REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
My friend owns an import service shop and can get parts at cost...checking into a price on the OEM 2020+ 2 piece rotors as a possible option. I'm definitely a fan of the non-cross drilled blanks. Anyone know if Paragon or Girodisc rotors fit on the 2020+ OEM hats? EDIT: I see @Unity Performance that Paragon makes OEM hat replacement rings!

Submitted my driving resume to SCCA for my Time Trials license.

Meeting with Jason@DASHautosports soon to come up with a plan for prepping and running Time Attack 2022.

And how do you know track season is over...numbers gone, center caps and tire shine on these worn out tires, and even got the car seat re-installed. :cool:

n0WsHs_tJAHucLzfOUly2BNLnk=w876-h657-no?authuser=0.jpg
Yessir that's a recent offering, and great news for 2020+ owners! You save $ by keeping your OEM Hats, get new hardware, new Slotted rings with additional vanes in a directional pattern that cools better ??

https://unity-performance.com/colle...nt-rotors-replacement-rings-only-civic-type-r

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Black Friday/Cyber Monday update:
Since I'm waiting on my Time Trials license approval, I have not gone all in on parts until I'm 100% confident on the series I'll me running (hopefully GTA Enthusiast class). But it was really, really, really hard not to pull the trigger on some go fast parts...soon!

But I did pick up a few deals:

@HybridRacing Shift Knob and Boot Collar combo...I like their taller 130R knob as its a closer shift distance from wheel to knob.

Chemical Guys buffing pads and drying cloths that I've needed to re-stock on.

@Unity Performance Acuity throttle pedal spacer...for when the rev-match decides not to work!

@procivic radiator shroud washer kit...to eliminate all those damn irritating push clips that hold it in!

@Suma Performance rearview mirror lens.

A Honda OEM oil filter & positive battery terminal cover since mine is missing :dunno: and a covered terminal is part of pre-track tech inspection.

And a set of rear Ready Lift towing air bags for my F-150 Raptor (the worst possible truck to tow with :doh:) since it will be doing lots tow duty in the 2022 season. Luckily my buddy has a nice trailer I can borrow.

What did y'all buy?!

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I picked up the HR shifter assembly and its awesome!

On another note, what dont you like about towing with the Raptor. I need to find a tow rig in hopefully 2-3 years, the 14+ Tundra is on my list but so is a Raptor since everything about the Tundra is a bit dated.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I picked up the HR shifter assembly and its awesome!

On another note, what dont you like about towing with the Raptor. I need to find a tow rig in hopefully 2-3 years, the 14+ Tundra is on my list but so is a Raptor since everything about the Tundra is a bit dated.
That HR shifter was a smoking deal...one possible organizations TT class I may run does not allow shifters or I would have gotten it too! I have heard its very good and less fatiguing on track than the Acuity shifter that is a bit stiffer.

The Raptor is an awesome truck...I have owned a First Gen 6.2L and now a Second Gen 3.5L Turbo. The issue is not power but that the rear suspension is not made for much load at all. A Toyota Tacoma will tow as much as a Raptor is rated to stock :rolleyes:. The rear Fox Shocks are actually part of the load bearing capacity of the rear suspension of the truck and loading them with a heavy bed or trailer tounge weight will really shorten their life...not to mention squat the rear.

As far as power...it has plenty to tow, a tow/haul mode, and built in trailer brake controller...so with these air bags it should be much improved!

And yes, the Tundra is dated but that's only due to Toyota making such a good truck that they know people will buy it anyway!

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Very interesting, ive read on forums that the gen 2 raptor is good way past what the limits of a Taco are, something like 8k Lbs which exceed anything I would put on it.

I figure 1500lbs for a trailer ( I was looking at the Aluma tilt trailers) and then 3100lbs for the car and then whatever else I need to bring.

I do agree that the fox shocks are counter intuitive for towing and that bags would be a big help.

