REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Here is some personal context I use when I think about heat reduction. @ACUITY claims 4.5* for these hoses. Doesn't should like much huh?

Well in my current day job and past life in the Military we live and die by our gear. You want to carry as much as necessary and no more than needed. The saying goes "grams make ounces and ounces make pounds." What does that mean? Simple, everything adds up!

There is a reason why world class gear is lightweight and expensive...every gram and ounce is something you physically have to carry on your body...it better damn well be worth the haul!

So every mod to your car should be looked at in this way...some add power and in turn add heat, others reduce heat...its a tug o war.

All that said, 4.5* might be the breaking point of your ECT causing the ECU to pull power...if you want to go as fast as possible for as long as possible...everything counts! I've been edged out by tenths of seconds on podium spots this season...everything matters in racing :cool:

Rant over :)
I have been using these with my koyo rad for a while now and it's a MUST for those that track. Cooldown happens so much quicker compared to my buddy who doesn't have it (and I am making more power). I am also running just OE coolant. One thing I wish I did was collect some data on the OE hoses/radiator before I made the switch.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I have been using these with my koyo rad for a while now and it's a MUST for those that track. Cooldown happens so much quicker compared to my buddy who doesn't have it (and I am making more power). I am also running just OE coolant. One thing I wish I did was collect some data on the OE hoses/radiator before I made the switch.
Awesome report...Like you I wish I had more data. Well I have lots of data but its all from days that were no hotter than 85*. So I'll be able to report on a direct comparison for days 85* and less but nothing for the crazy hot days approaching.

Data is king! I love seeing the reports from all the western guys on here that really use these cars in the heat!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Now for the big @ACUITY mod...the 10th Gen Fully Adjustable Performance Shifter!

As many before me have stated...its a damn work of engineered art. I'm excited to give a full on track review after COTA end of June!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 7As5x9Nof7EvwJ3LNaYKvaPB8w=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Im not going to go into any install besides to say that its way less intimidating than it would appear for folks who might be worried about interior disassembly...and if you are nervous, just check out the full install PDF and Youtube videos https://acuityinstruments.com/pages/install-guides

Just be aware...you will need and small torque wrench to properly torque ALL bolts and fasteners (its all outlined in the instructions).

I paired it with the Esco T6 knob and then headed to do something new...a car show :p

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! A6wRHjvdRNvqrxhe3yHFS9NKWA=w595-h737-no?authuser=0

Left most of the center console out to highlight this awesome shifter!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! YIi7tws5qkxusCKZnst8LuwGNQ=w492-h737-no?authuser=0

Saw @Z06Chris he is a car show pro and got a spot in the shade...it was hot!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! g46Ow0fLr75QeU2aleRNcGUQpw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

I did get a pretty cool spot to park though...I was excited to help highlight and showcase partners and sponsors!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 5wkD-2uF4ci-2_CW-cDfdoJ7eg=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 5fBCyvfnkxKWZxlk1vyyNTEGmw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Car show thoughts:

Id much rather be driving. However, Its still a ton of prep work to get a car show ready and present it. I had as much time invested as I do for typical track prep! I can see the appeal of people showing off their builds and checking out what others have come up with to make their cars unique.

We did have fun watching the cars "make smoke" on the drift track.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! vMnPhioBjEN-ArDnzROfOfH_aQ=w554-h737-no?authuser=0

And maybe one day I'll be big time and turn into a sticker like @DPL8 :bow:

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 2PC74r8woobYZZb0GDglaTg7tQ=w553-h737-no?authuser=0

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ok...not much happening with the REDRAGN lately but I have been busy.

With the upcoming trip to COTA (roughly 2,000 round trip) I've been busy with lots of truck maintenance and trailer setup. My neighbors don't love the new addition to the driveway!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! -aQwn5-djhL7TqsmETqt0hVpkQ=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

So the CTR is just way to wide and unless you Dukes of Hazzard your exit inside the trailer or crawl out the rear hatch like I do...you're not getting out! So how can you mitigate this? An open deck trailer, enclosed trailer with an escape door, or maybe this...?

An in-floor mounted winch to just pull the car inside without me in it! The winch I bought has an electric remote so loading should be fairly simple.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 2P57qk6JP9Omvx71fPBYyj8iaQ=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

I'm also looking into mounting lots of e-track to the floors and walls for tie down options and storage. I'd go back and mount this on my past open deck trailers know that I know about it!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! qX26fUhDZ1ruZFYBSrYdlim4dw=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

And I need some creature comforts so I'll mount a TV, tool box, and have an AC and portable generator as well. Pro Tip...dont go anywhere with a trailer and no spare tire...just trust me on this one :doh:

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 6skMBAT7jq2nRJnKJhcV-BLHOg=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! WnE_AvFt1v4J5DK7XOHNntN1nA=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Its still a work in progress but I think it will come together pretty nicely and really make the long days at the track more comfortable!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Glamor shots from GTA Rd Atl since everyone is racing at Gridlife Midwest Fest this weekend and I'm home working on the trailer!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 2Mb9O95d1Xplk-g0eFdXGFEorMSaREg=s737-no?authuser=0

FYI, if y'all are not following the racing action, the @ACUITY Team is killing it this weekend :cool:

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Another trailer update...REDRAGN updates soon!

