Recommended Options and Mods?

CTR Master

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Just ordered a CTR and waiting for it to arrive (takes forever!). What are the most recommended options and mods?
Sponsored

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered a CTR and waiting for it to arrive (takes forever!). What are the most recommended options and mods?
There are no options in the US market. unless the dealer puts a bunch of add on's. The car is pretty good from the factory. Depending on your roads, i would suggest going with a smaller wheel for pot holes. And if you decide to track the car, a turbo blanket, intake and maybe exhaust if you want something louder.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would strongly suggest upgrading the intercooler first. Even if you plan to keep stock & avoid the track, this turbo gets hot & can effect performance once it gets heat soaked. PRL IC is great and I'm sure the Mishimoto IC (with piping) will be a great option too.

Then, bang for your buck would be either KTuner or Hondata tune.

The exhaust & intake on this car are quite good & don't need to be switched unless you just have the mod bug or want to improve the sound of this beauty. Congrats on the new CTR & welcome to the sickness!

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Honestly.... modifications are more a "personal taste" than anything IMO..

Reliability related - probably a different set of wheels (18 or 19) if you plan on driving quite a bit...the 20 inch tires are expensive, Catch Can..maybe an intercooler and radiator (to combat any heat soak issue)
Performance - There are a few intake/exhaust options out there...pick your flavor, Hondata/K-Tuner/Mo-Tech for tuning solutions, and various suspension components. IMO this car is very good "out of the box" performance wise
Appearance - Quite a few members already have very very good looking FK8's, check them out...it's more about your personal preference.

Good Luck Have Fun

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
Here are a list of things that, looking back, I should have considered before picking up my CTR:

- ceramic coating or PFF installation on day 1
- airing out my WeatherTech floor liners for a couple of days before putting them in. The smell was a tad strong.
- screen protector for the touch screen (i was fortunate in that the dealer left the factory peel-away film on even after PDI so i had something to protect the screen until my real protector came in the mail)
- ordering my custom plate earlier. (there's a 3-4 month wait time in CA).
- having more money for the down

but like rydereclipse said, mods are extremely personal. go with what you like.

and to echo j35w2, welcome to the sickness. it's a never ending money pit but in a good way.

and one last note: congrats on your purchase!

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Everyone has given very good feedback on this thread.

-options and mods are a personal preference. It just depends on what is your taste and budget.
-I would say protection for your new ride should be high on the mods lists. Such as paint protection, window tinting, and interior protection such as all weather mats or seat covers.
-lots of good threads in the CivicX forums about aftermarket mods. I would recommend reading a few to get a good start.
-the main suggestion I would give you would be to enjoy your new CTR. Enjoy the car in stock form b/c it might actually work out for you and save a lot of money for aftermarket parts.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
Everyone has given very good feedback on this thread.

-options and mods are a personal preference. It just depends on what is your taste and budget.
-I would say protection for your new ride should be high on the mods lists. Such as paint protection, window tinting, and interior protection such as all weather mats or seat covers.
-lots of good threads in the CivicX forums about aftermarket mods. I would recommend reading a few to get a good start.
-the main suggestion I would give you would be to enjoy your new CTR. Enjoy the car in stock form b/c it might actually work out for you and save a lot of money for aftermarket parts.
I've never been on a track, raced, or tuned a car before. That being said, the stock set up on the CTR is just AWESOME to me. I can't imagine wanting to alter the engine in any way. But that's just me. I'd rather put money towards accessories. My wife put it in a good way: accessories are like the jewelry to the car.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
sorry for spamming the thread. I just thought of another add-on: door handle guards to protect against long fingernails.

OP
OP

CTR Master

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi All,

Thank you so much for all the helpful info. This is the first time to get into a Civic Forum, and it's awesome to see such a great community! Thank you!

BTW, so happy to be in "the sickness" with you.

Last edited:

OP
OP

CTR Master

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Here's the photos the dealer took.

It is taking forever for them to send me the docs to sign. And it has high mileage. What can you do?

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended Options and Mods? 2018 Type-R
Honda Civic 10th gen Recommended Options and Mods? mileage

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
mine had 12 miles as well.

MODS are a personal preference but I think everyone will agree that the first thing to look into is paint protection. I went with ceramic coating. not a fan of PPF but look into those options first and foremost

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Great color choice! Mine had 16 miles at purchase but six of those were my test drive. As for mods, I agree on PPF/paint protection and would suggest doing that ASAP if you're going to do it. I had my front end wrapped w/Suntek PPF and am very happy with the results. Also recommend all-weather floor mats, there are threads here discussing various options.

Everything else can wait, live with the car for a while and see what you want. I've had mine 5 months and have added rear trunk tray and iPhone mount, changed front tweeters and shift knob. Oh and swapped out the stock rims/tires for my winter setup w/18s. I may put the OEM rims back on for summer but I like the ride with 18s and may look into a different summer setup.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
there are a lot of tuners and companies that have yet to release parts so don't rush into anything
I agree with enjoying the car the way it is at least for the time being.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Like others have said get the mods you want. Many are doing wheels and exhaust and side markers among first mods. Many also doing ppf and ceramic coating to protect the paint.

Hope you enjoy the car and gratz
Sponsored