KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh and for foam you should preferably use one layer foam, instead of pieces, like I did, but I used leftovers, here is an example
Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? 14a47d9s-960

Just use kilmat as a vibration dampener and foam on top to keep the noises out, that is it.
Sponsored

woofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic RS, 1973 EB Civic,
Country flag
i got bored the other day and did my version on my car to make things a bit deader.
dynamat is nice but really over priced here, so i use a builders window flashing product thats much the same, but comes in 20 meter rolls, for about $50
I use aluminum tape in areas that may get movement or something to cover all the edges of the tape, so it dosnt bleed. Bit of a pain but works well, this is the 3rd car now ive used this on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? photo_2021-01-11_18-04-43

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? photo_2021-01-11_18-04-24

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? photo_2021-01-11_18-04-40

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? photo_2021-01-11_18-04-56

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended sound insulation? photo_2021-01-11_18-04-27

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i got bored the other day and did my version on my car to make things a bit deader.
dynamat is nice but really over priced here, so i use a builders window flashing product thats much the same, but comes in 20 meter rolls, for about $50
I use aluminum tape in areas that may get movement or something to cover all the edges of the tape, so it dosnt bleed. Bit of a pain but works well, this is the 3rd car now ive used this on.

photo_2021-01-11_18-04-43.jpg

photo_2021-01-11_18-04-24.jpg

photo_2021-01-11_18-04-40.jpg

photo_2021-01-11_18-04-56.jpg

photo_2021-01-11_18-04-27.jpg
why not just buy kilmat or something that was designed for cars? I used one pack of kilmat ($59) for 2 doors and entire trunk, I bet kilmat is also much thicker

woofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic RS, 1973 EB Civic,
Country flag
why not just buy kilmat or something that was designed for cars? I used one pack of kilmat ($59) for 2 doors and entire trunk, I bet kilmat is also much thicker
all that stuff is Overpriced in NZ, freight to our little island makes you think about options a lot.
a $50US items may have another $45+ shipping
amazon and ebay dont really exist here.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
all that stuff is Overpriced in NZ, freight to our little island makes you think about options a lot.
If that is asphalt based, you’re going to regret doing that. I’ve heard people do this and then on hot days, the car smells like asphalt and it never really goes away. Props for the idea though, I hope it goes well.

For mine, I usedKnuKonceptz Kno Knoise Kolossus Sound Deadener 100Mil Thick 35sq ft Car Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KXF9MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_zmzbGb1YB8YQ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

Another great option would be using SoundSkins- that is pricier but worth it if you truly want to do it right, etc.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
If that is asphalt based, you’re going to regret doing that. I’ve heard people do this and then on hot days, the car smells like asphalt and it never really goes away. Props for the idea though, I hope it goes well.

For mine, I usedKnuKonceptz Kno Knoise Kolossus Sound Deadener 100Mil Thick 35sq ft Car Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KXF9MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_zmzbGb1YB8YQ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

Another great option would be using SoundSkins- that is pricier but worth it if you truly want to do it right, etc.
i bought a roll of that asphalt-based stuff from home depot back in my highschool days and I never really had an issue with smells even in hot summer SoCal days. i even sprayed expanding foam into my trunk skin to make it a brick lmao. but that was an old shitty honda accord. I wouldnt do that to my 10th gen civic.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
i bought a roll of that asphalt-based stuff from home depot back in my highschool days and I never really had an issue with smells even in hot summer SoCal days. i even sprayed expanding foam into my trunk skin to make it a brick lmao. but that was an old shitty honda accord. I wouldnt do that to my 10th gen civic.
I did this in the Buick way back in the day, I also wouldn't recommend doing it again but I did it and it worked in the Texas summer heat without melting.

I'll be using sound dampener from a couple different places in mine.

KNU CLD on the door skins and panels, Resonix Butyl rope on the cross bars and door clips, Resonix CCF squares to deaden reflected backwaves, 3/16 abs to make blocker plates and self adhesive amazon CCF eggcrate foam as a decoupler in the doors. Doors, roof, floor, and trunk will be done as I take the car apart Using Knu CLD and a MLV under the carpets and rear panels. I'll probably use the eggcrate foam on the headliner as it's lighter than MLV.

I'm also a firm believer in FAST rings so I'll be using those too.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you should be able to buy sound deadening in NZ though pretty sure there are tons of auto parts stores and specialized audio online stores
Sponsored