REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368223941

Ever tried to cut these grills?! Took longer than the oil cooler install...and could still be cleaner.
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368259270

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368289276

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368424266

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368337784

Track Tax!
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368372727

And this just showed up at the house...
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 1633368400252

Code Monkey

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It was nice meeting you and glad to hear you enjoyed the Chin format, plenty of track time for the money! Now add some camber and stickier tires and take her to a 1:41 lap! :)

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Mathew, nice rims :)

With respect to cutting out more diamonds on the front grill check out this thread - https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...sting-fake-vents-on-front-bumper.27081/page-9
Refer to post 123 to see what I did for mine.
Thanks...back at ya!

I checked out your post and your cuts look great...you have much more patience than I do! To be honest, since I'm planning on primarily using this as a track toy, I'm trying to not be too neurotic about every detail (otherwise I'd go insane and never get on track where we know the car can and will take some abuse).

Getting ready for the next track day now...Atlanta Motorsports Park SCCA Track Night on Oct 20th.

Just ordered a Racebox Pro to start gathering some track times and data. I'll probably pick up an infrared temp gun for brake/tire temps as well.

Hopefully I just need to slap on some new rotors, bleed the brakes, and rotate the tires to be ready for AMP.

I'll immediately turn around and run Road Atlanta on Oct 24th. So far these Nitto NT05 are holding up great but I think this next Rd Atl will be then end of them. I'm not sure of my next tire but it seems like the Federal, Nankang, and Falken are interesting...what recommendations for pure track tires do y'all have?

Code Monkey

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You want a needle/probe tire pyrometer for tire temps (nice write-up here). I always have mine with me and you are welcome to use it at Road Atlanta.

If you like the NT05 you may step up to the NT01, not the fastest compound these days, but many still like them. I loved the Bridgestone RE71 and recently switched to the Kumho Ecsta V730. The RE71 would cycle out after 5 days/20 sessions including driving one hour to and from the track. Other sticky choices are the Yokohama ADVAN A052 and Falken Azenis RT660.

When I drive farther out, I use the Falken Azenis RT615K+, can also put the Dunlop Direzza ZIII and the Hankook RS-4 in this category.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks...I'm definitely liking the pricing on the Kumho V730!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ok headed to AMP tomorrow afternoon for the SCCA Track Night. Ive heard some good and bad things about this event so fingers crossed for some safe drivers on track with me!

Got the car prepped, basic brake bleed, tire rotation, and added some heat shielding to the oil cooler lines. Also installed my RaceBox so I can start getting some actual track times.

I'll have to do a bit more intensive prep work before Rd Atl on Sunday...

I've got @procivic new open grill style front vents, a Revel VLS 52mm Oil Temp gauge, and another set of Paragon R5 front pads from @Unity Performance in the mail...with any luck they will arrive and I'll have them all installed for Rd Atl with Chin Track Days on Sunday.

This is the DEI Hi Temp heat shielding...just extra insurance for the downpipe region.
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! _Bvh5REY3sr1948hij1KvvWrgk=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

And I got a huge garage upgrade mostly completed! Still need to modify the garage door and opener & vault the ceiling for maximum lift height!
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 5Bm-lN80be_1xCNnvnpczRbLxI=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Last edited:
OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Went ahead an pulled the trigger on the PRL Silicone Intake Hose Kit from @kefi just now.
I already have the K&N drop in...was doing some research and came across this comparison:

For my purposes, track use, I think this will be a functional combo for the money.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ok, quick Atlanta Motorsports Park update:

SCCA Track Night format was better than expected. In the advanced class, the drivers were all very professional and it was an enjoyable format. The half day schedule and low cost are definitely a good way to get some quick track time! There were about 7-8 CTR ( @midlyfecrysisFK8 ) at this event which was cool to see. There was one CTR in the advanced group with me, he had a HONDATA tag surround(no idea of other mods) and would absolutely walk away from me!

