine (if they found its value added retest it)
5.9 sec is 0.4 sec improved, seems a lot just from a revised gearing ratio...
Maybe the new wheel are lighter and contribute to the improvement too.
Wait until we real real comparaison

Brix

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan PWM, X3 M40i BSM
Country flag
It could have been a ménage à trois had I not decided on a Miata. :) Too late now, anyway, as the white sedan I was quoted was reallocated to a different dealer while in transit.
Having RWD is awesome. Prob miss that more than anything else from last 6 cars. The LSD helps but you got a lightweight and RWD. Like to add a Miata or 86 to the stable one day as well.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Edit:

That was what he thinks the car should run with the new gearing. I'm hoping one of the big car mags retests the car. I'm curious if the final drive improved times or just made drivability better.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That was what he thinks the car should run with the new gearing. I'm hoping one of the big car mags retests the car. I'm curious if the final drive improved times or just made drivability better.
It may improve times by a tenth or two or three. Of course, there are downsides to the gearing change like reduced mpg's and higher highway cruising rpm's (and subsequent noise increase).

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It may improve times by a tenth or two or three. Of course, there are downsides to the gearing change like reduced mpg's and higher highway cruising rpm's (and subsequent noise increase).
I think the gas mileage is a fair trade off. If the times are improved. I'd like to see a retest with a pro driver. Either way the car still gets great gas mileage.
It does sound like the revs are staying higher in the video. Which I don't mind the sound. It likely enhances the driver experience
Sponsored

Last edited: