burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone visited the dealer for this issue ? It’s time I definitely go. I’ve owned this car for a year and half know and it’s been making the noise since. I’m not the only one with this problem, many other have complained about it. I haven’t had time to visit the dealer for work and my car being low. I knew they were gonna use the “oh you modified the suspension that’s why it was making noise crap”. But a friend of mine had is completely brand new 2019 front suspension replaced do it that making noise as well and car steering hard to the right. I was running bc coilovers and always thought it was the coilovers until I switched back to my stock shocks and I’m still getting that noise in the rear. It’s like a clunk and something is loose. I even checked everything when I took my rear coilovers out and couldn’t find anything wrong.
Sponsored

Last edited:

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Just figured you'd see something in the 19 pages there that might correspond to your issue. Or maybe ask there to see if anyone experiences it all year? Just trying to help :)

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just figured you'd see something in the 19 pages there that might correspond to your issue. Or maybe ask there to see if anyone experiences it all year? Just trying to help :)
Yeah I appreciate it I actually saw it as I posted this lol.

Definitely a good read!

Deleted member 32006

Has anyone visited the dealer for this issue ? It’s time I definitely go. I’ve owned this car for a year and half know and it’s been making the noise since. I’m not the only one with this problem, many other have complained about it. I haven’t had time to visit the dealer for work and my car being low. I knew they were gonna use the “oh you modified the suspension that’s why it was making noise crap”. But a friend of mine had is completely brand new 2019 front suspension replaced do it that making noise as well and car steering hard to the right. I was running bc coilovers and always thought it was the coilovers until I switched back to my stock shocks and I’m still getting that noise in the rear. It’s like a clunk and something is loose. I even checked everything when I took my rear coilovers out and couldn’t find anything wrong.
Did you manage to find out what the issue was? I’m getting the same clunking loose noise. At first I thought the rear end links were loose and making the rear sway bar move around but it wasn’t that.

Where I live its a 80-90 degree weather all year around so I doubt the reason is cold weather.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did you manage to find out what the issue was? I’m getting the same clunking loose noise. At first I thought the rear end links were loose and making the rear sway bar move around but it wasn’t that.

Where I live its a 80-90 degree weather all year around so I doubt the reason is cold weather.
There are rubber bushings that the springs sits on. In my case it was the bottom ones. Both were not installed correctly by a shop and was causing the spring to hit lower mount it sits on. I replaced both bushings and installed them myself correctly. There are two nipples on the bottom of those bushings and you gotta make sure they both pop into that lower control arm!

Go to 3:17 of my video

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport (Sold) 2020 BMW M340i
Country flag
There are rubber bushings that the springs sits on. In my case it was the bottom ones. Both were not installed correctly by a shop and was causing the spring to hit lower mount it sits on. I replaced both bushings and installed them myself correctly. There are two nipples on the bottom of those bushings and you gotta make sure they both pop into that lower control arm!

Go to 3:17 of my video

Looking under my car it looks like my rubber grommet thing isn't poking through like that. Is there a way to fix that while the spring is in the car or do I have to take it out to fix that.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looking under my car it looks like my rubber grommet thing isn't poking through like that. Is there a way to fix that while the spring is in the car or do I have to take it out to fix that.
gotta remove that spring! It’s compressed on that rubber grommet.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
gotta remove that spring! It’s compressed on that rubber grommet.
Old thread, sorry to drag it back up, but this is literally what I'm experiencing right now. My rubber grommet with the little knobs is slotted in through the holes, but I don't think it's through the original holes but two of the other like 6 holes down there lol. Do you think it not being seated in the original holes would cause occasional clunking? I'm about to take time this weekend to re-seat it and see if it helps.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Old thread, sorry to drag it back up, but this is literally what I'm experiencing right now. My rubber grommet with the little knobs is slotted in through the holes, but I don't think it's through the original holes but two of the other like 6 holes down there lol. Do you think it not being seated in the original holes would cause occasional clunking? I'm about to take time this weekend to re-seat it and see if it helps.
Could be! Best to take it apart and make sure everything is seated properly

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Could be! Best to take it apart and make sure everything is seated properly
Yeah, I popped the wheel off today, pulled the bottom 3 nuts and endlink nuts, then put em back on torqued super well. The weird thing is I see rubbing between two of the arms down there. I know this is new because last week when I was putting the springs there was no rubbing in that location. I'm not sure how or why it's happening. Are the stock endlinks too long/short and causing parts to rub?? Pictures below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Suspension Clunking Over Bumpy Roads PXL_20220306_213820089
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Suspension Clunking Over Bumpy Roads PXL_20220306_213831391
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Suspension Clunking Over Bumpy Roads PXL_20220306_213833748
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Suspension Clunking Over Bumpy Roads PXL_20220306_213822640

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I popped the wheel off today, pulled the bottom 3 nuts and endlink nuts, then put em back on torqued super well. The weird thing is I see rubbing between two of the arms down there. I know this is new because last week when I was putting the springs there was no rubbing in that location. I'm not sure how or why it's happening. Are the stock endlinks too long/short and causing parts to rub?? Pictures below.

PXL_20220306_213820089.jpg
PXL_20220306_213831391.jpg
PXL_20220306_213833748.jpg
PXL_20220306_213822640.jpg
that is weird! I would understand if maybe the sway bar end links cause that because they need to be readjusted. But those looks like the oem ones right ?