IndyMark007

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
New 2017 Civic Hatchback owner here and I love the car overall. Is it just me, or is the rearview mirror really low? It causes quite a blind spot for me and I find myself having to dip my head down to see things at times. I've never had this kind of issue in any other car I've ever owned.
Sponsored

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
You're too tall lol. Are you sitting high up. I notice it is lower than a few cars that I can remember but I never found myself needing to dip my head in order to see.

OP
OP
IndyMark007

IndyMark007

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Never mind. I just checked again before driving home from work and I realized that the mirror is adjustable on both the mirror side AND the windshield side. I was able to pivot it all the way up on the windshield side and that helped tremendously.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Never mind. I just checked again before driving home from work and I realized that the mirror is adjustable on both the mirror side AND the windshield side. I was able to pivot it all the way up on the windshield side and that helped tremendously.
That's what I do in every car I drive. Mine is up against the sensor package with the arm nearly horizontal.

Back in my EP3, I flipped the mirror upside-down, which raised it another couple centimeters since the attachment point was actually off-center. That's not what I did in my avatar pic, though. ;)
Sponsored