Rear Suspension

Fryer45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T (sold) 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
Country flag
Are there better quality i.e. stronger shocks or struts for rear area? The reason I'm asking is, when I am driving with 3 other people, it seems that the rear end area dips down more. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Sponsored

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Are there better quality i.e. stronger shocks or struts for rear area? The reason I'm asking is, when I am driving with 3 other people, it seems that the rear end area dips down more. Any suggestions is appreciated.
This is pretty natural. Your other option would be stiffer lowering springs (or custom swifts) or coilovers. I set my coilovers where they're comfortable but they don't sag when I have two people in the rear.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
This is pretty natural. Your other option would be stiffer lowering springs (or custom swifts) or coilovers. I set my coilovers where they're comfortable but they don't sag when I have two people in the rear.
The shocks and the damping rates have nothing to do with ride height and sagging.

Most lowering springs take advantage of the inherent extra margin of bump travel the OEM suspension has for carrying capacity and actually decreases the amount of weight you can carry before your suspension bottoms out. They mostly are not stiff enough for the bump travel they are losing.

What you want is springs that retain OEM ride height but are stiffer with shocks with matching valving. No one makes that, you would have to look at custom fabricated setups.

I think the driver's manual says that maximum carrying capacity is 850lbs... not a lot so 4 americans have a good chance of making it go over.
Sponsored