Rear window defroster - one row not working

Andrew

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I normally park in a car port so my windows haven't actually had any sort of frost/morning dew to get rid of.

Last night I parked my Civic in a normal spot and forgot to move it, and this morning all the windows had dew on them. I turned on the rear window defroster and after about 10 minutes it was mostly clear, but I noticed one line where the frost still was. I tried to take a picture of it, but I was at a stoplight so I had to do it from the drivers seat and it's kinda hard to see.

It seems like one row of the defrosters isn't working (see the foggy area that wasn't cleared).

It faded away after another 5 minutes, but it was annoying and somewhat distracting, and could definitely be problematic in the future (I live in Indiana, winter is coming).

Anyone have any similar issues? Should I take it in to get checked out/repaired?

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear window defroster - one row not working fdfsdsfdCar
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
That's usually a physical disconnect for that thermal wire.

If your windows are tinted, dealer will most likely blame it on that, because they'll say the tinter scraped the wires.

JaySaiLo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Sorry for reviving a very old post but I picked up a brand new 17 Si and I had the same issue where one line wasnt working. Brought it to Honda and they found one of the lines did not have power and theyre replacing my rear windshield under warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear window defroster - one row not working 20171223_161726

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
Huge safety hazard. Dealer and Honda won’t risk that. Only solution is to replace the entire glass. Glad it’s getting taken care of.

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've got the same issue on my rear window, except I have 2 that are dead. Same as you my car is always in the garage and didn't notice it until recently. Car goes in for an oil change today, hopefully they fix this too.
Sponsored