I still want one.. haha

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Very interesting, ive read on forums that the gen 2 raptor is good way past what the limits of a Taco are, something like 8k Lbs which exceed anything I would put on it.

I figure 1500lbs for a trailer ( I was looking at the Aluma tilt trailers) and then 3100lbs for the car and then whatever else I need to bring.

I do agree that the fox shocks are counter intuitive for towing and that bags would be a big help.

I still want one.. haha
You're not wrong. However stock vs. stock in the real world the Tacoma is not too bad for towing vs. the stock Raptor.

This is the same trailer I'll use with my raptor and carrying about the same weight on my old Taco...Taco towed 6,800 lbs vs Raptor 8k but the rear squats like crazy on the Raptor and the ride sucks until you mod the rear. So they are actually much closer in real world application than it would seem by just the numbers.

You can get away with a lot with a properly balanced trailer, low tongue weight, and trailer brakes!

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! Gd1wk4--BJVhTqyV5ja4pSaNPg=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! 6eOy5H6J_iz6qxvsgoFc9z_h0U=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

I've towed Hondas all over the Southeast racing with Silverados, F-150, F-250, Chevy 2500, gas & diesel trucks you name it! I do think this Raptor will do the job fine once the airbags are installed.

And yes, I'd love one of those Aluma Tilt trailers as well!!! However, the cost is right on this loaner from my buddy!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
You're not wrong. However stock vs. stock in the real world the Tacoma is not too bad for towing vs. the stock Raptor.

This is the same trailer I'll use with my raptor and carrying about the same weight on my old Taco...Taco towed 6,800 lbs vs Raptor 8k but the rear squats like crazy on the Raptor and the ride sucks until you mod the rear. So they are actually much closer in real world application than it would seem by just the numbers.

You can get away with a lot with a properly balanced trailer, low tongue weight, and trailer brakes!

Gd1wk4--BJVhTqyV5ja4pSaNPg=w876-h657-no?authuser=0.jpg

6eOy5H6J_iz6qxvsgoFc9z_h0U=w876-h657-no?authuser=0.jpg

I've towed Hondas all over the Southeast racing with Silverados, F-150, F-250, Chevy 2500, gas & diesel trucks you name it! I do think this Raptor will do the job fine once the airbags are installed.

And yes, I'd love one of those Aluma Tilt trailers as well!!! However, the cost is right on this loaner from my buddy!

I need to do a lot of research on towing! I need to travel to some tracks without fear of being stranded if something goes wrong!

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I received my notification of approval for my SCCA Advanced Time Trials License so GTA 2022 is looking more like a GO! Waiting on the invite to the season opener; Super Lap Battle at Circuit of The Americas in TX ?

Since there are only 73 days left, I just pulled the trigger on round 1 of my GTA Enthusiast Class Civic Type R prep:

RV6 Catted Downpipe/front pipe combo
RV6 front compliance blocks
RV6 rear sway bar w/endlinks
Whiteline adjustable camber balljoints
Whiteline RMM insert
Mishimoto race radiator
Mishimoto race intake w/inlet pipe
Mishimoto turbo blanket
Wagner Tuning intercooler w/piping
Radium Engineering PCV oil catch can
Eibach rear toe arms
SPC Alignment rear camber arms
Swift Spec-R springs
Magic Collar subframe collars F&R

Round 2 will most likely be Tuning...guess I better sneak and get my emissions test done now! I'll be using Hondata and EBTEC tuning for a custom tune tailored to track use.

Round 3 Safety

Round 4 Tires & Setup (220 TW mandated) Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar are looking likely

Needless to say, lots of install and shiny new part content coming soon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
OK...bit of an update after being sick with the Virus that shall not be named!

I did get the invite from GTA to COTA...which was exciting. However, due to lots of factors, I am unable to make the trip out for that event...sucks.

