boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah third. My first set of Porterfield R4 I got about 5hrs of Track time out of. I still have about 40% left on my G-LOC R10 but switched back to the Porterfield for the Time Trials Nationals. Both pads seemed to be relatively gentle on rotors but I did end up with pretty gnarly stress cracks in my OEM Honda rotors. I have since switched to Centric blanks which can be had from tire rack for about $110/pair.
Sponsored

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys what’s my option for 2017 si rear brakes rotors and pads went to the track and back ones are gone after 4 sessions Was searching online there’s nothing for the rear . I have wilwood bbk in front I need rear asap thanks
Rear brake pads for all the civics are the same IIRC, even the CTR. So you have many options. Hawk has the Street/Race(DTC-30) for the rear.

I can't believe your rears went fast. Usually rear brakes don't get used much in FF cars.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I officially killed off the OEM rear pads at Thunderhill this past Sunday. What is everyone running for rear pad upgrades?

On a side note, our front BBK did amazing and will be ready to launch in about a months time.

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m using Porterfield R4S for the rear. No complaints. On my second set. First set lasted 4 track weekends, 5 TNiA and dozens of autocrosses.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m using Porterfield R4S for the rear. No complaints. On my second set. First set lasted 4 track weekends, 5 TNiA and dozens of autocrosses.
That's pretty solid. Sounds like you got some good life out of them. When you track the car do you turn off all the assist?
I am going to pull the trigger on some Carbothech XP8 pads today for the rear.

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I do the pedal dance and disable everything. I tried emailing Carbotech a few times about pads but never got a response. It’s the off season for me now so maybe I’ll give them a shot next year.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I do the pedal dance and disable everything. I tried emailing Carbotech a few times about pads but never got a response. It’s the off season for me now so maybe I’ll give them a shot next year.
I'll let you know what I think about them.

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
What are you guys using for the fronts? I cannot find anything for the Si up front. Carbotech and G-loc are a no go. Hawk only as 5.0. I need a DTC60 or Carbotehc xp10.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are you guys using for the fronts? I cannot find anything for the Si up front. Carbotech and G-loc are a no go. Hawk only as 5.0. I need a DTC60 or Carbotehc xp10.
I run our 27WON big brake kit that we will be releasing in November.
Sponsored