Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Just curious if anyone is running a better pad than oem. Wanting something much better that out performs in every aspect, thanks.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
EBC Yellowstuff definitely fits the bill if you're doing a mix of street and some light to mild track driving. Initial bite when cold is pretty good as well :) Drawbacks are very dusty if that matters, and some squeal occasionally.

EBC Redstuff gives up track capabilities for great street manners, and emits very little dust.

I've got Hawk Street 5.0 as well that are comparable to the EBC Yellowstuff. All listed above on the page shared by @86salmon (thanks brother!)

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
EBC Yellowstuff definitely fits the bill if you're doing a mix of street and some light to mild track driving. Initial bite when cold is pretty good as well :) Drawbacks are very dusty if that matters, and some squeal occasionally.

EBC Redstuff gives up track capabilities for great street manners, and emits very little dust.

I've got Hawk Street 5.0 as well that are comparable to the EBC Yellowstuff. All listed above on the page shared by @86salmon (thanks brother!)
Hmm the Yellowstuff seems like a great buy thanks for all the help!!!

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I have Porterfield R4-S street pads on my Si all 4 corners and would recommend. Not very dusty at all and has better friction than stock pads. Loved the R4 track pads when I was tracking my 350z so wanted to try them out again.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hmm the Yellowstuff seems like a great buy thanks for all the help!!!
I have Yellow Stuff on my '18 Hatch, great pad for the price, especially initial bite and impressive stopping on OEM rotors. Dust is no worse than stock, but it is infinitely more gentle on rotor. After over a year of used, rotors are now sporting a nice polish.

I also use Hawk Ceramic on my C6, paired with DBA two piece rotors, simply provide me all the stopping power I need + shinny rotors and practically dustless. But I never check if Hawk offers Ceramic pads when I was shopping brake pads for HB.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have Porterfield R4-S street pads on my Si all 4 corners and would recommend. Not very dusty at all and has better friction than stock pads. Loved the R4 track pads when I was tracking my 350z so wanted to try them out again.
Hey, thanks for the info I'm definitely going to check it out.

OP
OP
Christianjwong

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have Yellow Stuff on my '18 Hatch, great pad for the price, especially initial bite and impressive stopping on OEM rotors. Dust is no worse than stock, but it is infinitely more gentle on rotor. After over a year of used, rotors are now sporting a nice polish.

I also use Hawk Ceramic on my C6, paired with DBA two piece rotors, simply provide me all the stopping power I need + shinny rotors and practically dustless. But I never check if Hawk offers Ceramic pads when I was shopping brake pads for HB.
I'll definitely check out both brands and two piece rotors is that possible with hb?
Sponsored