Recommendations on a good floor jack?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Let me explain what the issue is so you're not confused as to why people have trouble jacking the car.

The jack point is at the back of the subframe which makes jacks that typical DIY's have unable to raise the car due to limited travel of the jack handle.

This car needs a higher-end jack to raise the car in one-shot. The purpose of the thread was to determine which jacks are known to work and recommended.
I'll have to check but I don't think I can get under any of my hondas and get the whole front end in the air with one shot... I mean my truck sure cuz I have the clearance to get under it with about anything while all 4 are still on the ground. But whether or not the point is to find a jack that will do so I don't think the fact that a "regular" jack can't do it makes it unfriendly to lift. That is unless of course I go out tomorrow and find that I can easily get the rest of my hondas in the air with one cheap jack...
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I see where you're coming from but I think the issue is that people coming from older gen Hondas (not trucks) are used to jacking the car up from a point under the radiator support which can be done with a $29.00 K-Mart jack.

The same jack can be physically slid into place onto these cars, but the distance to the jack point prevents the jack handle from reaching an effective range of motion to lift the car.

I personally don't have any issue putting a bottle or scissor jack under one of the front jack points then sliding my floor jack under that car. That works fine. Even driving onto 1" plywood allows enough range of motion for the jack handle.

I think some people want to do this in one step, and they're looking for a jack that can make that happen. I'm just not convinced this is worth the additional expense for someone wanting to change their oil or get under the car. You can use the scissor jack to raise the car 1" then slide your Craftsman jack underneath and finish the job.

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
ok, I have had a vehicle that I was able to do such a thing, but I had to slide the jack under and basically operate it a few pumps by hand without the bar, then put the bar in and get about 1" range of motion in the first pump, then gain just a bit more range of motion with each pump.

Philipp

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Country flag
Pittsburgh Automotive seems like an optimal floor jack.

https://carfixbook.com/best-floor-jacks/

With a lift capacity of 3 tons and a low-profile design, it has good cost-effectiveness. Due to the material type, it has been built from, one disadvantage of this model is a significantly higher weight comparing to aluminum floor jacks like Arcan ALJ3T.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Pittsburgh Automotive seems like an optimal floor jack.

https://carfixbook.com/best-floor-jacks/

With a lift capacity of 3 tons and a low-profile design, it has good cost-effectiveness. Due to the material type, it has been built from, one disadvantage of this model is a significantly higher weight comparing to aluminum floor jacks like Arcan ALJ3T.

Alway use jack stand with any floor jack, don't trust the floor jack

Honda Civic 10th gen Recommendations on a good floor jack? Capture d’écran, le 2021-08-31 à 05.01.48

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ that can probably do it, but I haven't tried since I have a 4-post lift.
Sponsored