Rear Sway Bar Recommendation

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From what I've read in these forums, if my goal is to reduce boy roll on my daily driver (2018 Si sedan), a rear sway bar is the best solution. Although I wish the car didn't look slightly higher in the rear, I've pretty much decided against lowering springs (unless someone can give me a compelling reason as to why I should still consider them). This car will never be tracked, but I do tend to drive somewhat spiritedly on the rural backroads where I live.
  1. Which rear sway bar would you recommend?
  2. Would a general mechanic be able to install it, or should I look for a specialty shop?
  3. Approximately how much should I expect to pay for labor?
  4. As mentioned above, I'm fine with the front height of the vehicle; I dislike how the rear gives the appearance of being slightly higher. IF I were to consider lowering springs, is there a way to only lower the rear (or lower both, but VERY conservatively)? Would that reduce body roll?
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
White line 22mm rear away bar with accord end links is the setup I'd reccomend.

Any shop with basic tools can install it. It shouldnt cost more than an hours worth of labor. Maybe 50$

Yes a rear away bar makes the backend seems much more responsive. Feels way tighter.

OP
OP
Vegas Viking

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow those have come down in price since I did mine. Yes those are the ones you want!

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a pretty inexpensive mod all around. Everything on Whiteline's site is 20% off.
For sure as far as mods go it's on the cheaper side. But those endlinks where 62$ each in February so seeing 14$ had me do a double take at part number. Crazy

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I’m running D2 Lowering spring and Whiteline F&R sway bar “Front on soft and Rear on stiff setting” driving Si in “sportmode” handle like it’s on rails and car rotate into corner so nicely with little to none understeer, it oversteer when you lift off gas. Perfect for spirit canyon drive.

Front 27mm & Rear 26mm by Whiteline

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Sway Bar Recommendation 7716616D-4330-4DB9-9C00-907EA26642A9

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a whiteline rear sway bar. I originally placed an order from pro civic for an Eibach one, but they were out of stock so I went with the whiteline one. Honestly both identical designs, just comes down to what color do you want really. It’s an easy install if you have the proper tools, 30min-hour tops. I placed an order for accord endlinks so waiting for those bad boys to be delivered. Was too lazy to replace the front because didn’t want to drop the subframe, but I have a CTR front subframe brace ($30 OEM part, highly recommend) and a DC front strut bar. Will be replacing the front endlinks to whiteline endlinks soon because the stock ones are really thin.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have a whiteline rear sway bar. I originally placed an order from pro civic for an Eibach one, but they were out of stock so I went with the whiteline one. Honestly both identical designs, just comes down to what color do you want really. It’s an easy install if you have the proper tools, 30min-hour tops. I placed an order for accord endlinks so waiting for those bad boys to be delivered. Was too lazy to replace the front because didn’t want to drop the subframe, but I have a CTR front subframe brace ($30 OEM part, highly recommend) and a DC front strut bar. Will be replacing the front endlinks to whiteline endlinks soon because the stock ones are really thin.
Got a link to that CTR part? Does it fit the coupe?

I'm running the Eibach bar in the rear and it made a world of difference. Didn't think it would. Still running the OEM Si endlinks on the hardest settings with no issues.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Last edited: