dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
When going over the details of the build the mechanic told me this is what was going into it , word for word
“New bottom end with new crank and oil pump
Saenz performance rods
73mm JE pistons
Boundary oil pump billet gear
Custom oil squirter
Custom valve train 8k safe
Arp head studs
Oem head gasket”

going To pair this engine with FBO and W1
Do you happen to know what's part of that custom valve train other than valve springs?

I asked Drob a year ago about higher rev limits and he told me that "the cam follower that drives the high pressure fuel pump is still realistically a concern above about 7200 rpm." And that there was no way to currently change that.

So I'm curious if there is something to remedy that.
Sponsored

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I'm also worried about what the harmonics of the valvetrain would be. Especially when transferred into the HPFP and if it would be able to handle the increased force or run out of pump capacity. The geometry limits may be in the clearances of the actual head structure itself(i.e. stress on mounting).

Has anyone really seen what the rotating assembly can handle rpm-wise? I wonder if that might be the ultimate weakspot.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm always wishing I had an extra 1500rpm, especially coming from my old EM1 and my current DC2. Not used to shifting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn early and its only gonna get worse when I rebuild my b18c for 9500rpm.

I'm just not sure the amount of valvetrain work required to bump the l15b7 rpm ceiling(not redline) is worth it rather than improving the flow you can achieve with better compressor maps, turbine sizing & cams. Is there really any difference between the other L15 head combustion chambers(shape & size), valve shrouding in the intake port, port shape(I know sizes are diff), etc???
this is a different engine series hence the lower rpm range. they all the same (head)

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you happen to know what's part of that custom valve train other than valve springs?

I asked Drob a year ago about higher rev limits and he told me that "the cam follower that drives the high pressure fuel pump is still realistically a concern above about 7200 rpm." And that there was no way to currently change that.

So I'm curious if there is something to remedy that.
that was what i was trying to say in a way haha, W1 will be running out of air around that range too even the gtx 2867 if i'm not mistaken.
personally i won't go more than 7.5k rpm with a turbo larger than w1 or 2860r gen 2 if there's no need for it.
no point to change it.
imo 7k max would be pretty good if only using a much larger turbo otherwise stay below is a much better idea.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
wh
When going over the details of the build the mechanic told me this is what was going into it , word for word
Saenz performance rods
73mm JE pistons
Custom oil squirter
Arp head studs
Oem head gasket”

what's so custom & can say 8k safe ?
no point to go up so high with w1 it won't perform at such high rpm & expect -ve returns

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
this is a different engine series hence the lower rpm range. they all the same (head)
Oh yeah I know, it's just I've been driving high rpm b series vtec for sooo long I "forget" it's not the same kind of engine. The rod ratio isn't favorable to high rpm stability. Piston speed is pretty high when u get up there.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saenz performance rods
73mm JE pistons
Custom oil squirter
Arp head studs
Oem head gasket”

Sounds like a solid build from what we can tell, but you may want to shoot higher than the W1 if you are going to take the engine build that far.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Why hitting 60 on 2nd is so important?
Clock it to 50mph :nixon:

The SI isn't a 0-60mph monster anyway.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
i accidentally hit the rev limiter in 1st on my 11th gen Si the other day and it hit 7000 RPM. didn't think that would be possible. not sure why it revved so high. it's not like i money shifted since i was in 1st...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What make you think it's not possible to hit the rev limiter in 1st?

This is a 10th gen forum by the way.