Reboot Issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 2574
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 2574

I know others have had infotainment issues, but I didn't see anyone with my exact problem. Wanted to know if it happened to anyone else.

I've been having Bluetooth dropout with my iPhone. I read that rebooting could help with that. This morning after entering the car which had been auto-started and on for about 5 minutes, I held the power button to reboot the radio. I waited for 30 seconds or so, then started to drive figuring the radio would come on after it was finished rebooting. The audio started playing and the wallpaper showed up, but nothing else. Then the reverse camera showed up, but only on the upper portion of the screen. I tried various things with no success of having the menu items appear. Touching the screen made the stations change, but nothing appeared. I parked and shut off the car, restarted the engine, waited, still nothing.

I'm going to try pulling the radio and amp fuses tonight if it doesn't fix itself first. Is there anything else I could try if that doesn't work? Short of taking it to the dealer? PS, car has under 300 miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Reboot Issue IMG_7205.JPG
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I've not seen anyone with that before. Another reboot may fix it, otherwise try the fuse.

You might want to show a dealer and ask them to document with Honda.

Welcome to your new car. I hate mine more and more each day. These types of problems are constant.

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
I've not seen anyone with that before. Another reboot may fix it, otherwise try the fuse.

You might want to show a dealer and ask them to document with Honda.

Welcome to your new car. I hate mine more and more each day. These types of problems are constant.
Oh you're exaggerating! The car is pretty much flawless, as long as you don't listen to music, turn on the climate control, or drive faster than 60mph.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2574

Thanks. It's a shame a lot of new cars with so much technology suck... My other vehicle is a 2014 Infiniti QX60. If you guys/gals didn't know, the CVT transmission has/had a terrible shuddering issue. 2 years... That's how long it took to resolve. Other owners have had their transmissions changed, as well as torque converters. They issued a software update to remap the "shift" points. It's not perfect, but definitely better. I'm counting down the months until the lease is up.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2574

My cousin got stranded in his brand new Durango because it needed a software update to allow the key fob to be recognized. Vehicle had to be towed to the dealer. Luckily he was close to home... would've sucked it he was in the middle of nowhere.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Sadly, these stories make me feel better.

It has been very disappointing though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2574

Everything seemed to work as normal when I got back to the car in the evening. I guess 11 hours did it good.
Sponsored