REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!!

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
oh man, scary. I should remove my heat shield to make sure the speed sensor isn't nearly destroyed. Good catch!
Sponsored

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
oh man, scary. I should remove my heat shield to make sure the speed sensor isn't nearly destroyed. Good catch!
No harm in checking. Just keep in mind, I totally removed my dust shields and run without them so a car with the shields in place would not likely experience this issue!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Showed up early again to a damp Saturday morning.

Nw6_HCEevuFi7rrePWVNwCu9dA=w492-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Managed to clip .3 off my Friday time and set a PB...I wanted the 1:29s bad though.

The family showed up and so did @Jason@DASHautosports (pretty sure he was just making sure I was fast enough and that he didn't need to take the DASH decals off my car ? ) Huge thanks to him for getting the car sorted and making sure I had the right go-fast parts!

7plfLlFLFsQKAij4yya2j_r5ZQ=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

17o6mjhsT3hgT-wSOhr_RNrHuA=w553-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

I pushed hard the next 2 sessions and found the sand at the end of turn one twice...that downhill braking zone is a beast! I also clipped the inside of some curbing hard enough to gouge a wheel...I was thankful for the Forged Titan7s!

53pNIWGId_qJxSozq3sYo-9TZw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

sGzITcodv0eQX9CPczpGFISTXw=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Saw another CTR out of the corner of my eye mid-day on the track. Came in and checked the results, Patrick Daugherty, Valvoline sponsored semi-pro driver had shown up and was running in Street class! Super nice guy but definitely a threat! He had driven down from KY that morning in a bone stock CTR with old Hankook tires and some upgraded brake pads...only 1.5 seconds slower...that guy can drive!

Going into the last session everyone was slower...except Grant Davidson, Acuity Racing Sponsored, managed a crazy flier to capture the fastest FWD lap of the weekend edging me out by .2! He runs Club TR class which allows engine swaps and aero mods and is full of cool Honda/Acura.

jcGxTSxncfD9Dswp-VDFh6jmSw=w414-h737-no?authuser=0.png

I managed to hold on in Street for second, getting beat by a crazy sorted and multi season contender in an AWD Impreza WRX. Managed 8th overall out of 58 drivers. Not too bad for my first ever TT race.

CN_NLLvlLIuN_PliBdDFBODxw=w1280-h720-no?authuser=0.png

OvW8AHy_vKJtBzcVi5xiL2BzSA=w414-h737-no?authuser=0.png

Yeah, me an Tomo have a strong cut-off game :cool:

oT1gAF7fAkozQjNaMooTOzbFYg=w414-h737-no?authuser=0.png

zMjMJa5Hexm13KomG_90AOGPw=w1080-h720-no?authuser=0.jpg

Took the long way home by the car wash and got the first layer of dirt off!

XLF-pmSXqTgDG6nfZkiLaBqxcQ=w983-h737-no?authuser=0.jpg

Then I spent Sunday with the car jacked up outside, wheels off, pressure washing the undercarriage :doh: Note to self: CTR does not make a good off-roader!

Lots of work to do to get ready for GTA @ Rd Atlanta in May. But for now the car and I are taking a break from each other for a few days :)
Congrats on the podium dude! what a great thread and amazing build. cheers.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Many of the same sentiments here. The stock calipers are really good and braking is consistent, until you start tracking a lot. I'm on my 2nd set of calipers because I cooked seals, and it was much easier to just swap calipers for the time being.

With that said, I've committed to the Paragon 6 piston kit which should last a lot longer and have less issues with heat and wont cook seals. Better rotors + thicker pads will also be a welcomed upgrade.
amen dude, did the same, never looking back on those stock units and not getting a 3rd set