OP
S2000Forever

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
Just wondering if you got this resolved? My issue is that my grill had to be replaced due to a crack, but my emblems are fine.

Currently at the dealership, unfortunately I have to buy new emblems since they couldn’t remove the ones from the old grill, or they’d break.
Not yet, but considering to peel off the emblem and purchase a new one. Have the techs try to removed the emblem from the grill and see how easy it is, let me know, thanks!
Sponsored

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Not yet, but considering to peel off the emblem and purchase a new one. Have the techs try to removed the emblem from the grill and see how easy it is, let me know, thanks!
I already left the dealership, but I asked again whether the emblems on the old grill can be salvaged after he put the new grill on. He said not without possibly damaging the emblems so he left it up to me to try it at home.

Once I got home, I got out the hair dryer (don’t have heat gun lol), wd40 and a tool to pry off. It didn’t take too long, but eventually I was able to remove it, but not before breaking off one of the pin/tab on the back of the H emblem. Not a big deal since the main thing holding the emblem in place is the double sided tap and aside from the pin/tab, the H emblem was intact and reusable.

I haven’t gotten to the Type-R emblem yet but I would imagine it to be more difficult since it’s smaller and not as accessible as the H. I’ll try it tomorrow but if it breaks, at least I only have to buy one emblem.

Also need to note that I melted parts of the grille during the removal of the H, not that I cared since it was already cracked. But just an FYI if you attempt to remove the emblem.

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 32D517BD-12A8-4563-9339-C795E0A7B2E6

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 75F42394-0B4D-4935-8BDB-5EC2BEA0B4F8

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 5C839CE5-523C-4275-BE7D-C88215FB3E10

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 8F366673-6C01-4643-AAB9-0305F73F7FE8

OP
OP
S2000Forever

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
Thanks for the thorough explanation! I was planning on using our heat gun at work, but it sounds like it could do some damage. Maybe I could drill a few small holes in the emblem and pull it off some how. Any other recommendations?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Thanks for the thorough explanation! I was planning on using our heat gun at work, but it sounds like it could do some damage. Maybe I could drill a few small holes in the emblem and pull it off some how. Any other recommendations?
Only your H emblem is damaged right? If your grill is still good, I wouldn't use a heat gun. I'd just use brute force to pry the emblem off, using a plastic trim tool to avoid damaging the grill. Once the top part is off, the two pin/tabs will snap from the emblem and be stuck in the holes. You can just use a small drill to drill them out.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
This is a thread of contradictions. Some replies say that if someone was trying to steal the emblem, you'd see damage on the surrounding grill. Yet, others are saying, "oh yeah you can replace it just pry it off". How would that not damage the grill? It might cost some more money, but if I didn't have the tools and/or the time, I'd take it to the dealer and have them do it. Why risk damaging anything else?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
This is a thread of contradictions. Some replies say that if someone was trying to steal the emblem, you'd see damage on the surrounding grill. Yet, others are saying, "oh yeah you can replace it just pry it off". How would that not damage the grill? It might cost some more money, but if I didn't have the tools and/or the time, I'd take it to the dealer and have them do it. Why risk damaging anything else?
Without damaging the emblem itself or the grill, there’a really no easy way to remove the emblem. In the OP’s case his emblem was already damaged so I suggested he just brute force pry it out with a trim tool (to protect the grill) since who cares if it snapped at that point.

In my case, my emblems were fine but my grill was messed up, so I carefully heated the surrounding area of the emblems and pried them off slowly, melting part of the grill in the process.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Success! Was able to remove the Type R emblem. Some slight scratch marks on top of the Type part but not noticeable unless you’re literally half a foot away. Used same method as removing the H but a bit more drama since it wasn’t an even shape.

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 2C4D9281-1178-474A-887F-AAD8640BE312

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism C27B479F-B256-4C42-AF37-906DC2D0D3C9

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 00B6ADF4-9903-416C-A593-A9D67899854F

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism 1BCBB2C9-DA46-454D-B708-8E8A0FE46AEE

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

Hi S2000Forever

Did you ever resolve this issue? I bought a 2019 CTR in December and already have a big rock crack on the front H emblem. I know you asked the dealer about pricing a fix. What did they say the cost would be to remove the grill and replace the emblem for you? Did you argue for warranty coverage? Please let me know what happened if you get the chance

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, where do you live where cops make that much? Is it a high cost of living area like California?
It's Ajax Ontario, Canada. I live there too and I'm not surprised....100k CAD is around 75K USD

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. It should be pretty easy to replace.

In Philly, tons of Honda’s on the road have missing H badges. I am always nervous when I leave my car out that some idiot is going to rip off the badge. Stupid kids these days

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Dash cams pick up so much, however! You need to install a box so if the battery gets low it cuts off. A better option if at home is that there are many camera Wifi that work well and lights that come on if someone is near the car. I had one indoors pointed out the window at one time and could tell when the mail was delivered. Dash cams and battery save unit see Blackboxmycar.com In the end you may see who did it, but police won't do much. I would rather be alerted in my house via smart camera and cell phone so I can grab my firearm.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just wondering if you got this resolved? My issue is that my grill had to be replaced due to a crack, but my emblems are fine.

Currently at the dealership, unfortunately I have to buy new emblems since they couldn’t remove the ones from the old grill, or they’d break.
I'm in a similar situation as you. I bought a new grill, but both of my old emblems are fine. Was thinking of transferring them over, but it looks like it's not worth the attempt reading your posts here.

Are both the red H and the Type R badges stuck on with adhesives? If so, I imagine could get quite messy.

So I'm probably thinking of keeping the old grill as is, and sell it (along with both badges intact), and just buy a new set of badges for the new grill.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I replaced my cracked front H emblem not all that long ago.. a heat gun or hair dryer would make removing the adhesive much easier but I did it outside in my apartment parking lot in November.

I broke the Emblem in the process (it was already broken so I didn't care) ... removing the adhesive was the worst part - I just scraped it all off. Heat would have made it take 20-30 minutes max.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
100% this was a rock chip and not someone trying to pry it off. Looks identical to the 6-7 locals that all have rock chips on their emblems (myself with 2!).

I have heard of some people using a small scrap of clear bra material over the emblem to try and keep it unchipped, so that might be your best bet for the new one.

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
This was most definitively rock/debris damage. I also have 2 definitive rock chips in my emblem. I have decided not to replace it because it will just happen again...and again...and again. These emblems are cheaply made to be able to crack as easily as they do. At least I also know no one will try to steal one that is already cracked! Heh...
Sponsored