reflash question

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
is it advised to have your car battery plugged to a charger when uploading/ reflashing a tune? I only ask as I done numerous reflashes over the last few months and I had to have new battery fitted yesterday as on my last reflash (completed luckily) the car would not start up, Honda say that having the car in accessory mode for 10-15mins a time can significantly drained the battery.

anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The warning message which you have to click "Yes" to before flashing begins specifically recommends this.

"NOTICE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LAPTOP IS NOT IN POWER SAVING MODE. A BATTERY CHARGER IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VEHICLE."

Ashto713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
The warning message which you have to click "Yes" to before flashing begins specifically recommends this.

"NOTICE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LAPTOP IS NOT IN POWER SAVING MODE. A BATTERY CHARGER IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VEHICLE."
I followed the instructions but my laptop was in 15 percent and half way through it went into battery saving mode .. is that bad ?

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
I followed the instructions but my laptop was in 15 percent and half way through it went into battery saving mode .. is that bad ?

Attempting a flash with 15% battery life...lol

No bueno

Ashto713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
Attempting a flash with 15% battery life...lol

No bueno
It was more then 15% it just went down to that after the first time it failed then second time it went through but towards the end it went down to 15

Ashto713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
If you failed a flash that might be the reason. If you successfully flashed I'm not sure what the basis for the question is.
Oh okay thank you just didn’t know if I would have messed something up .. my shifts from 1- 2nd -3rd is kinda rough sometimes may need rear motor mount
Sponsored