Trailer is almost ready to drag to COTA...need to mount the winch in the in-floor box and hang the tv...I think its turning out pretty good!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! c8XDd-DAh-asZHRQ665-3PFFrA=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Hammock ...you know, for relaxing!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! bx2rA_GEsZb4aH1xqQ5dBi6q0w=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now for the big @ACUITY mod...the 10th Gen Fully Adjustable Performance Shifter!

As many before me have stated...its a damn work of engineered art. I'm excited to give a full on track review after COTA end of June!

7As5x9Nof7EvwJ3LNaYKvaPB8w=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Im not going to go into any install besides to say that its way less intimidating than it would appear for folks who might be worried about interior disassembly...and if you are nervous, just check out the full install PDF and Youtube videos https://acuityinstruments.com/pages/install-guides

Just be aware...you will need and small torque wrench to properly torque ALL bolts and fasteners (its all outlined in the instructions).

I paired it with the Esco T6 knob and then headed to do something new...a car show :p

A6wRHjvdRNvqrxhe3yHFS9NKWA=w595-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Left most of the center console out to highlight this awesome shifter!

YIi7tws5qkxusCKZnst8LuwGNQ=w492-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Saw @Z06Chris he is a car show pro and got a spot in the shade...it was hot!

g46Ow0fLr75QeU2aleRNcGUQpw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

I did get a pretty cool spot to park though...I was excited to help highlight and showcase partners and sponsors!

5wkD-2uF4ci-2_CW-cDfdoJ7eg=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

5fBCyvfnkxKWZxlk1vyyNTEGmw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Car show thoughts:

Id much rather be driving. However, Its still a ton of prep work to get a car show ready and present it. I had as much time invested as I do for typical track prep! I can see the appeal of people showing off their builds and checking out what others have come up with to make their cars unique.

We did have fun watching the cars "make smoke" on the drift track.

vMnPhioBjEN-ArDnzROfOfH_aQ=w554-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

And maybe one day I'll be big time and turn into a sticker like @DPL8 :bow:

2PC74r8woobYZZb0GDglaTg7tQ=w553-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg
hah! I'm honored to be a part of your collection of stickers! I heard that car might bring some form of good luck.

Hope to have you join us at an event soon! always looking for more Rs to stalk the prey at the events

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Quick update...Pro Tip - Always check everything as often as you can...especially after track days!

And my usual caveat, I'm not bashing any products or companies...just providing info!!!

Finally replaced the drivers side Whiteline camber joint. I discovered it was bad during my post GTA Rd Atlanta checks. It had lots of wiggle and felt exactly like a bad wheel bearing does. Initially I would have thought it to be a wheel bearing. But, I had just changed my wheel bearing so looked a but further and found the bad camber joint. Actually, Jason came by the house and put another set of eyes on it as we had not heard of any Whiteline failures!

No idea of the cause of failure...95% of all my really rough curb jumping is on the passenger side. Maybe the extreme loading on the drivers side due to this caused it? In any event @Jason@DASHautosports quickly got me a replacement from his personal stock and has reached out to Whiteline and see if they have any response.

The bad joint, once removed, has lots of free play as compered to the good replacement. However, there are no visual cues as to any damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! TplMTppLYbe__jV2x0qTW2pRYA=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

New joint in...

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 70c0iJ1ELAYwdb-bdTNeEUVDMg=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

Headed for an alignment in a few hours. This will be my first time actually driving the car with the @ACUITY full performance shifter installed...I'm excited!

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Your pic of the installed Whiteline ball joint shows exactly why I prefer the Hardrace one. The Hardrace ball joint has a large washer with a deep relief cut into the ball joint flange. Orienting the washers (there are 2) in various different ways gives you the camber adjustment. It is very unlikely to move but they are a bit fiddley to get to fit. With the Whiteline one, the washer sits on top of the flange (which will actually raise ride height) and lateral movement seems to be limited by small pins only.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Your pic of the installed Whiteline ball joint shows exactly why I prefer the Hardrace one. The Hardrace ball joint has a large washer with a deep relief cut into the ball joint flange. Orienting the washers (there are 2) in various different ways gives you the camber adjustment. It is very unlikely to move but they are a bit fiddley to get to fit. With the Whiteline one, the washer sits on top of the flange (which will actually raise ride height) and lateral movement seems to be limited by small pins only.
I don't disagree with your opinion on this!

But I will just note...there is no wear or apparent issues with the Whiteline style of camber adjustment plates and pins.

Whiteline does have the advantage that camber could be adjusted without actually removing the bolts...however, I'm not so sure its "that" beneficial as you'd still need an alignment.

I can see where the "internal" style Hardrace plates "could" be stronger and there would not be any slight ride height change.

As for these Whiteline joints, I'm not concerned with them at this point. I'll keep y'all updated as to any response from them and how they are holding up after COTA next weekend.

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You are looking at this wrong, the alignment washer sits on the bolt head side, and does not raise the ride height.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
You are looking at this wrong, the alignment washer sits on the bolt head side, and does not raise the ride height.
Jason, you are indeed correct. My error. There should be no change in ride height.

OTOH, given that the ball joint flange is slotted, the two tiny pins I would think, would not provide a lot of control of lateral movement of the joint. The bolt and washer contact with the flange is pretty small as well.
Sponsored