So I just signed up for Gridlife Street class at AMP on 18March2022. This will be the first event of the season and I gotta get this car prepped and shaken down in the next 65 days! Super excited that Gridlife is 200tw tires...lots easier than 220tw for go fast choices.

Picked up a stock hood to add vents to from @Z06Chris ... great seller!
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! z5jeoOJnGyik7DyjpkahRKluuo=w493-h657-no?authuser=0

Picked up a used Hondata Race from @4DaFanS ... another great seller with fast shipping. Here I am waiting on the "Danger to Manifold" message to pop up ?
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! weUeg9twyhTYOYBvnDUu3NVIxa=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

And I just picked up a truck load of parts from @Jason@DASHautosports
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! DVGHGoMwElw1f6sGuJCLnFzE2x=w876-h657-no?authuser=0

Still waiting on some backordered RV6 parts but in the meantime, I think I have plenty of parts to keep me busy!

I plan to reach out to a local vehicle wrap business to help design and install a race livery for the car...hopefully we can come up with something awesome. Any of y'all have Ideas let me know...I really dig the Advan style...plus I'd like to add some Red to the CTR so I can make the REDRAGN name fit!
Honda Civic 10th gen REDRAGN's Countdown to Super Lap Battle 2024!!! UpR4be4wTEBW1w_dR9mmsZaax_=w370-h657-no?authuser=0

Last edited:

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Glad you recovered and feeling well. I see a lot of delicious suspension goodies in there. I'm about to install more RV6 suspension components (rear toe and lower camber arms and sway bar with end links) and a bunch of chassis/subframe stiffening and bracing stuff.

I was considering the Whiteline anti-lift kit (not sure if that's what you have in the trunk), but reading reports of the first version's elastomer bushings ripping off in the track isn't confidence inspiring, even though they revised them since. I'm considering the RV6 Compliance Mount (same function) as it's proven on the track by HPD, but worried about constant squeaking in the street (as reported by Baxi in his Youtube videos).

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Glad you recovered and feeling well. I see a lot of delicious suspension goodies in there. I'm about to install more RV6 suspension components (rear toe and lower camber arms and sway bar with end links) and a bunch of chassis/subframe stiffening and bracing stuff.

I was considering the Whiteline anti-lift kit (not sure if that's what you have in the trunk), but reading reports of the first version's elastomer bushings ripping off in the track isn't confidence inspiring, even though they revised them since. I'm considering the RV6 Compliance Mount (same function) as it's proven on the track by HPD, but worried about constant squeaking in the street (as reported by Baxi in his Youtube videos).
Thanks!

I got the RV6 Front Compliance mounts not Whiteline. The Whiteline part you see is front camber joints.

There was reported squeaking with the RV6, however RV6 revised the internal bushing design to ensure proper grease distribution and resolved the issue. @TheShadow has an awesome install and explanation thread!

See post #10 here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...l-bushing-install-guide-for-fk8-type-r.43137/

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Thanks!

I got the RV6 Front Compliance mounts not Whiteline. The Whiteline part you see is front camber joints.

There was reported squeaking with the RV6, however RV6 revised the internal bushing design to ensure proper grease distribution and resolved the issue. @TheShadow has an awesome install and explanation thread!

See post #10 here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...l-bushing-install-guide-for-fk8-type-r.43137/
Yes I read @TheShadow 's post, and he reported creaking and knuckle cracking sounds at low speed, but wasn't too annoying. Please let us know your experience after you install them and they're fairly broken in.

OP
OP
REDRAGN

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Here ya go

1642385632133.png
Yes...a version of this but with my SGP color and black. Still waiting to hear from my local wrap shop...gonna have to reach out again next week. Maybe @Unity Performance needs to get in on this wrap design and be a sponsor for the upcoming #GridLife Atlanta Motorsports Park event :cool: (shameless I know, I know) .

Car goes on the lift tomorrow and likely won't come off till all the TA prep is complete! Lots to do...

Last edited: