Rear windshield wiper not working?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not much to it, but I turn the switch to my rear windshield wiper and it doesn’t move. Did the switch die? Curiously it will spray wiper fluid if I switch it into that position. But intermediate and normal speed don’t move it at all.

Not the biggest deal, but I do like having it when it’s pouring or snowing.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Not much to it, but I turn the switch to my rear windshield wiper and it doesn’t move. Did the switch die? Curiously it will spray wiper fluid if I switch it into that position. But intermediate and normal speed don’t move it at all.

Not the biggest deal, but I do like having it when it’s pouring or snowing.
You'll probably want to bring it into a dealership to diagnose if you haven't already. I don't think it's possible for any of us to rule out an electrical problem with the stalk although we know the wiper fluid switch still works. Off of a guess I'd assume it's the wiper motor, but there is no way to know for sure. I hope the snow slows down for you soon, I've been sick of winter for a while now :p

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll probably want to bring it into a dealership to diagnose if you haven't already. I don't think it's possible for any of us to rule out an electrical problem with the stalk although we know the wiper fluid switch still works. Off of a guess I'd assume it's the wiper motor, but there is no way to know for sure. I hope the snow slows down for you soon, I've been sick of winter for a while now :p
There is a spinny thing the wiper is attached to that spins freely but the wiper itself doesn’t move. It looks like the wiper is tightly on the spinning thing but it doesn’t move. I can move it manually.

I’ll bring it into my dealer and also will ask them to finally look at my brake hold and figure out why that hasn’t worked for almost a year now.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Sounds like the wiper where it connects may have stripped out the tiny threads where it mounts to..it can happen from trying to use the wiper and having too much snow in the way and strips it out so motor moves, your wiper won’t.
Sponsored