ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport (Sold) 2020 BMW M340i
Country flag
Hello again, my right rear suspension clunk has returned again. when i go over bumps or rough patches of road the rear right corner makes a rattling/clunking noise. I have checked my sway bar end links which are tight, i have checked the locking collars on the shock and the springs for ride height, all of which seem tight, ive checked the upper bolts that mount the shock to the body, ive given the wheel a shake left and right and up and down, all seems solid, the nuts on the camber kit are all tight and the camber arm has no play in it when i attempt to shake it back and forth so it seems the bushing is fine. Anyone have anything else for me to check that i havent already listed? Any suggestions at all would be helpful at this point, this problem has come and gone many times over the past year with me and its getting real old.
Sponsored

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you modified your car? List items of Mods, so we can get a better picture of what's wrong?

OP
OP
ColeVanD

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you modified your car? List items of Mods, so we can get a better picture of what's wrong?
yes sorry. BC coils, ktuned camber arms, i have adjustable whiteline sway bar end links, but im back to oem ones currently to isolate the problem.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just about to suggest the same thing. Put back the stock rear bar and end links. This solved the problem for me. Or may be just put back the stock end links.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
My clunk went away when I switched to whiteline end links hardest setting.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You commented on my other post about setting it to the hardest setting. I like the way the car handles on the soft setting of the sway bar. When you say hardest setting on the whiteline endlinks you mean setting the endlinks to the shortest length?

OP
OP
ColeVanD

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i am on oem end links and im 90% sure theyre tightened all the way down but maybe ill recheck them. do you guys have an easy method for torquing them down? because its a small area to get a wrench in, and i wonder if torqueing them down wrong could make them clunk or something idk. I heard you have to install and tighten them down while the car is on the ground but could it be done in the air too?

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Suspension parts should be loaded when tightening the endlinks. I had the same problem and my flex head rachet had the right angle to get the job done, but still I had noises. Maybe the stock endlinks are going bad as they are made of plastic and rubber.

OP
OP
ColeVanD

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would you guys recommend the oem accord end links since theyre made of aluminum instead of plastic?

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally would, but I was still making noises with them on.

OP
OP
ColeVanD

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP, you never posted an update. What was the resolution?
Sorry, totally forgot and dont even have the car anymore. Took it to a shop, they ended up saying the internal bump stops were adjusted wrong on the rear right shock. They fixed it that day and the clunking never came back.

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Sorry, totally forgot and dont even have the car anymore. Took it to a shop, they ended up saying the internal bump stops were adjusted wrong on the rear right shock. They fixed it that day and the clunking never came back.
Thanks for the update. I have the same problem and found your post in the archives. Enjoy the new car!

OP
OP
ColeVanD

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I have the same problem and found your post in the archives. Enjoy the new car!
Thank you, Sounds good. LMK if my issues turn out to help you fix yours. I did also have my adjustable whiteline end links break loose once because i didnt use loctite. That was a very noticeable but different clunk too, if you havent checked that yet.
Sponsored