death2168

First Name
wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2019 sport sedan
Country flag
So with this pandemic and the ongoing situation with police brutality and summer coming near, I realize that me going back to school is probably not going to happen soon. And I realize that my summer is empty and I was thinking maybe I could work on my car but I don't know what mods should I do that is worth it. I'm looking to do some suspension upgrade but I don't know. I currently drive a 2019 honda civic sport sedan 6spd. So if anybody have any recommendation on starter mods please let me know. :D
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Rear sway bar and/or shifter upgrades would be where I'd start

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
tint, sway bar, a good set of floor mats, shifter upgrades, intake, etc.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The mods you can do for suspension and handling in general are:

A beefier rear/front sway bar. The rear is easier to swap so most do that first. It'd be better If you just got the SI (18mm) or type r (20.5mm) bar because something like 22mm size bar from a 16.5mm, in my opinion, would be too drastic of a change without also swapping out the front bar.

Type R subframe brace. A nice cheap upgrade to help stiffen the chassis a bit.

Lowering springs. Now these don't have to be a super low drop. Some offer a modest drop while still improving handling a bit.

There's also full coilover kits available.

Performance tires. These will offer the most noticeable improvement in handling. There are plenty of great options depending on your budget. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/stickier-tires-on-the-2017-hatchback-sport.14054/

Some lighter weight wheels. Will help with acceleration, braking, and general handling.

Now I'm guessing you don't plan to go all out with this but this is just to give you a general idea of what you can do to to improve your handling.

OP
OP

death2168

First Name
wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The mods you can do for suspension and handling in general are:

A beefier rear/front sway bar. The rear is easier to swap so most do that first. It'd be better If you just got the SI (18mm) or type r (20.5mm) bar because something like 22mm size bar from a 16.5mm, in my opinion, would be too drastic of a change without also swapping out the front bar.

Type R subframe brace. A nice cheap upgrade to help stiffen the chassis a bit.

Lowering springs. Now these don't have to be a super low drop. Some offer a modest drop while still improving handling a bit.

There's also full coilover kits available.

Performance tires. These will offer the most noticeable improvement in handling. There are plenty of great options depending on your budget. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/stickier-tires-on-the-2017-hatchback-sport.14054/

Some lighter weight wheels. Will help with acceleration, braking, and general handling.

Now I'm guessing you don't plan to go all out with this but this is just to give you a general idea of what you can do to to improve your handling.
What are some good mods for power gain? But are easy and beginner friendly. I'm thinking about doing an exhaust but I wanna keep my exhaust quiet and make it look stock still.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What are some good mods for power gain? But are easy and beginner friendly. I'm thinking about doing an exhaust but I wanna keep my exhaust quiet and make it look stock still.
Intake, Downpipe, FMIC. I'm assuming you already have a tune, if not, that's number 1 on the list.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you recommend for a tune/exhaust? And where do you recommend to buy these parts at?
I recommend getting a Ktuner 1.2 from TSP. They give you a free TSP Stage 1 tune. It is a very refined tune. The exhaust on the car is pretty free flowing. I would only recommend a catted downpipe in the exhaust system. That will allow your turbo to spool faster and give a bit more power in the midband.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What do you recommend for a tune/exhaust? And where do you recommend to buy these parts at?
My preference for parts is 27Won, I feel like they put the most development time and creativity into their products, solving issues most people didn't even think of. Plus they are very involved with the community and have great customer support.

OP
OP

death2168

First Name
wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recommend getting a Ktuner 1.2 from TSP. They give you a free TSP Stage 1 tune. It is a very refined tune. The exhaust on the car is pretty free flowing. I would only recommend a catted downpipe in the exhaust system. That will allow your turbo to spool faster and give a bit more power in the midband.
I don't have the SI I wish I did, I have the NA 2.0 Sport Sedan

But do you know if anyone is selling a decent exhaust system.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have the SI I wish I did, I have the NA 2.0 Sport Sedan

But do you know if anyone is selling a decent exhaust system.
Oops! I was thinking you had a base 1.5T civic. Sorry, I don't know anything about the NA 2.0.

Elussive

First Name
Rave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0l
Country flag
There's not a lot of mods that will increase power for the 2.0L civic. Right now I have a tune from kTuner and the RV6 catless downpipe. Running both of these will give your civic a good bump in hp and torque. I wouldn't pay full price to buy these two things though; it's not quite worth almost $600-$700 for a 15-25 hp increase in my opinion. Be patient and try to snag these two things used on the market. Ktuners are always being posted used, that should be the number 1 power mod you should spring for.

There aren't a lot of aftermarket exhaust systems for our car either. However, some 2.0L owners have figured out other ways to get a nice sound from the civic. If you run a catless downpipe you should keep the stock exhaust.

OP
OP

death2168

First Name
wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's not a lot of mods that will increase power for the 2.0L civic. Right now I have a tune from kTuner and the RV6 catless downpipe. Running both of these will give your civic a good bump in hp and torque. I wouldn't pay full price to buy these two things though; it's not quite worth almost $600-$700 for a 15-25 hp increase in my opinion. Be patient and try to snag these two things used on the market. Ktuners are always being posted used, that should be the number 1 power mod you should spring for.

There aren't a lot of aftermarket exhaust systems for our car either. However, some 2.0L owners have figured out other ways to get a nice sound from the civic. If you run a catless downpipe you should keep the stock exhaust.
Oh okay thanks a lot, have you done any suspension/handling mods?

Elussive

First Name
Rave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0l
Country flag
Oh okay thanks a lot, have you done any suspension/handling mods?
I have not. In about a month or so I'll go ahead and get the eibach sport line springs and sway bars for my civic. Once I'm finished with that I'll put in a short throw shifter and bigger wheels and call it done with the car. There isn't a lot we can do with this car. It's an econobox commuter that can be fun to chuck corners on a backroad.
Sponsored