I managed a 1:36.3xx as logged on my RaceBox. Looks like @willskiGT has run a 1:35.26 and a guy an Youtube has posted a 1:32.64 lap...so I have lots of improving to do!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! l0BhLPrY3xdKDDhzzJwdDlDyHw=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 6Ve6to_aPMrJnvV4Bh0M8T6fFN=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

I can say without a doubt the Paragon R5 pads were a gamechanger in confidence since my last outing at AMP. The next puzzle piece will be tires. I tried some lower starting pressures (28 psi) at my last session of the day and definitely went too low for my setup as I got too much sidewall rollover and they got greasy fast.

No sexy pics ...
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 4rZFQEcNpdlC62J5ZfClduFGV5=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

And these showed up...very happy with the initial quality impressions.
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! uZlu4Gr4kdIg5bj_I7xs31ebx5=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

Now to get prepped for Rd Atl on Sunday...oil, front pads and rotors, bleed brake system, full car check, install oil temp gauge, front grills, PRL intake tube...

Last edited:

midlyfecrysisFK8

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (FK8) Boost Blue
Country flag
Ok, quick Atlanta Motorsports Park update:

SCCA Track Night format was better than expected. In the advanced class, the drivers were all very professional and it was an enjoyable format. The half day schedule and low cost are definitely a good way to get some quick track time! There were about 7-8 CTR ( @midlyfecrysisFK8 ) at this event which was cool to see. There was one CTR in the advanced group with me, he had a HONDATA tag surround(no idea of other mods) and would absolutely walk away from me!

I managed a 1:36.3xx fairly consistently as logged on my RaceBox. Looks like @willskiGT has run a 1:35.26 and a guy an Youtube has posted a 1:32.64 lap...so I have lots of improving to do!

I can say without a doubt the Paragon R5 pads were a gamechanger in confidence since my last outing at AMP. The next puzzle piece will be tires. I tried some lower starting pressures (28 psi) at my last session of the day and definitely went too low for my setup as I got too much sidewall rollover and they got greasy fast.

No sexy pics ...
4rZFQEcNpdlC62J5ZfClduFGV5=w876-h657-no?authuser=0.jpg

And these showed up...very happy with the initial quality impressions.
uZlu4Gr4kdIg5bj_I7xs31ebx5=w493-h657-no?authuser=0.jpg

Now to get prepped for Rd Atl on Sunday...oil, front pads and rotors, bleed brake system, full car check, install oil temp gauge, front grills, PRL intake tube...
It was awesome to meet you man! Are you registered for the Shush Session on the 7th?

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
It was awesome to meet you man! Are you registered for the Shush Session on the 7th?
No...give me some details.

Also...if you want these R5 front pads I'm about to remove let me know...probably 50% left.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...vent-michelin-raceway-scca-club-racing-348166

Thanks man, but I am cool with the stock ones right now. Performed awesomely yesterday, especially after hitting 106 on the front strait into that hard left turn 1....
Gotcha...cant make the Nov 7th date...family photos :oops:

Looking like Rd Atl again sometime the end of November to close out the year and start the winter mods!

Anyone else wants these take off Paragon R5 take offs let me know!

Last edited:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Running Paragon Front Rotors + R5 Pads on our CTR. Really consistent braking on at Toronto Motorsports Park, a track known to be heavy on brakes. We're still on stock fluid, stock lines, stock rear rotors, and pads. Pedal was easy to modulate, and didn't get spongy - a little soft when doing the cooldown, but that was likely the hot fluid expanding the lines.

Pretty much done for 2021 as temps have started to drop quickly, next season we'll be ready with Motul RBF660, Goodridge lines, Paragon's 350mm Rear Rotors, and P3 Pads. I don't feel the need to run R5's at the Rear. I did feel more brake dive with this setup versus the last track day when the car was fully stock, but that's not a surprise since there was more available grip and braking force.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! DSC_3952.JPG

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag

No sexy pics ...
Do you think the Paragon R5 pads would be worthwhile for those of us who do spirited canyon runs but not tracking our CTR? Thanks.
Sponsored