baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
i also have clunking at slow speeds with my whiteline rear sway and whiteline adjustable endlinks. I was gonna get some hard race ones and see if the end links were the problem. http://www.hardrace.com/Product_detail.asp?id=3703.
I'd suggest trying your OE Si endlinks first - not as a permanent solution, but to see where the problem lies.

On my Type R, the (first?) issue is with clearance to the control arm - the dimension that I've highlighted in the HardRace.com image below. The stock endlink in the pic has a shallower depth than the Type R endlink. The Type R endlink has similar "depth" as the HardRace, and the end of that bolt/end assembly knocks against the control arm. With an adjustable endlink, hopefully one can lengthen the endlink enough so that assembly clears the suspension arm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Suspension Clunking 201832110425410R42E54LU
Sponsored

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2019 civic si 22k on it. Rear still clunking, I’ve replaced my rear suspension with different after parts and that god damn clunking shit is still there. It definitely isn’t the struts in the rear I tested this with oem’s and bc racing coilovers. I don’t know what the problem is and neither does Honda

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2019 civic si 22k on it. Rear still clunking, I’ve replaced my rear suspension with different after parts and that god damn clunking shit is still there. It definitely isn’t the struts in the rear I tested this with oem’s and bc racing coilovers. I don’t know what the problem is and neither does Honda
Sway bar end links?

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh no, you are reminding me that winter is coming....
I have the issue all year around, a lot of rear suspension was replaced aftermarket wise and I still have the noise. Honda just gives you the run around

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They can still get loose. They need periodically tightened if you didn;t use a lock washer of lock tite.
I’ll double check them!

ZEEE Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI, 72 Z-28
Country flag
I've replied to this thread last winter with same problem. Lots of different theories here but no clear cut solution. Some have replaced struts and have same problem and same goes with sway bar bushings. As soon as it gets cold enough I'm gonna just remove the rear sway bar completely and eliminate that theory once and for all. Has anyone done this? On the hoist it looks like it would literally take minutes to remove.

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Order some rear upper mounts from the 2020 Si. Clunking will disappear.

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Are you sure, there’s no 2020 on the road now
I am sure. I'm also hoping that Honda will cover the replacements for people now that there is a revised part. I don't know if a TSB will be issued though.
Sponsored