Recording From Backup Camera?

MishFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda 1.5T MT
Anyone figured out how to hack the rear-view camera so the feed can be somehow recorded? I saw some of the threads with the pin-out which seems to have the video output but don't know if anyone might have an easier way.
Sponsored

Civicfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Anyone figured out how to hack the rear-view camera so the feed can be somehow recorded? I saw some of the threads with the pin-out which seems to have the video output but don't know if anyone might have an easier way.
I'm also interested in doing this. I would also like to add a front camera. Somehow, I would like to set a system that can record data from the back up camera and the front camera. Any ideas?

Jermany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
That'd be an awesome feature to have built into the infotainment system in the future, built in recording from the sensing camera/backup camera with detachable storage in the arm rest.

kdd_lanka

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ridgeline, 2017 CRV Touring, 2017 CTR, 2000 Acura 3.2 TL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am installing a BlackVue DR650S-2CH 16GB, 2 Channel Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Cloud, Full HD, G Sensor, GPS, 16GB SD Card and BlackVue B-112 Battery Pack for DashCams. I have an older BlackVue in my 2007 Ridgeline and been very happy with it.

the problem with recording with the backup cam - its angle doesnt give you best recording view of whats behind you. Will be taking apart my CTR interior over the weekend to install - will post the video.

too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Another problem is that you have to re-wire the camera power supply to "ACC", so it'll turn on when the key is turned to "ACC" or "On" position. As of now, your camera is only powered on when the transmission is in reverse.

Pin C13 = Camera power supply, pin C14 = camera ground, pin C28 = camera shield, pin C29 = camera output
Sponsored