First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So anyone have a clue why this keeps happening more often now. I will be driving and ktuner give me the error car is in recovery mode. This last time it happened I got a emissions probe error and my a/c stopped working. I can still drive the car but everytime I have it happens I get to where I'm going and hit yes and reflash the tsp tune stage 1. I'm all stock but anyone know why this is happening more and more. I been tuned over 20k miles

Honda Civic 10th gen Recovery mode alot more often 20200528_184019

Honda Civic 10th gen Recovery mode alot more often 20200528_183805

Dirtychonies

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the car is still driving you are not actually in recovery mode. I would contact KTuner for further advice if you have not already.

aizzataffero

Banned
Banned
First Name
Aizzat Affero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
So anyone have a clue why this keeps happening more often now. I will be driving and ktuner give me the error car is in recovery mode. This last time it happened I got a emissions probe error and my a/c stopped working. I can still drive the car but everytime I have it happens I get to where I'm going and hit yes and reflash the tsp tune stage 1. I'm all stock but anyone know why this is happening more and more. I been tuned over 20k miles

20200528_184019.jpg

20200528_183805.jpg
i was having similar symptoms but i got check engine light on and My ac suddenly stopped, i just reflash back to stage 1. And everything so far disappear. I did manage pull error code U0155 before reflash back my ktuner. Did u manage solve it ?

OP
OP

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was having similar symptoms but i got check engine light on and My ac suddenly stopped, i just reflash back to stage 1. And everything so far disappear. I did manage pull error code U0155 before reflash back my ktuner. Did u manage solve it ?
Yeah I did. The cable on my unit was wore out so it would lose connection and make the ECU go into recovery mode and throw random codes. Order new cable and never had any more issues. So if yours keep doing that I would try that first. Good luck

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

aizzataffero

Banned
Banned
First Name
Aizzat Affero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Yeah I did. The cable on my unit was wore out so it would lose connection and make the ECU go into recovery mode and throw random codes. Order new cable and never had any more issues. So if yours keep doing that I would try that first. Good luck
Im using ktuner v1.2 ... my cable wasn’t connected when the check light occurred

aizzataffero

Banned
Banned
First Name
Aizzat Affero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
34B7FAC8-28C6-41C3-93F4-C152A7C2D7B8.jpeg
Car would run fine. I would turn it off and let it do a full off cycle and back on and codes would clear.
Honda Civic 10th gen Recovery mode alot more often 9E151416-E3EE-4314-8C14-F7E7CE1D5D64

this is my error check light display. I reflash it back from stage 2 to 1. then the error magically disappear, let me try your method. Maybe i need unplug it for a while. does ktuner allow us to plug in all the time ?

200019SI

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si
Country flag
9E151416-E3EE-4314-8C14-F7E7CE1D5D64.jpeg

this is my error check light display. I reflash it back from stage 2 to 1. then the error magically disappear, let me try your method. Maybe i need unplug it for a while. does ktuner allow us to plug in all the time ?
Ideally your ktuner 1.2 can stay plugged in 24/7 assuming you drive your car every day. Especially if you use tuner view, you need to have it plugged in. Idk what was happening but I know for a fact it’s my ktuner that was making me throw codes. Since I’ve had it unplugged I haven’t had one light come on.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I think the cable would be the first place to look. Here's the V2 replacement cable:

https://www.xenocron.com/products/ktuner-v2-replacement-cable?variant=19345664147510
I can confirm that this is a problem not only with KTuner, but with other OBDII readers as well. I'm not sure exactly why this happens, as I thought the modules were reading information only (unless a request is initiated manually by the user). I don't see why the ECU would pick it up as an issue unless it's aware of the KTuner connection during the driving sequence.

My V2 has been dropping connections as well. And it finally resulted in the U0155 DTC. So far, disconnecting the unit has not caused this issue to resurface.

Thanks for the link. I ordered a replacement cable and will report back the results in my ownership thread.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
How long can you leave V1.2 plugged in with the car sitting before the battery is drained enough to prevent the car from starting?

If V1.2 is unplugged, would you still be able enable/disable rev hang and switch between the three maps?
Sponsored