REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Now for some technical and parts updates...we left off with my car having no suspension 😅

The Fortune Auto 510 coilovers arrived just in time! It was a tough choice to either install new, untested suspension or just stick to what I know. But I trusted @Jason@DASHautosports knowledge and experience and went ahead and slapped them on!

Jason came over to REDRAGN World Headquarters to corner weight and ride height the the car...These Fortune Auto are so well made and damn good looking too :cool:

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! tUPtHeaBrR9slwcQI8P0U=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! YhVRYCfVHdy5_0_Vbynbw=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 51OAB6pWVFor23K5a7yx1=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Anyone need some Swift springs...lightly used 🤑

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! j4BpnbmbwhcQiVQkeh5za=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Here is the man at work:

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 3ljS8MvVvfQ-HtOcTYB--=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Jason made quick work of the setup due to years of experience, I would have chased adjustments all day and not come close!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
With the new power increase I know my transmission is on borrowed time...I was nervous about heading across the country with a weak link, luckily @Jason@DASHautosports let me borrow a spare! Thats my best Ginger Billy impression...

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! rVZ9v5xf41tpm1hrO-Tg8=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Got everything loaded and headed to TX...loaded in the pits at COTA on Thursday and got ready for Friday Practice. This would be my first time on track there since loosing my engine in 2022. Needless to say it was all hands on deck to get the car shaken down for the actual competition.

Starting from zero with a PB of 2:37 we had lots of time to find...

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 0jt646ygc7fAYyqMz_UG=w1187-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Fuel pump and filter issues...no dealer in all of TX had a filter assembly available. Unfortunately Joel Renteria had a big off and his car was unable to continue (damn heartbreaker)...he let us pull his assembly and kept the REDRAGN in the fight. HUGE thanks to Joel from WTXRacing!!! John @Fk8_tuning_development made quick work of the swap.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! BeWszPLhnrA4M8CgwBm5l=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

After lots of work we finished practice with a 2:35 and knew we were moving in the right direction with the setup.

Put on some new sicker tires for Saturday, reviewed some film and data and got ready to send it!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Amazing thread!

How did you find having the cat further back and away from the downpipe?
Thanks.

Moving it back definatley got lots of heat out of the eigine compartment. The CAT will be a bit less efficient (emissions wise) as it wont heat up as quick or stay as hot crusing. However it kept me class legal and helped with cooling so its a win.

It is still limiting my power as we were unable to safety push over 550whp with it in the system (likely not a restriction on cars under 500whp).

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sorry I've been tied up on my other turbo money pit! The Raptor truck.

Damn Ford and their crappy cam gears...

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! bcrPviqOL6Du864B_0lgU=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Locking pin wore all they way through the cover plate :dunno:

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! Tq3ZfhwUDFhjKl7c9wxwE=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Back in action now and took the chance to upgrade the intercooler and a ton of maintenance items...should be good to tow the REDRAGN once more!

Went to CivicX Wake the Dragon...first EVER roadtrip in the car...I was nervous! 550 miles and no issues other than I'm old and didn't love the noise or race suspension!

Overall, great trip but I remember why I don't drive this car on the street...too much temptation and really no way to even come close to using it for what its built to do.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! JsMpBpZGMSLwo9Rlab3Qo=w668-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! HSAdQGFdEg9OZVhj8HMo=w1187-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Had a good time and got to meet lots of folks...especially enjoyed seeing @Unity Performance and @Austin@Wunderladen_Racing

And its 23 days till GTA Road Atlanta!!! Hopefully I'll take the Enthusiasts Overall Record this year 🤞

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! YMd6P7Cc-NQQROlGeYMl8=w714-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
It was awesome to finally meet you in person! I was chatting with Jonathan Wheeler at CMP this past weekend and he had so much good stuff to say about you! I wish I was available to come down for GTA at RA, but maybe next year will have better timing for me :)
Sponsored