arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had a solid 24mm Progress RSB on my old 05 6mt Acura TL. It was already lowered on Tein SA coils and also had a mechanical LSD, so it handled pretty well, but the RSB was the cherry on top! So much fun to go into corners with speed and stay flat. Had it at it's stiffest setting.

I'll prob get an aftermarket 22mm or CTR RSB in the future. Pairing it with the Al Honda Sport endlinks seems like a good idea too.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just the brace and two bolts. The threads are sitting there waiting for you on the subframe. Ezpz
Sweet... Can't believe the brace is only $12

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I paid 48$ in Feb. I'd jump on 12$
Just pulled the trigger... ordered a few other things and it's funny how the shipping cost me 3x the price of the brace.

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger... ordered a few other things and it's funny how the shipping cost me 3x the price of the brace.
Shipping always gets ya... I want HFP side skirts for my coupe, but everywhere charges 200+ for shipping, haha.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Just ordered from hondapartshq.com. Used code rm10sd to save $10 on shipping. Total for me was $21.73. I've used this site previously to order my spare tire kit, I was happy with that transaction so I went with them again. Sorry for participating in the thread jack, just figured some of the people here would like to know as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Sway Bar Recommendation 1587570631202

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
It's super easy to induce oversteer once the sway bar and endlinks are installed. Lift off the gas and graze the brakes going around a highway exit and the back end loves to come out. You go really fast and simply lifting off the gas in a corner will make the ass end step out. So fun.
Just be careful bro. Lift off oversteer is one of the most unpredictable induced forms of oversteer

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Mash the gas in a fwd car and it corrects it instantly.
You’re right. What I mean is, when you lift off you don’t know if you’re going to rotate a little or a lot. You gotta be real ready with the throttle lol. Buts it’s good fun. I used to mess around with it in my old 4th gen prelude.

7Ghost_2Alienz_GenXX

First Name
Karo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20XIX Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with you on the rear end sitting higher and looking doofy, and I think most lowering springs drop the rear a tad more than the front. One of the most modest drops out there for lowering springs are the Eibach pro kit, which drops it 0.9" in the front and 1.1" in the back. They're likely going to be my next upgrade. However, they wont decrease body roll as much as a rear sway bar since all they are doing is lowering the center of gravity and adding a tiny bit of stiffness. I want them for mostly aesthetic purposes, but eventually want to get a sway bar as well after some tires/wheels and will likely go with the Eibach Type R 25mm rear sway bar as opposed to the 22mm options offered for the Si.

Type R: https://eibach.com/us/e40-40-036-03-01-2017-2020-honda-civic-anti-roll-kit
Si: https://eibach.com/us/i-11051-rear-anti-roll-kit-rear-sway-bar-only.html
I went with megan racing rear swaybar and 2018 Accord sport Endlinks whitline racing front endlinks dc strut bar, for added control and stiffness a type r 2pt support underneath my Si on stock springs riding on 19” wheels handles well

7Ghost_2Alienz_GenXX

First Name
Karo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20XIX Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ordered the CTR front support (twice), bought it on one site, then kept reading the postings and saw @Gandalf posted about ordering with the shipping code, so ordered them from that site and even with expedited shipping, it was about $5 cheaper overall. Just sent an email to the first site to cancel the order. On top of that, I have had my eye on the RV6 rear setup for a few months and this thread pushed me over the fence and placed that order just a few minutes ago as well.
Damn keep us intune

7Ghost_2Alienz_GenXX

First Name
Karo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20XIX Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
26mm might be a bit too much on a street car that OP doesn’t intend on tracking? That’s really, really beefy compared to stock. Might run into oversteer.

Also, I guess not exactly relevant since I have a base model (sport) coupe, but the combo of Type R front subframe brace and rear sway bar (bought it used off a Type R owner who was upgrading) really does enhance cornering. Definitely the go-to mod for suspension performance over looks.
I run 22mm on mine you can feel a huge difference. I don’t track just spirited driving, i like getting in and out of traffic with suffering
Sponsored