mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
Good afternoon,

Quick question. When accelerating rapidly 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd where does your car redline? I didn't launch my car but from complete stop I pretty much went full throttle and it appears to hit the rev limiter around 6700rpm rather than at the redline. Is this normal? I tried it a while later and eased into it and didn't go full throttle and it went all the way to redline. However, under full throttle it appears to hit rev limiter around 6700-6800 RPM.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal or if there is something wrong with my car. Is this some sort of protection mechanism that Honda tuned into the car to help prevent people from blowing their engines?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
How so? I'm making sure this isn't a potential issue. Currently it's an issue to me that my Type R cuts off before redline. I want to know if it's really an issue or by design.
it was meant for me to say edit: opps wrong forum for me. I thought i was looking at the Si

Sorry!

OP
OP

mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
Good afternoon,

Quick question. When accelerating rapidly 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd where does your car redline? I didnt launch my car but from complete stop i got after it (though I started at 0rpm and eased into the first few rpms to avoid wheel spin/hop). I was about to shift at about 6800rpm in first (right before redline) and it appears to cut off around 6700rpm rather than at redline from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to third. Is this normal? I tried it a while later and eased into it and didn't go full throttle and it went all the way to redline.

Does this happen to anyone else?

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Same deal for me on my 2019. It's almost like the fuel cutoff is EXACTLY at 7k, and possibly the tach can't keep up with how quickly the engine revs? That's the only thing I can think of.

I started shifting at 6500 and haven't run into that problem since.

DRFTMYTAIL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been contemplating posting about this ever since I finally passed the 600-mile break-in for my 2019 R. Ran it again tonight and still seems like it hits limiter at 6800rpm. I wonder if the Hondata/K-Tuner tuned guys are experiencing the same?

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I've been contemplating posting about this ever since I finally passed the 600-mile break-in for my 2019 R. Ran it again tonight and still seems like it hits limiter at 6800rpm. I wonder if the Hondata/K-Tuner tuned guys are experiencing the same?
Given how laggy the screen tech is in the car, it wouldn't surprise me if you were actually at 7K but the screen "needle" was lagging behind and displaying 6800.

DRFTMYTAIL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Given how laggy the screen tech is in the car, it wouldn't surprise me if you were actually at 7K but the screen "needle" was lagging behind and displaying 6800.
That is very true and definitely possible!

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Same deal for me on my 2019. It's almost like the fuel cutoff is EXACTLY at 7k, and possibly the tach can't keep up with how quickly the engine revs? That's the only thing I can think of.

I started shifting at 6500 and haven't run into that problem since.

Redline = 7K; Fuel Cut = 7K. No more will we be able to go past the redline like in previous cars. My EVO was the last one I owned that would let me go past the redline without any type of tune. Hell the S2000 AP1 would let you go past the redline.

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
not laggy screen. Just blip the throttle and the needle moves just as fast as how the engine RPM is rising. Maybe it limits the rev limit in first 2 gears?

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
2019 mine does the same. Seems like I cut at 6800. I think another person says to shift at 6500. That's what Ive been doing.

Mine as soon as the light blink it cuts. What's the point of the lights blinking if it cuts at the first blink lol
Sponsored