captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
what ever happened to cars with those big wide rear windshields, had honda accord 2000 wide rear windows no wide posts, did not need no lane watch, turned my head back , man i saw everything. Now after 20 yrs bought a honda civic ex sedan and not easy to to see in back when turning my head to right with slanty windows and big posts. .now use lane watch and a new way of driving for me. i test drove a lot of cars,, but the civic had the most room inside.

civic is so much bigger than 2000 civic I wanted a car almost the size of honda accord 2000
so i guess this comes closest. this cars not small now. 2020 accord too big

old honda accord 2000 was 188" L 57"h 70"w
new 2020 civic sedan 182" l 57"h 70.5"w
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you think the sedan rear view is bad, sit in a Civic hatch and check out the huge over the shoulder C pillar blind spot.

OP
OP

captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
If you think the sedan rear view is bad, sit in a Civic hatch and check out the huge over the shoulder C pillar blind spot.

is really that bad. are all the new hatch back that way. how do you change lanes

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Never had an issue with visibility just using mirrors and looking over my shoulder. Depends on perspective I guess. I'm used to owning vehicles with poor visibility so the Civic, to me, feels like it has tons.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Glass is relatively heavy compared to sheet metal, my guess is manufacturers having been reducing total glass area in a bid to boost fuel economy. Non-issue for me, adjusted my side mirrors for any blind spot, between the side mirrors correctly adjusted and the rear mirror, pretty much can cover 180 degrees between mirrors before a car drifts into my peripheral vision.
A popular interior mod in the late 70s-early 80s was extra wide, multi panel mirrors for people having trouble with just 3 mirrors:

Honda Civic 10th gen rear visability 2020 civic.  remember cars with big rear windshield xtra wide mirror

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Probably get better crash test ratings with thicker structural support and less glass

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
Glass is relatively heavy compared to sheet metal, my guess is manufacturers having been reducing total glass area in a bid to boost fuel economy. Non-issue for me, adjusted my side mirrors for any blind spot, between the side mirrors correctly adjusted and the rear mirror, pretty much can cover 180 degrees between mirrors before a car drifts into my peripheral vision.
A popular interior mod in the late 70s-early 80s was extra wide, multi panel mirrors for people having trouble with just 3 mirrors:
Do these things have a "dim" setting? Like a flip up or down to tint the high beams on the lifted duramax riding 2 ft from my back bumper? I always wanted one of those but I would hate to get headlight glare off of 5 mirrors at once lol.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Do these things have a "dim" setting? Like a flip up or down to tint the high beams on the lifted duramax riding 2 ft from my back bumper? I always wanted one of those but I would hate to get headlight glare off of 5 mirrors at once lol.
Never had one myself, but my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) had one in her '74 Capri. If I remember right, no night setting switch you could flip, but it had an anti glare coating on the mirrors which was supposed to help with headlight glare, plus her windows were tinted, so it wasn't that big of an issue.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
is really that bad. are all the new hatch back that way. how do you change lanes
With the side mirrors set properly (which is very different from how most people actually have them set), there are zero blind spots. I have a 2019 hatch, and any vehicle coming up on me from either side is first visible in my rearview mirror, then a combination of both my rearview and side mirror, then just my side mirror, then it's right beside me visible through my side window (and still partially visible in the side mirror). There is no way for vehicles to get "lost" when the mirrors are set up this way regardless of what kind of "blind spots" the vehicle has.
Sponsored